• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little Mac and Mr. Sandman downgrade...?

Strength and Durability

So I don't deny the Don Flamenco feat at all because boom it happens right there. But Mr. Sandman didn't destroy a building in one punch. Look at Mr. Sandman's clip again at 0:22. In frame 2 he punches the building with his left arm, then frame 3 he punches the building with his right arm. Since no major damage is seen after the first punch except a broken wall and shattered windows. In frame 4 the building is completely destroyed. We have no way of knowing how many punches it took and all we know is he can punch through brick walls with his bare hands. I did fix the pages... but someone undid my change because I guess they didn't believe me or something. It wouldn't make sense for Mac to be building level anyways since he can't damage King Hippo through his sewer lid or Glass Joe through his headgear.

Speed

Also his speed against Piston Hondo outrunning a bullet train cannot be counted since that's travel speed and not combat speed. The in-game timer indicates that Mac can punch 4 times per second due to it slowing down when a combo is started, and the fastest punch Mac faces comes out in 15 frames out of 60 frames meaning that his fastest opponents can also only throw 4 punches per second.

Punch Out!! (Wii) - Title Defense Mr
Punch Out!! (Wii) - Title Defense Mr. Sandma

Punch Out!! Bear Hugger Full Fight
Punch Out!! Bear Hugger Full Fight

Added this video since Mr. Sandman is blocking the timer in his video. Here you can see the 4 punches per second.

You don't make major content revisions without permission from an administrator or without consulting the content revision board.

Apologies. I didn't know fixing stats was that major. Mac can't even damage King Hippo through his sewer lid or Glass Joe through his headgear. So I figured it only made sense for Mac to be downgraded since I already disproved the Sandman building feat on top of the previous things.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
And yes that was a legitimate "apologies." I read that back in my head and realized it sounded super sarcastic >w<
When I read it I also thought you were being sarcastic XD

It seems like they'd be wall level, then.

Or maybe just small building level. The fact that he actually managed to tear the building down with his bare hands is still impressive despite the fact that we have no clue how many punches it took.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
So this would suggest Wall to small room level AP and what speed?
Whatever speed 1/4 of a second would be. Watch the bear hugger video I added to the OP, Mac can throw 4 punches per second according to the in-game timer at the top of the screen that slows down when Mac starts a combo. The game runs at 60 fps and the fastest punch comes out at 15 frames meaning his fastest opponent can also throw 4 punches per second.

Well, the AP downgrade seems legitimate, but here we tend to gauge characters by their movement speed, including by running. What is gauged separate, as travel speed, is how fast they can fly.

Antvasima said:
Well, the AP downgrade seems legitimate, but here we tend to gauge characters by their movement speed, including by running. What is gauged separate, as travel speed, is how fast they can fly.
Well the punch out characters don't really run when they fight XD The only time we see Mac running is when he's training with Doc, but I have no clue how to tell how fast he's going there.

ah yes.the old combat speed fallacy.Leopold,you DO realize that unless you dont mind crashing into every obstacle in your path your reactions have to at least equal your travel speed,right?

This combined with the fact that combat speed is either how fast you can move your body or how fast you can react to your opponent(whichever one is slower,really) pretty much destroys that argument.

Also,are you seriously using gameplay speed to downplay?Are you also gonna make another thread in which you call for the sonic characters being downgraded to subsonic because ingame they arent even going FTE?

Back