• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Punch-Out!! Revision

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
This calculation gives a calculated 9-C and Superhuman speed rating to NES Punch-Out! characters. Mind you, literally everyone but Sandman and Mike Tyson downscale from the AP since and everyone but those two and Mac downscale from the speed, but still.

The Class 25 rating for Wii Punch-Out! should be removed as the feat is a strike and should not qualify for LS, calc is old so it doesn't consider that.

Yep, that's all I got. Mac's profile should probably touched up a bit aesthetically and I can take care of that.

Oh also boxers aren't pro lifters so LS should be downgraded to athletic human across the board

Looks good, I do agree that the Class 25 rating should be removed considering LS isn't even a factor in Punch-Out as boxing obviously focuses on striking, not grappling, though the characters do still show some LS feats such as Super Macho Man being able to bench press a large barbell and Mr. Sandman being able to lift the referee with one arm.

You're right, I forgot to look for replacement feats in that regard.

Could I ask you for links? I remember them being a thing but I can't find the latter

Yeah that's pretty good, basically all of those guys except for maybe Macho should get Superhuman, I could calc some of these but I am lazy and will not, but until that, how should we handle scaling? We don't really ever see them grapple each other but clinching is a thing in boxing so there is a small grappling aspect to it. Mac probably doesn't scale to anything LS-wise but the rest might.

I'm not even sure why NES era is separate from the more modern era, which I have heard concerns about. But I agree with the LS downgrade as that's just a striking strength feat.

I wonder what will happen if they ever do a reboot or remaster of the game, what will they put? A character that literally raises a building, or don flamenco mandara un toro a volar a la luna.

I don't know, it's okay to dream (don't hate little mac please)
good post

Yeah that's pretty good, basically all of those guys except for maybe Macho should get Superhuman, I could calc some of these but I am lazy and will not, but until that, how should we handle scaling? We don't really ever see them grapple each other but clinching is a thing in boxing so there is a small grappling aspect to it. Mac probably doesn't scale to anything LS-wise but the rest might.
Imho everyone should scale to their own feats, but I can see more muscular boxers scaling above the feats of the more slim ones.

Blocking punches doesn't scale LS and most boxers are probably physically stronger than Mac

Anyway so

I agree with this CRT, As for DDM's comment, I'm pretty sure my last Punch Out!! CRT was explained to me, as I wanted to upgrade Mike to 9-B and such.

Everyone here gets Superhuman LS
I'd give it only to those who demonstrated superhuman LS, imho.

• I would say everyone else minus Mac and maybe Minor Circuit people (Then again, the rematches exist) gets possibly Superhuman via clinching being a huge part of modern boxing?
I'm unsure, clinching is a part of boxing, but at the same time Punch-Out is extremely unrealistic and doesn't feature such mechanic.

Also, what are the evidences for Punch Out being a unified timeline and not two/three (given Super Punch Out) different canons?
Like, manuals, interviews or else?

I'd give it only to those who demonstrated superhuman LS, imho.
I mean yeah, all of those minus like Macho Man do.
I'm unsure, clinching is a part of boxing, but at the same time Punch-Out is extremely unrealistic and doesn't feature such mechanic.
While that's true, that might be because you're playing as a featherweight who's not really able to pull anything like that on competition, we don't know what a match between like, soda popinski and super macho man would look like.
Also, what are the evidences for Punch Out being a unified timeline and not two/three (given Super Punch Out) different canons?
Like, manuals, interviews or else?
Eh, Super/Arcade sure but I think Wii being a sequel to NES should be the default assumption here. That said, the Wii manual actually says Mac is starting his career, so it might be a reboot after all.

I mean yeah, all of those minus like Macho Man do.
I misssed the here next to Everyone, so yeah, it's fine

Eh, Super/Arcade sure but I think Wii being a sequel to NES should be the default assumption here. That said, the Wii manual actually says Mac is starting his career, so it might be a reboot after all.
Mac actually starts his career in Wii, even though he's supposed to be already champion by the end of NES, so that's kind of a clashing factor.
Since the manual's there, I guess it can be considered a reboot effectively.

I'd have to split a lotta profiles, would take some time. Is anyone willing to help out?

Back