• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reality Quest: Some calcs removal (Speed downgrade).

Dowan's multi-punch and Dowan punches:

These 2 calcs follow the same logic which is based on these 2 panels the calcs account for the punches to be made faster than the opponent can react but it's not the case, I explained why in a comment in the second calc and DMUA agreed to it and therefore he rejected the feat but the that calc is still up and the other calc follows the same exact logic.

Dowan dodges Yu Geun Jin attack using boosters:

The calc says "the mc reacted and activated his ability 'boosters' which give him a speed amplification. I will try and get the speed of the boosters", based on the chapter they are first relative and after Dowan boost his speed his opponent can not only keep up with him but he can basically "blitz" him and still the calc suggest an enormous gap in speed which contradicts the fight itself, the rule against it can be found here.

The calc has other problems like assuming the distance between the sword and Dowan and calculating the time frame based on the distance "sword - face" when we see Dowan in his final position while the arm is fully stretch so the sword should have surpass that distance.

Dowan dodges Yu Geun Jin attack using boosters:

The calc says "the mc reacted and activated his ability 'boosters' which give him a speed amplification. I will try and get the speed of the boosters", based on the chapter they are first relative and after Dowan boost his speed his opponent can not only keep up with him but he can basically "blitz" him and still the calc suggest an enormous gap in speed which contradicts the fight itself, the rule against it can be found here.

The calc has other problems like assuming the distance between the sword and Dowan and calculating the time frame based on the distance "sword - face" when we see Dowan in his final position while the arm is fully stretch so the sword should have surpass that distance.
DMUA already mentioned this

they are equal even after the boost in speed, I specifically talked about it.
No, they are not. Boosters only work when activated and cannot be used with two abilities simultaneously. This means Dowan can use only one ability at a time.

So, he blitzed his opponent, but then he himself got blitzed when he deactivated the ability

I'm not familiar with the serie itself, can you provide the scans for that? I assume the blue lightings he has is because of that boost and he has them when the dude "blitz" him, also what do you think about the other points below?

I'm not familiar with the serie itself, can you provide the scans for that? I assume the blue lightings he has is because of that boost and he has them when the dude "blitz" him, also what do you think about the other points below?
Do you mean the problem here is that I assumed the distance? I don't understand what's wrong with it. As far as I know, it can't be precisely calculated in pixels, but it's very close to his face, so it's safe to assume it's at least 10 cm away. Additionally, DMUA already knows that, so if he accepts it, it means the assumption I made is acceptable

I don't think he rejected it
He outright agreed with my points which explain why the calc is wrong.

Do you mean the problem here is that I assumed the distance? I don't understand what's wrong with it. As far as I know, it can't be precisely calculated in pixels, but it's very close to his face, so it's safe to assume it's at least 10 cm away. Additionally, DMUA already knows that, so if he accepts it, it means the assumption I made is acceptable
I'm not a fan of assuming regardless there is the other problem I pointed out.

Last edited:
He outright agreed with my points which explained why the calc is wrong.
Well, I don't remember what happened in the 'Dowan punches' feat. Can you explain why you don't think it's a blitz?

In the 'Dowan's multi-punch' feat, it's very clear that it's a blitz. The other guy began to punch, and at the last moment, Dowan activated his ability, managing to land 8 punches without the other guy landing a single attack, even though it was very close to his face. Additionally, his attacks creates an afterimage

Well, I don't remember what happened in the 'Dowan punches' feat. Can you explain why you don't think it's a blitz?

In the 'Dowan's multi-punch' feat, it's very clear that it's a blitz. The other guy began to punch, and at the last moment, Dowan activated his ability, managing to land 8 punches without the other guy landing a single attack, even though it was very close to his face. Additionally, his attacks creates an afterimage
Mh not really, read this, I explained it there and Dmua agreed so

I won't point out the fact he is absurdly beated up and therefore his reaction is nerfed but even if, there is a difference in blitzing a dude with a single punch an blitzing him with more punches, the two feats are literally the same.

I won't point out the fact he is absurdly beated up and therefore his reaction is nerfed but even if, there is a difference in blitzing a dude with a single punch an blitzing him with more punches, the two feats are literally the same.
I don't know man. The main point of his ability is to perform multi-punch and its based on game ability that he used to play where the character perform multiple puch at the same time, and as you can see here he defeat 3 guys with a single attack without even moving from his spot. So there's no way what you said is true

I don't know man. The main point of his ability is to perform multi-punch and its based on game ability that he used to play where the character perform multiple puch at the same time, and as you can see here he defeat 3 guys with a single attack without even moving from his spot. So there's no way what you said is true
There's no way he could defeat three guys with just one punch, and if it were a single punch, they should have reacted and dodged, but they were all defeated at the same time

... Excuse me?

"They're first on the same level, then when a guy amplifies his speed he becomes much faster. The speed gap the amplification makes in the calc contradicts the fight"

How did we get here?
If you're taking this entirety literally, it's just performing multiple attacks simultaneously and wouldn't require a speed. If you aren't, consecutively punching someone only really needs a single blow to disorient them before the rest can come in, so only that first attack really needs to reach in .029 seconds

... Excuse me?

"They're first on the same level, then when a guy amplifies his speed he becomes much faster. The speed gap the amplification makes in the calc contradicts the fight"

How did we get here?
I'm saying that the dude could keep up with the speed even after the speed boost as far as I see, if he only used the speed boost only for that specific moment I guess the calc it's fine but as far as I can tell he matched that speed too.

I'm saying that the dude could keep up with the speed even after the speed boost as far as I see, if he only used the speed boost only for that specific moment I guess the calc it's fine but as far as I can tell he matched that speed too.
he blitz the mc while boosters was deactivated

aren't the blue lighting indicating that boost? He has it only during/after that jump and while the dude could reach him.

... Excuse me?

How did we get here?

If you're taking this entirety literally, it's just performing multiple attacks simultaneously and wouldn't require a speed. If you aren't, consecutively punching someone only really needs a single blow to disorient them before the rest can come in, so only that first attack really needs to reach in .029 seconds
How it doesn’t require speed , he hit 3 dude at the same time and they also fall at the same + each of them got multiple hit on the face u can see the marks on there faces

aren't the blue lighting indicating that boost? He has it only during/after that jump and while the dude could reach him.
Actually, I think I'm wrong about this one. I believe all of them are part of Falcon Drop, so it's not boosters; he just jumped, and the other guy didn't really blitz him. He simply dodged it while Dowan was trying to land

Actually, I think I'm wrong about this one. I believe all of them are part of Falcon Drop, so it's not boosters; he just jumped, and the other guy didn't really blitz him. He simply dodged it while Dowan was trying to land
So there is not boost in speed?

There is no debate for the boosters calc. Dowan blitzed and dodged the sword guy, deactivated boosters to use falcon drop while mid-air and got blitzed when boosters wasn't active. He got blitzed after boosters was deactivated. The feat is valid.

As for multi-strike, it should be a speed feat. Multi-strike involves throwing several punches in the same time frame dowan would normally throw one punch. That's kinda what the skill is about. Dowan launches a punch, pulls his hand back and launches the next punch like a normal barrage until he reaches the punch limit(8-18? idk it's not very clear) but it all happens within the same timeframe it'd take Dowan to throw a single punch.

Last edited:
How it doesn’t require speed , he hit 3 dude at the same time and they also fall at the same + each of them got multiple hit on the face u can see the marks on there faces
This guy does seem to have straight up magic, what's so weird about just duplicating their attacks if they genuinely hit people simultaneously with this stuff?

Regardless that's not really the main issue, it's just that you don't need to fit every single attack within .029 seconds to hit someone with a punch barrage, as the first one would disorient them enough to let the rest simply follow up effectively. It's not like doing 4 attacks within .1 seconds is exactly slow, it's just within the potential for human reactions; that gets thrown a bit awry when they're being punched in the face repeatedly

You could do it for 3 people being punched this fast if that really happens but the problem here is applying it to like 18 punches at once

This guy does seem to have straight up magic, what's so weird about just duplicating their attacks if they genuinely hit people simultaneously with this stuff?

Regardless that's not really the main issue, it's just that you don't need to fit every single attack within .029 seconds to hit someone with a punch barrage, as the first one would disorient them enough to let the rest simply follow up effectively. It's not like doing 4 attacks within .1 seconds is exactly slow, it's just within the potential for human reactions; that gets thrown a bit awry when they're being punched in the face repeatedly

You could do it for 3 people being punched this fast if that really happens but the problem here is applying it to like 18 punches at once
I don't know about the 18 punches feat, but can I apply the same method to the feat where he hit three dudes? I think it has 10 punches, so either I use half of it or all 10

There is no debate for the boosters calc. Dowan blitzed and dodged the sword guy, deactivated boosters to use falcon drop while mid-air and got blitzed when boosters wasn't active. He got blitzed after boosters was deactivated. The feat is valid.
Nvm, just re-read the chapter and Dowan didn't use boosters, he just dodged the attack with falcon drop.
But Dowan still dodged the attack regardless so the feat should still be valid.

The whole calc was up only because he was supposed to have that boost, if now you tell me he doesn't have it then it's a problem, it outright contradicts the rule I pointed out in the OP.

The whole calc was up only because he was supposed to have that boost, if now you tell me he doesn't have it then it's a problem, it outright contradicts the rule I pointed out in the OP.
So can u tell me whats the difference between the calc i made and this or this

Well, the calc you made implies there is a big gap in speed between Dowan and the other dude when if you look at the fight they are relative in the whole fight, the first calc you pointed out about lookism is Zack being able to blitz a dude, it's valid? Yes, the dude is not relative to Zack, Zack was able to dodge each punch and after he blitzed and oneshotted him, the only difference is that your one is contradicted by the narrative of the fight while this one only supports it, I can't tell if the same apply for the other calc since I haven't read that, you can read the rule I linked in the OP if you are unsure about what I'm talking about.

I need thread mode and admin votes, regardless, the verse won't have any calc for the speed, what rating do you suggest to use?

EDIT: I noticed Viott added another calc, has it been accepted in a CRT? Anyway he should have wait for the staff to see this

I need thread mode and admin votes, regardless, the verse won't have any calc for the speed, what rating do you suggest to use?

EDIT: I noticed Viott added another calc, has it been accepted in a CRT? Anyway he should have wait for the staff to see this
we only got one speed feat that got accepted yesterday by using boosters

and now we are looking for another feat to be calc

Back