• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Literal pages for forum threads

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This is only relevant if it's possible on a wiki.

With my incredibly slow computer, I was wondering if this was possible to reduce loading time. Like, have threads take up 50-100 comments and then going onto a page two, or something. I think the other battle board websites have something for that.

I know the feeling, when it gets to about 300 comments, it freezes my computer which is a little annoying.

I would personally have the thread cap at 300, and then have the thread changed, at least on important threads like the RVT and other management threads.

Others, like on the fun and games board are less important, so they should be fine to go to the maximum.

It would be useful to skip to a different page for every new 100 posts, but I do not know how to apply such a feature.

You can ask in the forums over at Community Central, and then tell us the results here, if you wish.

This is not possible. Unfortunately that is one of the very reasons Fandom is retiring the Forums Board in favor of the Discussions Module (that no one likes). We decided to keep Forums, so we have to deal with it. It's the harsh reality.

Well, I have been told that we will also be forced to use the discussions module, once it has all of the functions of the old forums developed.

Regrettably, yes. I would personally have preferred if they had simply fixed the various bugs in the old forum system.

How is the development of the discussions module progressing? Has any of the members personall tested all the functions of the module and stuff?

Back