• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Oh god what did I just do? Before you kill me with stuff like this, Link does have a good amount of hax on his shoulder. Time-Stop, Time Travel, Soul Screwing, Sealing, Long-Lasting Invulnerability, Transmutation, etc. Speed will be equalized. Link will get 1 hour of prep. C'mon. It's Yukari. Cut him some slack.

BoTW Link
The master of dungeons

YukariP
The master of boundaries.

Considering how I know how this'll go, I'll argue for Link as a Ganon's advocate. And fully in character.

Link: Magic, Weapon Mastery, Expert of Martial Arts and Wrestling, as well as a wide variety of miscellaneous skills, Immense willpower, Regenerationn (Mid-Low normally, Low-Mid with items), Enhanced Senses, Energy, Fire, Lightning, Ice, Sand, Earth, Wind, Weather, Water, Magnetism, Light/Holy, Time, Soul, and Sound Manipulation, Forcefield Generation, Transmutation, Possession of animals and constructs, Time Stop, Can soothe the hearts/souls of others via the Song of Healing, Teleportation, Creation of blocks and other objects, Healing, Auto-Resurrection upon death as well as the ability to resurrect others, Can see and attack invisible/intangible beings, Self-Duplication, Has several methods of attaining long-lasting Temporary Invincibility, Limited Time Travel, Able to reflect magical/energy-based attacks, Can increase his stats/gain new powers using various pieces of equipment/sets of armor/outfits, Various transformations, Holds all three pieces of the Triforce (And thus possesses all of its powers)

Yukari: Boundary Manipulation, Magic, Flight, Teleportation, Onmyoudou (can be used for Divinatio), Barrier Creation, Regenerationn (Low-Mid to Mid), Danmaku, Mind Manipulation (Can replace somebody's mind, but this is likely not useful for combat purposes), Longevity, Illusion Resistance, Intangibility, Can summon her Shikigami to aid her in battle

Though at a glance, one can agrue that link handly takes this.....but thats not the case. Yukari has the hax to contend with link, but that's not going be enough to put him down for good due to his Auto-Resurrection Limted Time Travel and Time Stop. Not to mention that his Transmutation and Soul Manipulation has a very high chance of overcoming yukari's regen and intagibilty

Link: 8/10

Isnt his auto ressurection basically something like him turning into a new incarnation when he dies? And just saying time travel and time stop isnt exactly gonna be helpful against someone who can also time travel and mix day and night together (and cough stop the time of the moon somehow in Imperishable Night and having no trouble with Sakuya and knowing the mirror world). Transmutation is a bitch but then again if theyre projectile based theyre not gonna be helpful. And Im gonna start arguing for a revision soon on Yulari's page regarding spiritual attacks to finally vease the wank.

Btw Cal are you salty enough to use Composite on Yukari? : P Or are you using a speicfic version? Just checking.

And to what extent can Link telepor?

Bob/Cob is still abstaining.

Possession is the same case as spiritual attacks. Probably wont even get through her barrier. Elemental attacks can be reflected or dodged or hidden from. Soothing song is strange and cool but not entirely effective. Temp invincibility? Just go intangible or hide in the gaps or fly up.

Also to what extent can link Teleport? Alongside his auto ressurection.

Honestly to me I see it as a tie (or at lrast nowadays I always argue for a tie more often). Ties are more fun anyway.

Also Bob is on mobile so pardon the typoz.

Isn't her time travel speculation? Even if not, it's not helping against time stop. Ganon himself mixes the day and night by making it always night. Also, you're wrong on the auto-res thing, bro. He has items and fairies for that. Link's invincibility is for a matter of days, and Link can easily hit intangibles.

I am salty enough to use composite Yukari and I did say I'll be arguing for my tunic'd bro.

Nadah. Even you agreed to it and its pretty backed up by Maribel's feats and the spiritng away ignoring the restrictions of time. Theres still the issue of the moon which I will settle in a new thread and when you can mesh day and night together thats something meager. Gotcha gotcha. Then what are their limitations? Where and what do they do? Just curious since checking both wikis dont help explain. Ohh thats great. Yukari can still stay airborne or away for any matter

Composite Yukari!? Cal are you insane!? D : That means youre including every version!!

Gotcha. And I'll be arguing for a tie then

I did? I said in the 682 thread that my memory is s***, so you gotta remind me... The auto-red is Link dies, and fairy or Melpha's Grace brings him back to life. Kinda all there is to explain about that... Link has things to help resemble flight. Like air currents that send him past the cloud layer, and if that fails, sun-shooting arrows. I got no defense for gap hiding though.

I should quit while I'm ahead and argue for tie too.

• nods nods* Silly Cal. Check out the BM content revision page (that everyone forgot about) and you'll see your comment asking about it.
Ooooh. So isnt that kinda outside help? That does complicate things though.

• nods nods* fair. And literal suns? Dayum.
Yukari would be proud of you. Alright spamming NsFW images to your wall once I get back if you do that

He keeps them in bottles. So not really. And he didn't shoot down the sun, but he short past the horizon to get fire arrows.

Cal what is this why are you subjecting poor link to this? Composite Link is At least 4-C Yukari is At least High 6-A and are you letting her summon? because Ran is also At least High 6-A

this is a strong case of missmatch

shooting stuff at yukari is basicly point a gun at your own head and pulling the trigger seeing as yukari can gap away powerful projectiles as extreme as master spark that are know to turn mountains to dust.

and then send it back at them.

unless its a FTL projectile then its very unlikely to hit her.

also conventional weapons like swords bows guns etc don't do much to touhouverse youkai

from perfect memoto in the stricts sense

"Youkai have stronger bodies than humans, so even if they're split into five parts, they heal right away."

also reserection won't help you if yukari uses her boundery manupluation to reject links existance.

from perfect memoto in the stricts sense

"It essentially creates a new existence, or conversely rejects some existence."

also she could also just make a gap and take all links items away from him if she wanted to.

theres a reason shes listed at 6-A

hence why this is a missmatch.

I'm not sure you know how tiers work, man. Or NLFs for that matter. I can't blame you though. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say this. It's Yukari.

ah i see i got the A and C thing mixed its the numbers at the side :|

but this just makes me have more questions especialy with why yukari is on tier 6 at all considering what shes done in official maiterial

I'm creating a Boundary Manipulation revision page after having already created one. I'm also planning a sort of power specifying for all Touhou characters. And when I mean plan I mean toss in a black hole and leisurely pick it up when I feel like it.

In the meantime she's staying on that spot. New game might have some buffs.

I think people saying boundary manipulation can do this, that, and the othe are like those who say someone with any water manipulation can freely manipulate one's blood. I look forward to COB's blog since he's shown the good sense to bring up her actual feats instead of just unexplored possibilities as far as this is concerned. I am interested by Touhou, but I have access to only the PC-98 games, so this should be neat to read!

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
I think people saying boundary manipulation can do this, that, and the othe are like those who say someone with any water manipulation can freely manipulate one's blood. I look forward to COB's blog since he's shown the good sense to bring up her actual feats instead of just unexplored possibilities as far as this is concerned. I am interested by Touhou, but I have access to only the PC-98 games, so this should be neat to read!
Perfect Memento in Strict Sense,Symposium of Post-mysticism, The Grimoire of Marisa, Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Eastern and Little Nature Deity, Silent Sinner in Blue,Cage in Lunatic Runagate, Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, Strange and Bright Nature Deity, Oriental Sacred Place, Wild and Horned Hermit,Forbidden Scrollery, Visionary Fairies in Shrine, Strange Creators of Outer World,

are all offical literature and maga you can read.

same with the Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red's has offical Bunbunmaru Newspaper Articles and Interviews Memoranda of Feature Articles Guide to Notable Locales in Gensokyo.

but it does have some unoffcial content with the comics near the end only the first comic at the start is canon.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I'm creating a Boundary Manipulation revision page after having already created one. I'm also planning a sort of power specifying for all Touhou characters. And when I mean plan I mean toss in a black hole and leisurely pick it up when I feel like it.
In the meantime she's staying on that spot. New game might have some buffs.
dont forget the Official literature also has things regarding there powers

Firstly, thank you Follow Doctor Freeman. But there is an outdated blog out there. Here you can check it out. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/557243 It's a bit old and no activity though but I'll just have to redo a neater and more organized version alongside any new changes or old changes.

Secondly, which one are you referring to? I don't recall something being canon and non-canon at the same time.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Firstly, thank you Follow Doctor Freeman. But there is an outdated blog out there. Here you can check it out. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/557243 It's a bit old and no activity though but I'll just have to redo a neater and more organized version alongside any new changes or old changes.
Secondly, which one are you referring to? I don't recall something being canon and non-canon at the same time.
Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red's has mostly canon content but some fan made comics at the end the rest i listed is canon content

This entire time we thought Cal hated Yukari. In truth he was just so tsundere for her that even he truly believes Yukari is Tier 2. Such a happy thought.

Also imma say the same thing on the Tier 2 stomp with Lavos : p

Aw, naw, let's not hate too much on Yukari. She's a special case of a character who has a whole ton of feats outside combat that show how deadly she could be in combat. She's not particularly OP, but rather just very, very unique in her skillset.

@Hazerddex

Oh, neat! Thank you, I'll check that out in the future! I'd love to be more familiar with Touhou, and that will greatly help me do so.

Right now I'm actually working on an explanation blog for Lavos; Yukari's not the only character who badly needs one. Sure, Cal's brought up about everything relevant in various threads, but it'll be good to have it all in one place. Also, screenshots will be handy. Since this thread is getting a bit derailed anyway, just lemme say that I welcome any questions about Lavos on my wall; that way, I'll know to address it in the blog.

There's a good reason why she's hated tbf. Spammed and wanked, but hoping to prevent anymore of that with the revision thread.

And yeah the books and side franchises are good sources.

And that's awesome and kind of you. I was going to get the emulator and play it myself (look at that, another game to play) since I was planning to work on Live-a-Live profiles but alright, let's avoid derailing any further.

Anyway uh we were discussing how much Cal lovs Yukari right and how he wants to bump her into Tier 2 or Tier 3? :33

@COB

Live-A-Live fan? Emulator fan? Potential Chrono series fan? We're well on our way to becoming buds. How 'bout we chat on my wall for a bit? I can help recommend you to which version of Chrono Trigger to play and such.

EDIT: Also, you downplayer. Yukari manipulates the boundary between tiers.

Back