• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs The Warpriest

Status
Not open for further replies.
@triforce

Well, here it just makes him totally invincible. He can also use it to kill. It is also the basis for his power copying.

That possibly others was more just to cover myself if I forgot to add an ability to that list that Guardians have though.

Wokistan said:
Osiris is like, the strongest guardian though except maybe the PC, and that page is kinda outdated.
Oh... sorry, I was just looking for a guardian to show what kind of powers they can pocess.

Actually, timestop is a pretty recurrent ability, appearing in Zelda I, PH and BOTW. First, he just touches a button and everyone is timestopped for "unlimited" time, PH is the only hax different from sealing that he actually used in a final boss fight (obligatory), and you already know about the last one.

@Psycho Just disregard the second key of Osiris since that stuff is more specific to him, and you've got what Warlocks can do, though I need to get back to updating him.

@Triforce Forgot about Phantom Hourglass, but how did it work in Zelda 1?

Fi also generally tells Link his best strategy, also calculating the possibility of that strategy working, as she's basically a robot, or a spirit robot or something. I'm not exactly sure how to describe Fi. Assuming she can "feel" the invincibility barrier (the law manip), Link's absolutely going to use it before the battle draws too long.

Sword Logic was absolutely incomprehensible to a race with better feats though. Obviously Link's going to notice that he can't seem to do any damage, but I don't think he's gonna time stop super early, or at least not any earlier than Warpriest using something with no travel time upon all his projectiles being reflected.

Actually, how big's the mirror shield?

Wokistan said:
@Psycho Just disregard the second key of Osiris since that stuff is more specific to him, and you've got what Warlocks can do, though I need to get back to updating him.

Alright.

Wokistan said:
He has a watch, he "touches"/activates it, everyone/everything is timestopped in the specific "area" Link is (obvious game mechanic due to the separation of the Zelda map. It was still 1986) until Link goes away, AKA it lasts as much as he wants.

Updated the vote count I think in a correct way.

While obviously its not bound to just a box in the area, I don't think that saying its got some form of range limitation itself is only due to game mechanics. Starting distance means it should probably be ok, but just in the future.

there's also something else regarding Sword Logic, which is killing logic, which basically means that you are stronger than what you kill, while sword logic makes you stronger with what you kill.

Wokistan said:
Sword Logic was absolutely incomprehensible to a race with better feats though. Obviously Link's going to notice that he can't seem to do any damage, but I don't think he's gonna time stop super early, or at least not any earlier than Warpriest using something with no travel time upon all his projectiles being reflected.

Actually, how big's the mirror shield?
He can still analyze everything that's not the SL, right?

Timestopping is undoubtably is best bet, and Fi, being the computer analyzer of the situation she is, is going to tell Link that. Also, his annoying companion, his alarm, his sword, his shadow and his cap may also tell that to Link ovo

Link resist time paradoxes so time travel is useless (unless I misunderstood what you said).

Big enough to completely cover Link on a side. He also has omnidirectional reflection via Daruk's protection and probably reflect spell from Zelda II

CNBA3 said:
there's also something else regarding Sword Logic, which is killing logic, which basically means that you are stronger than what you kill, while sword logic makes you stronger with what you kill.
Yeah that's where the RPI comes from, though it can also copy powers which Warpriest has shown to be able to do. Not Oryx level copying, but it should still be pretty good.

Votes fixed.

I've just realized that if the Triforce had Law manip, "Link throws his Master Sword" would have actually been a valid vote lol

@Triforce

But that's the one weapon you can't throw

@CNBA

Reactive Power Level, mean L and not I. RPI's a college lol

but Sword Logic is more like Death/Killing Empowerment, where as Killing Logic is more like some sort of Stats Enforcement i guess.

The killing logic is probably just a slightly different term for the same thing.

here is the quote from the Book of Sorrow XXVI: star by star by star, "Then kill me," says Xivu Arath, "and use that killing logic, the power you prove by killing something as mighty as me." it is a way of proving that you are strong enough to kill something that strong. Similar example is getting a drivers liscense, by law it proves you are eligable to drive.

Yeah she's definitely talking about Sword Logic there. Hive Gods can prove their superiority objectively by killing, and if they are to permanently die then they deserved to be vanquished by their objectively superior opponent. In this case, by law is reality warping and law manipulation, as the Sword Logic they are able to etch in as a law of the universe.

Oh, ok, so that is also an application to Sword Logic as well as becoming stronger/gaining the powers of the kill as well right?

and that also makes me think, with the mindbender, since he used Sword Logic with Cayde's death, that shows you don't have to kill the person nor be physically involved, you just have to be an accomplice of sorts, to be part of the murdering of the person.

that says more about the Barons as well in strength

CNBA3 said:
Oh, ok, so that is also an application to Sword Logic as well as becoming stronger/gaining the powers of the kill as well right?
and that also makes me think, with the mindbender, since he used Sword Logic with Cayde's death, that shows you don't have to kill the person nor be physically involved, you just have to be an accomplice of sorts, to be part of the murdering of the person.
I wondered about that as well.

The Sword Logic lets you do a lot of things.

Honestly I have no idea what happened with Hiraks, but due to basically brute forcing his way into ascendance I wouldn't be surprised if he uses sword logic a little differently, as it can be modified. Oryx made it so all his kids and army's kills would eventually go to him in some way, Savathun made a perpetual motion machine of death and is trying to make it so that she gets stronger if something tries to think about anything related to her, etc.

@Woki, another interesting thing looking back into Oryx's lore is that it seems that everytime he dies, he comes back with somesort of immunity or resistance, like could not be tricked after being murdered by Savathun, can survive exploding worlds, after his death at the hands of Xivu Arath.

That's where he gets his Reactive Evolution, though I don't think being unable to be tricked is so much a thing as he was ready for his sister's antics the nex ttime.

Anyone who is undecided feel like voting?

Not sure, I mean, it seems to be the case based on how the sword logic shenanigans works as reality warping, like how Oryx managed to kill in different cases with trickery, even against one of his sisters who should have been aware of Savathun's tricks. though this could be me overthinking it.

So the thing is:

Warpriest has Law hax which makes every conventional way of defeating him moot. He mainly uses it defensively, but he can also use it offensively. He can also use Oculus. Everything else gets blocked by Link.

Link has time stop and transmutation, two of his most common haxes, that he can use to try to bypass Warpriest's law manip, under Fi's suggestion, though it'd be incomplete due to not being capable of analyzing the SL. Probably not the transmutation, but it's a possibility. If he gets killed once he resurrects, and Link is far from extraneous of fighting guys who have AP advantage. Master Sword negates his regen.

@Wok Corrections? Obviously there are, this can't be that simple

That sounds about right to me. Some of Warpriest's Taken projectiles may also be able to kill, but mirror shield helps with that. Occulus Link definitely isn't living through, but he's not right next to it in this scenario so it's a matter of whether or not he takes that out before Link can kill.

If I were voting, I'd personally go incon with maybe a slight edge to WP due to being able to possibly kill with some regular attacks and range, but I can't vote on my own thread and Link's obviously got options here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back