• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs The Warpriest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The warpiest Warpriest

Of everyone in the Clergy of Conflict, none are as good at warping as he is

@Cal Any correction about the summary? Link technically has BFR, but he isn't going to use it in time. Actually, could sealing work against him?

BFR probably not since he can freely travel between the ascendant realm and realspace. Sealing idk, since Oryx is the one with the explicit resistance I'm not so sure that I can say that that's due to the common power source and not Oryx being Oryx, though he can reform from an Oversoul.

It's more just the explanation on why he's immune to everything, though due to his status he should be able to do all the Sword Logic stuff that wasn't specifically done by Oryx, Savathun, or Xivu Arath.

Offensively, he can use it to just kill you flat out. No travel time or anything, you didn't meet the Warpriest's standards in death so you die to his law.

Honestly the only one I can think of besides all the sword logic, is that he can withstand attacks from Warlocks which their melee attacks are known to shatter reality

I'll try to find a video of people wiping to "Initiate Rejected".

Yeah Guardians definitely have reality warping abilities.

https://youtu.be/ANuxwzstzvw?t=3074

This team proced it by messing up the raid mechanic, but he also does it if you take a while without making him vulnerable. On hard mode, which I'm pretty sure is canon as Bungie said that D1 raids were designed hard mode first then stuff was taken out for normal, the time he gives you is pretty tight if you're slow at killing ads or don't know what you're doing.

Ehh.

Hard to tell. Their hax are decent and comparable, somewhat. That said, Link does have a notable and surprisingly not very haxy advantage in that he can just get told the best strategy. Which gives a pretty big lead if he actually has the ability to win.

Going with Link FRA for now.

Being told the best strategy probably doesn't work FRA, Sword Logic is weirdly difficult to analyze

I'd think a fair amount of things are hard to understand. Is it established that it cannot be analyzed? Like yeah the Vek couldn't but that could be due to many things.

Vex couldn't do it until Quria, while the Vex can do things like run near perfect simulations of an infinite amount of universes and their possibilities.

Though Link can analyze everything that it's not his sword, right?

And SL, from what I understood, it only lets you get the abilities of what you kill?

unless Link has analytical powers on par with a vex, I don't know, SL has many more applications than just that, killing empowerment, create your own dimensions, surivive death, etc.

No the sword logic isn't literally just the sword. Warpriest didn't even use a sword when you fight him, though obviously he is able to. Sword Logic is his law manip, which is the basis on most of his power.

As Wok says. Sword Logic is just the name kek.

It got the name because the Sword is the ideal conduit to use to express that logic, but it's not bound to their swords specifically.

What a helpful comment

Yeah, everyone else did elaborate. At least say who you agree wirh.

bump

bump

Bump

I probably will give it to Link 5.1 times out of 10. Literally, just being stronger will make the difference in this fight.

Link's resurrection is a pretty good advantage as it lets Link have more time to use timestop assuming he doesn't lead with it. Fi, despite the SL, helps too. If anything, I'm giving it to Link due to this, more than the AP advantage.

WP can negate rez with the stuff we've determined is most likely to actually kill link.

lol @ cal's vote

I mean

Sword Logic is their best hax and it largely functions off of being just stronger.

Vote makes a bit of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back