• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-speed equalized

-high 4C versions 4 both characters

-zero gets all his weapons(same thing goes to link)

-battle takes place on hyrule castle

zero:1

link:3

Zero-mmx45466464

Linkwgwgg

I think Link wins with Void Manipulation and with the Ancient Arrows though I don't know much about Zero so take this with a grain of salt.

After looking at Zero, I think Link out haxes him. Zero doesn't have to completely worry about Time Stop, but Ancient Arrows and Void Manipulation give Zero a lot of trouble.

While everyone is spamming "Ancient Arrows", isn't it conceivable that Zero can dodge them? He's dealt with these kinds of weapons on a regular basis and can just as easily shoot them down with solar bullets.

Anyways, what's stopping Zero from using Absolute Zero ice hax on him? Or dicing him into ribbons with his much greater overall experience?

Reppuzan said:
Anyways, what's stopping Zero from using Absolute Zero ice hax on him? Or dicing him into ribbons with his much greater overall experience?
I think you have Miss read the page zero has resistance to absolute zero

Zero may have the experience advantage but keep in mind link is a smart fighter who is good at finding out his opponents weaknesses once he finds a ability that is effective against zero is going to keep it up until zero is down

@Sparda

Cute, too bad Zero has hundreds of years of combat experience as a swordsman and marksman, resistance to almost all of Link's hax, and can dice him to ribbons or blast him to smithereens from the same distance.

Not voting, but composite Link has several lives worth of experience. I doubt that experience is an issue for him or for Zero.

I don't see any resistance to petrifying or void on zero's page the only hax on zero's page is soul manipulation which link does have resistance too

@Sparda

Zero is vastly superior to Robot Masters who can lower temperatures to absolute zero and can easily tank such ice weapons on top of using them himself.

In addition, he can develop new techniques from watching the abilities of others. Hence he'll come up with his own version of the Ancient Arrow after watching their effects enough times after he dodges them.

If link transmutes or petrified zero he can't copy his techniques link can resurrected if he is killed and he can minimze damage he takes

@Sparda

He has to hit Zero.

Considering the fact that Zero can nullify virtually any projectile by obliterating it with Rekkoha or Tenshouha or simply dodge it with his superior mobility (teleportation, air dashing, clone creation), I can't see that happening any time soon.

Um...Link literally has all of those except for air dashing, which is still countered by several air options. Also has magnetic manipulation to compensate.

Also, why are you assuming that Link can't hit Zero, but Zero can hit Link? And what's stopping Time Travel?

Reppuzan said:
@Sparda
He has to hit Zero.

Considering the fact that Zero can nullify virtually any projectile by obliterating it with Rekkoha or Tenshouha or simply dodge it with his superior mobility (teleportation, air dashing, clone creation), I can't see that happening any time soon.
Zero also has to hit Link and he has also all the movement abilties Zero has except air-dashing (though if items buffs are allowed, Link outspeeds Zero here). And can Zero sense and detect invisible objects? Because Link can turn himself invisible and intangible with the Magic Cape. He can also duplicate himself into 4 with the Four Sword, which beats Sougemnu's duplication.

@Cal howard

Zero at his best can spam the Rekkoha, which obliterates all projectiles in range with a massive barrage of lasers. As far as I can tell, the Ancient Arrow only works if it actually strikes the target, not if it's vaporized first.

In addition, how will Link know to use the Magnesis Rune on Zero? He doesn't look particularly metallic by the Mega Man Zero series (High 4-C form is quite vague). Besides, Zero has already fought in areas where electromagnetic fields are wonky.

Zero also has ridiculously wide-range and far reaching attacks like the aforementioned Rekkoha as well as the Genmurei.

What gives Link resistance to Time Manipulation exactly?

You're right about that, with the Ancient Arrow. Also, Link can counter that with Bombos/Ether/Quake Medallion spam (composite Link has Unlimited magic), and he can also snipe invisibly. Link's invisibility can't be seen through via basic targeting systems.

Disregarding the electromagnetic field part, as you have a point, Link's tactical skills about that well...rivals Megaman characters.

WW Link can move in the frozen Hyrule, and SS Link is unaffected by Timeshift Stones when literally everything else is.

Link has similar range iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Link for reasons above. Time reversal + Ancient Arrows + duplication = victory.

@Cal

Zero is head of the 0th Unit Shinobi Corp, he's used to dealing with invisible enemies that cannot be read on electronic sensors or targeting systems and sparred with them regularly. Hunting down an invisible Link would not be a problem for him.

Zero has equivalents to all of Link's Medallions and then some. He also has the ability to spam his attacks infinitely.

@PaChi

How often does Link use Time Reversal in character?

He's going to have a hell of time trying to hit Zero with one of those arrows considering the fact that Zero can also transmute them into energy crystals.

Zero can also duplicate himself. Try again.

Reppuzan said:
@PaChi
How often does Link use Time Reversal in character?

In Majora's Mask and in Ocarina of Time, he uses it a lot. In Majora's Mask especially considering the time limit with the moon crashing into Termina.

He's going to have a hell of time trying to hit Zero with one of those arrows considering the fact that Zero can also transmute them into energy crystals.

Link can use Stasis to stop him momentarily and the activation of Stasis is very fast. Link also has transmutation that affects the enemy.

Zero can also duplicate himself. Try again.

So can Link with the Four Sword where he splits himself into four with the same equipment. So you can have 4 Fierce Deity Link's that Zero has to take care off while Link can just either Time Reverse or shoot him with an Ancient Arrow to the head while distracted.

1) Does he use it in combat though.

2) Zero is resistant to time stopping and has tanked time stopping weapons before with no ill effects.

3) Four Fierce Deity Links get flash frozen to death since none of them have resistance to Absolute Zero.

i'm not voting for obvious reasons but u guys need to keep in mind than zero by himself can also stop time,and he stops time much more easier than link,link by himself needs 5 or 10 seconds to stop time

@Plasma. Stopwatch (NES Zelda), Stasis Rune (Breath of the Wild) and Phantom Hourglass (obvious), so not really.

@Repp. Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages, and Majora's Mask. Kinda spams it often in that. About the spamming instantly, so can Link. Legitimately, Link has the same mindset as what you say for Mega Man characters. Exploitation extraordinaire. For your absolute zero thing, same can be said about Link's arrows, petrification, sealing, or transmutation. Speaking of which, while one can transmute it into energy crystals, the other can transmute Zero's attacks into slime.

@Cal

The problem is, Time Reversal requires Link to play the Song of Time, meaning that he has to pull out the Ocarina and play the complete song while Zero just sits there and watches. I can't see that happening.

Zero should also resist transmutation abilities, given that Mega Man was able to tank Concrete Man's Concrete Shot, which turned things into concrete and shattered them so that there was no trace of the original target.

Does Stasis Rune work on non evil beings? I explicitly remember that the description for it in game noted that it works on beings of evil or at least the time frozen is longer the more evil you are, as far as living things go.

Why does everyone remember the Ocarina, but not the Harp? ovo. Anyways, I thought Zero gained everything of Bass, not Mega Man. Unless you mean X. Also, you sure it was transmutation and not like, covering them with stone to shatter them, akin to how ice manipulation is done? Though, tbh, I prefer what you said better, as it sounds more legit.

@The real cal howard

There's nothing left of the original target with the Concrete Shot, and Bass is approximately equal to Mega Man in overall specs due to being a rip-off.

@Repp

Time reversal in Majora's mask is mandatory, so a composite version would probably use it if Zero deals too much damage.

@PaChi

Doesn't change the fact that he has to play the Song of Time in order to do it, which Zero won't let him do.

Regardless, Zero is getting upgraded to Solar System level, so this match should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back