• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link (Composite) vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

If his movement speed is underwhelming like a lot of comic book Chars then Link stomps that and his good Arsenal give him victory.

Link.

Hal wins because star level Link is utter bullshit.

Chill, are you trolling? Hal's arsenal is infinitely more versatile than Link's. It's limited solely by his imagination. Not to mention Hal outranges him by far. Even if Link's Master Sword was star level, his arrows obviously aren't, especially since Hal is not evil and therefore there is nothing for the Light Arrows to counter.

Friendly reminder that the rationale for star level Master Sword is "non-canon weapon that is not Master Sword is planet level so the Master Sword must be 50x stronger based on utterly nothing."

Even with speed equalized, he's still "faster" due to time manipulation.

Someone calc'd the Golden Gauntlets based on a blatant outlier of an attack animation that led to the conclusion of said weapon being planet level. Since said weapon was not the Master Sword, which is a much more hyped up weapon, CLEARLY the Master Sword is an entire bloody tier higher. Y'know, kinda like how guns are wall level because they're better than knives. Oh, wait, they're not.

Zelda is the most wanked verse in fiction. Shut up, no, it's not DBZ and it's not Undertale. It's Zelda. By far. Too many NLFs.

WarriorWare said:
Hal wins because star level Link is utter bullshit.

Chill, are you trolling? Hal's arsenal is infinitely more versatile than Link's. It's limited solely by his imagination. Not to mention Hal outranges him by far. Even if Link's Master Sword was star level, his arrows obviously aren't, especially since Hal is not evil and therefore there is nothing for the Light Arrows to counter.

Friendly reminder that the rationale for star level Master Sword is "non-canon weapon that is not Master Sword is planet level so the Master Sword must be 50x stronger based on utterly nothing."

Even with speed equalized, he's still "faster" due to time manipulation.
Link also has time manipulation via ocarina of time.

It's small star level and that's only because large planet level and small star+ are really close as far as I'm aware his master sword and triforce are superior to his gauntlet which is what let him perform the feat.

And yes I'm aware of Hal"s Arsenal it still doesn't matter given how outclassed he is in terms of close combat.Link has better movement speed because I'm certain that he has Athlete movement or something along those lines anyways.

Hal can fly. Besides, the Ocarina provides extremely limited time manipulation. It's utterly impossible to use it to one's advantage in combat. Besides, it's not like Hal's just gonna let him play that thing.

Street level and wall level are pretty close, but that doesn't mean a gun is wall level despite being better than a katana.

Close combat is literally a non-issue because GL can so easily decide the distance between the two, by pushing Link away and staying in the air.

Tbh Link could simply BFR him with the ocarina of time actually.

His feat was calculated at large planet+ it was near small star+ the triforce should be leagues above anything in links Arsenal is why it's rated that high .But honestly I don't care enough to argue about it you may make a thread about it if you want.

His close combat is superior given that Hal"s probably got really low movement speed like many others of comic books.He can't perceive link"s movements nor can he counter them.

Speed is equalized, remember? Hal can easily get out of Link's range by flying futher away than Link can jump.

"Leagues above" still doesn't mean an entire tier higher. It just means at least that level. The Master Sword has absolutely no star level feats of its own. A gun is leagues more powerful than a knife, but it still isn't wall level.

It's like saying that Asgore is island level just because he's wayyyyyy above Tsunderplane, who's city level.

As I stated before it's not an entire tier ...smh...

His feat was calculated at 2.629 tenatons which is large planet level+ and small star is 2.998 Tenatons.

But again you're free to make a thread about it.And Hal wins I guess given that speed is equalized otherwise link would likely win.

Uh, no? The equalizing speed is the only reason why Link would even last two seconds. Did you even check Hal's page?

Besides, do you have any idea how big of a difference .369 tenatons is? That alone is well above planet level.

Combat speed fallacy. If all else fails GL can just get way out of Link's range (say, the other side of the solar system) and kill him from there.

I'm gonna give this to Link by virtue of his ability to absorb/reflect energy with the Mirror Shield (since energy attacks basically compose anything the Green Lantern can do). Doubled because the Green Lantern energy is ostensibly semi-light themed.

Link has plenty of invincibility equipment though, as well as the four sword so he can block from all directions, combine that with the absorption/reflection of the mirror shield and he'd be fine, much more so than Hal. I also give this to Link.

WarriorWare said:
Which would do **** all for Link when GL just surrounds him with green swords. Link only has one Mirror Shield.
Maybe that would be a fair point if the master sword couldn't absorb, reflect and dispel energy as well.

That giant green hand is still made up of energy, isn't it? and Link has higher DC, even with just the golden gauntlets

Ah, thanks for reminding me to remind you all that star level Link is irrational bullshit.

You can't deflect something that's not being fired at you. Link can't swing his sword if he's being grabbed. Just because something is made of energy doesn't mean Link can automatically deflect it. That's absurd. Hal can just attack him from every single side and there's nothing Link can do.

Yes, it is. It's from scaling the Master Sword to a weapon that doesn't even exist in Hyrule Warriors' story, which would be bad enough if the Master Sword was put at the same level with that line of thinking, but no, fanboys insist that the Master Sword is an entire tier higher, which is utterly absurd.

WarriorWare said:
Yes, it is. It's from scaling the Master Sword to a weapon that doesn't even exist in Hyrule Warriors' story, which would be bad enough if the Master Sword was put at the same level with that line of thinking, but no, fanboys insist that the Master Sword is an entire tier higher, which is utterly absurd.
Great, It's this argument again....

It's called full composite and not canon composite for a reason.

Link's planet flip was calced at 2.629 tenatons. Small star level begins at 2.998 Tenatons.

Stop making that claim and calling everyone who disagrees with you a fanboy.

I didn't even mention star level link. Link is at least large planet+ with Golden Gauntlets Hal is at least large planet level, Hal isn't going to crush him, and he has the four sword so attacking from all directions isn't gonna work.

Hyperception 2 said:
WarriorWare said:
Link's planet flip was calced at 2.629 tenatons. Small star level begins at 2.998 Tenatons.

The problem isn't that HW is not canon. The problem is a) The planet flip is an outlier if I've ever seen one, and if we're using outliers, Hal has punched out Lobo and tanked hits from Superboy Prime, and b) The gauntlets don't even exist in the story. They're not just non-canon, they simply don't exist.

Once again, .369 tenatons is an enormous difference. You can't just pull something like that out of pure conjecture. It's like saying that Wario is universal because he's portrayed as stronger than Mario, who's galaxy level.

I don't get it tho, if it was incorporated into the page and has not been removed by any admins then shouldn't it be allowed?

If it really is as illogical as you say it is, then why not make a de-upgrade thread?

WarriorWare said:
Hyperception 2 said:
WarriorWare said:

The problem isn't that HW is not canon. The problem is a) The planet flip is an outlier if I've ever seen one, and if we're using outliers, Hal has punched out Lobo and tanked hits from Superboy Prime, and b) The gauntlets don't even exist in the story. They're not just non-canon, they simply don't exist.
Once again, .369 tenatons is an enormous difference. You can't just pull something like that out of pure conjecture. It's like saying that Wario is universal because he's portrayed as stronger than Mario, who's galaxy level.
a) If a stronger charcter struggles to do something similar, Then it's an outlier.

b) Non-canon is non-canon. There are no varying degrees of it.

It was 2.629 tenatons. And it's not like saying that to that at all because the difference in energy is not as big.

WarriorWare said:
They're not just non-canon, they simply don't exist.
...But the golden Gauntlets are part of the core story of Ocarina of Time, implying that Hyrule Warriors version is simply an upgrade of those. Even without them, he takes this match from Energy Absorption/Reflection and invulnerability hax though.

I don't know Hal's stats, but i'm voting for link just because of how WarriorWare is acting in this thread.

Other than the blatant energy maniuplation that Hal has no way around.

Hyperception 2 said:
If he really did that it would have been mentioned in the profile.
In Super Mario Galaxy 1, Mario destroys a device designed to create and destroy galaxies, then immidiately after, tanks the complete annihilation of an entire galaxy and the spiralling recreation of it to the point where it currently was.

Back