• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link (Composite) vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Northern Wind00 said:
Hyperception 2 said:
If he really did that it would have been mentioned in the profile.
In Super Mario Galaxy 1, Mario destroys a device designed to create and destroy galaxies, then immidiately after, tanks the complete annihilation of an entire galaxy and the spiralling recreation of it to the point where it currently was.
And then he struggles aginst a far weaker force in the next games.

Hyperception 2 said:
And then he struggles aginst a far weaker force in the next games.
Mario games have never been chronologically ordered, or for that matter had any solid connectivity between them, barring direct sequels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHYPR2Pb1k

Here's the video of him performing the feats in question. This is completely off topic for the current discussion though.

It seems the Composite Link votes have it, for now.

9:49 is right before the energies of the machine go out of control.

10:41 is when the forming galaxy collapses into a supermassive black hole, from there you can watch the universe be destroyed and the big bang happen. Mario is unphased.

That "galaxy" kinda looks star sized to me.

We dunno if Mario survived or if Rosalina ressurected him. And even if it is the former it is likely an outlier.

Hyperception 2 said:
That "galaxy" kinda looks star sized to me.
We dunno if Mario survived or if Rosalina ressurected him. And even if it is the former it is likely an outlier.
I'm sorry, but top tier feats aren't always outliers, especially considering mario does roughly the equivelant, again, in Mario Galaxy 2. And word of god (I can't source it here, but I'm pretty sure any number of people who have heard this same thing will back me up), states that mario survived into the next galaxy.

Y'all are seriously voting Link because mean ol' WarriorWare doesn't like seeing Zelda characters get wanked. That shouldn't count.

You want a stronger character struggling to do anything similar? Name one star-level feat that Ganondorf has going for him. Name one planet level feat he has going for him without the full Triforce. So he scales to Almighty Composite Link, right? Yet, he incessantly gets destroyed by far weaker incarnations of Link. This is absurd.

WarriorWare said:
Y'all are seriously voting Link because mean ol' WarriorWare doesn't like seeing Zelda characters get wanked. That shouldn't count.
You want a stronger character struggling to do anything similar? Name one star-level feat that Ganondorf has going for him. Name one planet level feat he has going for him without the full Triforce. So he scales to Almighty Composite Link, right? Yet, he incessantly gets destroyed by far weaker incarnations of Link. This is absurd.
Bear in mind that this is composite link. Hyrule Warriors is part of that, which includes the ability to flip the planet, and therefore wreck small star resistance with the Master Sword, since it can overcome more resistances than the Golden Gauntlets overall. :)

WarriorWare said:
We're voting for Link because "mean ol' WarrioWare" hasn't given any reason why Link wouldn't win, speed is equalized and Link is stronger, he can dispel and reflect energy, he can temporarily become invincible, and he can duplicate himself. If you want us to change our minds tell us how Hal can win, instead of just crying over Link's stats. If you're just gonna do that make a discussion about it somewhere else, but it's been done before, your points have been made before, and they've been put down before.

I've already explained why Link can't win. Hal is only limited by his imagination, and can conjure up dozens of things to kill Link. Link only has one sword, and just because it's made of energy doesn't mean Link will automatically deflect it. It's like saying that Link can just deflect any metal attack because he can deflect swords in canon. Hal rams a truck into him and slices him in half with a giant pair of scizzors. Boom. No more Link.

Once again, no implication that the Master Sword is .369 tenatons stronger than the Gauntlets, especially since Link is surprised at his own strength when using them despite owning the Master Sword.

Once again Link is stronger regardless, he's high end large planet + while Hal is just large planet level. He can just catch Hal's truck and block his scissors. Hal may be only limited to his imagination, but he just creates physical objects, and since Link is stronger he's just gonna deflect /block/break anything Hal throws at him. Link also has self duplication, barriers, z targeting and temporary invulnerability had, so attacking from multiple sides won't work. He can heal himself with potions, or revive himself with fairies. He has various items that proportionately reduce the damage he takes. He can increase his speed with the rabbit hood or Pegasus boots. He can even enter walls or cross between dimensions as a last resort defense if he needs to. So if Hal has a way to beat all this please tell me.

You can't "block" a giant pair of scizzors with only one shield. That's absolutely absurd. Block one side, the other gets sliced. Try to block both, and the mirror part of the shield doesn't even have a say in it.

OH MY GOSH, NOT THE Z-TARGETTING AGAIN. I'm having bad flashbacks to when I was a Zelda wanker and defended Link vs. Cloud. Hal's aim is just as good as Link's if not better.

Hal can do absolutely everything you listed apart from the healing items with his ring.

You can parry a giant pair of scissors with a sword at the fulcrum, and I'm just bringing up z targeting to say Link can react to multiple things at once, not gonna go any further with it. But anyways, if Hal can do all that his profile should expand on his abilities more, since it doesn't say anything about invincibility, self duplication, or plenty of the other things I listed.

Blahblah9755 said:
You can parry a giant pair of scissors with a sword at the fulcrum, and I'm just bringing up z targeting to say Link can react to multiple things at once, not gonna go any further with it. But anyways, if Hal can do all that his profile should expand on his abilities more, since it doesn't say anything about invincibility, self duplication, or plenty of the other things I listed.
Even if he can do any of the other things he says, the fact of the matter is that it's all based on the power of will, funneled through a light based power to effect. The Master Sword is known for cutting and dispelling energy, and the mirror shield is known for absorbing and reflecting energy.

The shield is also known for deflecting swords, so could Link just block all of Elder God Demonbane's attacks as he is a mech?

Green Lantern isn't stupid, he'd aim where Link isn't guarding, which would be very easy to do.

Link can never reach GL regardless becuase Hal can just camp way up in the sky.

WarriorWare said:
The shield is also known for deflecting swords, so could Link just block all of Elder God Demonbane's attacks as he is a mech?
Green Lantern isn't stupid, he'd aim where Link isn't guarding, which would be very easy to do.

Link can never reach GL regardless becuase Hal can just camp way up in the sky.
Clawshot. Speed Equalized. Deku Leaf for flight. Song of Storms to bring cover. Magical Arrows that cut through magic defense like butter. Ice arrows that can flash-freeze bodies. Roc's Cape for additional height on flight/jump. Stone Mask to be rendered invisible through most living things percieving him as 'as ordinary and not worth their time as a stone', Farore's Wind for teleportation if need be, Giant's Mask to make him as tall as a colossus, scaling the range of his items accordingly, Gust Jar + Deku Leaf + Roc's Cape is infinite functional flight, Cane of Byrna to confuse, fire spell to always have a ranged offensive ability.

In a grapple, Link's strength beats Hal's (Assumedly. Have we ever seen a greater /physical/ strength feat by the green lantern than Link's Golden Gauntlets?), so it's assumed that through hookshot, clawshot, graapling hook or some other means + his equalized speed flight, that he could catch Hal and wrestle him to the ground, especially considering that he has the Cane of Byrna which immidiately flip's a target upside down, completely disorienting their entire perspective.

There's a lot of items I'm not even accounting for here.

If both characters are bloodlusted, what's stopping Hal from flying into space and destroying the planet Link is on?

Untedbear said:
If both characters are bloodlusted, what's stopping Hal from flying into space and destroying the planet Link is on?
Also, for a feat that powerful, it takes time, usually immobilely (at least from the lantern comics I've read), in which he can be shot and killed by various implements.

Speed is equalized so Link wouldn't give him the chance
Can't Hal hold Link in a bubble with his Lantern Ring?

No, link can cut energy like that.

Hal has created bubbles strong enough to protect Batman and the Flash from a super nova. How is Link suppose to cut through that?

Untedbear said:
Speed is equalized so Link wouldn't give him the chance
Can't Hal hold Link in a bubble with his Lantern Ring? No, link can cut energy like that.
Hal has created bubbles strong enough to protect Batman and the Flash from a super nova. How is Link suppose to cut through that?

With his Small Star Durability Smashing Master Sword, An ancient relic known for cutting and destroying/dispelling energy. alternatively he only needs to touch it with his mirror shield to absorb the bubble...

Speed is equalized so Link wouldn't give him the chanceCan't Hal hold Link in a bubble with his Lantern Ring? No, link can cut energy like that.

With his Small Star Durability Smashing Master Sword, An ancient relic known for cutting and destroying/dispelling energy. alternatively he only needs to touch it with his mirror shield to absorb the bubble...

Last I checked, the mirror shield was only able to reflect sunlight and certain magic. Also, the master sword's max attack potency is low end small star level. As I've said before, Hal can create bubble shields that can withstand supernovas. Low end small star AP vs High end Star DB, pretty sure High end Star durability wins.

Oh, thank God, I'm no longer alone here.

The Master Sword isn't even said to be Link's most powerful weapon anywhere. It just hard-counters Ganondorf who just so happens to be Link's #1 priority. Hal is not evil, so the Master Sword does not counter it.

Seriously, there's exactly one planet level feat in the entire series and it's an attack animation for an optional weapo. Star busting Link conflicts with the narrative of the game immensely. It's. An. Outlier.

Go to any website besides this one and try to use this site's logic for star level Link. No one will buy it.

But fine! Let's pretend these stats are legit! Hal has gone toe-to-toe with plenty of characters beyond star level, such as Lobo. He's survived attacks from Superboy Prime, something that Link could never hope to do. Hal is just out of Link's league, and he outgears him too.

One thing for sure, this thread does not belong under Link's Notable Victories, as "Speed Equalized" is an immensely silly condition.

Untedbear said:
Last I checked, the mirror shield was only able to reflect sunlight and certain magic. Also, the master sword's max attack potency is low end small star level. As I've said before, Hal can create bubble shields that can withstand supernovas. Low end small star AP vs High end Star DB, pretty sure High end Star durability wins.
It's still based on a light-based power source. Light, by its very nature, is relflected by the shield in question. Link has a number of dispelling abilities, including his blade's ability to cut energy and his shield's ability to absorb it, but not limited there either. Hal was able to create two bubbles small enough to shield a human sized target like that. If we're going by porportional power of that feat, I have no less than three answers in Link's arsenal. The Giant's Mask makes him porportionally almost as big as a mountain, for one. Good luck making that shield that size.

It's still based on a light-based power source. Light, by its very nature, is relflected by the shield in question. Link has a number of dispelling abilities, including his blade's ability to cut energy and his shield's ability to absorb it, but not limited there either. Hal was able to create two bubbles small enough to shield a human sized target like that. If we're going by porportional power of that feat, I have no less than three answers in Link's arsenal. The Giant's Mask makes him porportionally almost as big as a mountain, for one. Good luck making that shield that size.

The lantern rings use energy from the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. It produces light, but the power itself is not light in the sense that you're talking about. Also, giant link is nowhere near the size of a mountain. He's a bit more than twice the size of the boulders in the Stone Tower Temple boss area. Plus, Hal has already used his ring to grow so big that even the tallest trees in the forest he was in were the size of his foot. Besides, Hal doesn't need to become a giant, he's been able to recreate entire cities with his ring and even smack around an entire moon.

sorry but link has better all around stats and gl flight speed not in battle speed vs all links mashed into one being which makes him small star level including triforce master sword ect sorry i like GL but here he does lose link wouldnt let him get away and would win in those circumstances GL has to escape link to win but link wont let him

BrokenLord said:
sorry but link has better all around stats and gl flight speed not in battle speed vs all links mashed into one being which makes him small star level including triforce master sword ect sorry i like GL but here he does lose link wouldnt let him get away and would win in those circumstances GL has to escape link to win but link wont let him
Wouldn't escaping be considered self BFR and count as a loss?

BrokenLord said:
Speed isn't a factor in this fight due to OP making speed equal. Although, even if that wasn't the case, Hal Jordan has effortlessly caught the Flash right after Flash speed blitzed Hawkman and Superman.

Also, I've already said this before, Hal can construct shields that withstand a super nova. That's far more than what Link put out.

There isn't anything saving Link from matter manipulation, either. Hal is capable of doing so rather easily. Along with also being able to freeze people in place, teleport almost any distance, travel time easily, and being able to manipulate the mind of powerful psychics.

Untedbear said:
Also, I've already said this before, Hal can construct shields that withstand a super nova. That's far more than what Link put out.

There isn't anything saving Link from matter manipulation, either. Hal is capable of doing so rather easily. Along with also being able to freeze people in place, teleport almost any distance, travel time easily, and being able to manipulate the mind of powerful psychics.
Link has tanked, blocked and withstood matter and reality manipulation in Link's Awakening, when the nightmare lord of the Wind Fish's island distorted reality around him by virtue of its supreme control over the realm when the wind fish slept. That is all.

Link has tanked, blocked and withstood matter and reality manipulation in Link's Awakening, when the nightmare lord of the Wind Fish's island distorted reality around him by virtue of its supreme control over the realm when the wind fish slept. That is all.

It was all a dream. Nightmare manipulated the world around him, yes, but never manipulated the very matter of which Link composed of. Saying Link tanked matter and reality manipulation from Nightmare would be like saying that all of Freddy Krueger victims withstood matter and reality manipulation. Even if Link did tank such attacks, there's nothing saying it's equal to Hal Jordan's level of matter manipulation.

Northern Wind00 said:
Untedbear said:

I've got some pretty decent feats from my dreams, too.

WarriorWare said:
I've got some pretty decent feats from my dreams, too.
You guys have a very strange interpretation of Link's Awakening. The Dream of the Wind Fish wasn't Link's dream. It was reality at the time to him. The Wind Fish, according to the Hyrule Historia, the canon source, dreamed a real world, where Link went. This type of thing is not uncommon in the Zelda canon, as various worlds and parallell realities are shown to simultaneously exist in Zelda Canon. However, if you won't accept this example, how about Majora's Realm. In the moon. Where you fight Majora, who has control of space and time there as well. You can tank, deflect and even negate his abilities there. Another good example would be the matter manipulation magic of the Twilight realm, which rearranged Link's particles into a wolf just by the nature of its entire parallel world. The entire Twilight Realm's control over his particles was dispelled by the Master Sword's mere presence in Twilight Princess. Is Hal above universe level matter manipulation? I don't think so.

You guys have a very strange interpretation of Link's Awakening. The Dream of the Wind Fish wasn't Link's dream. It was reality at the time to him. The Wind Fish, according to the Hyrule Historia, the canon source, dreamed a real world, where Link went. This type of thing is not uncommon in the Zelda canon, as various worlds and parallell realities are shown to simultaneously exist in Zelda Canon. However, if you won't accept this example, how about Majora's Realm. In the moon. Where you fight Majora, who has control of space and time there as well. You can tank, deflect and even negate his abilities there. Another good example would be the matter manipulation magic of the Twilight realm, which rearranged Link's particles into a wolf just by the nature of its entire parallel world. The entire Twilight Realm's control over his particles was dispelled by the Master Sword's mere presence in Twilight Princess. Is Hal above universe level matter manipulation? I don't think so.

Are you really telling me that Link can survive Universal level matter manipulation? That's just absurd. The master sword reverts Link from a wolf back to normal because that was a curse put onto him by Zant. The master sword is meant to banish evil and deflect/absorb magic, so it makes sense that it'll dispel the transformation.

However, the green lantern ring is an entirely different energy than what the master sword can dispel. Not to mention that Hal is not evil either.

And can you show me instances in the Majora boss fight where Majora is directly attacking Link with matter, space, and/or time powers? He may be able to manipulate all that within his realm, but that means nothing if he never attacked Link with it.

Back