• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link being a valid Composite or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zark2099 said:
@The real cal Howard

I wanna composite comics Superman and Batman like that next, most everyone online don't use ******* "Post-Crisis" or "Pre-Crisis" or whatever. They're not a different continuity, Post-Flashpoint is as legit to Post-Crisis as Legend of Zelda 1 is to OoT. And I bet it'll be real popular too.

If we're gonna break rules, we're breaking them for everyone. This isn't cherry-picking favourites, people use these exceptions as justifications to push their own BS revisions
Yeah no. False equivalency still, as it VEEY MUCH IS a separate continuity. Or are you unfamiliar with the half a dozen reboots DC has? SA Supes is to PC Supes what OoT Link is to HW Link.

@GoP

Idk, maybe I've been to shittier forums, but no one used "Post-Crisis", they were like "Which better? Batman or Spiderman"

The real cal howard said:
"You want a reason for why composite Link should stay? Rules
Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles

"1) Certain franchises feature several characters that are considered as equally valid "official" versions of the character. These types of profiles can generally be created without any problems.

Ex: The Golden Age, Silver Age, and Post-Crisis versions of Superman, and the different incarnations of Link from The Legend of Zelda.""

This too.

Y'all tryna stress the whole "rules are rules" idea, ignoring the fact that we have it specifically written down that Link is allowed to be composited in those same gd rules.
How does that have anything to do with this?

The non-canon doesn't refer to a popular fanon caracter. There is fanfiction with a stroy with less plotholes than the original, and with tens of millions of following people. That would still not be allowed to get a profile.

The rule refers to non-canon, but official characters, like Menma Uzumaki or dlc Akuma for Asura's Wrath.

And let's not act like you can't make a fight with a composite Link. All it takes is writing on the thread that "composite link". You can't add it to a profile, but you can still argue it.

I honestly think it would be better to just break Link into profiles for the 3 official timelines that explicity exists and delete all other profiles, including composite, and say they're technically the same character because of sharing the Spirit of the Hero, but since they all are from different TIMELINES, they have different powers, abilities and stats.

Zark2099 said:
@GoP
Idk, maybe I've been to shittier forums, but no one used "Post-Crisis", they were like "Which better? Batman or Spiderman"
Legitimately everytime I've seen Superman, Batman, or Spider-Man use, a version is always referenced.

Post-Crisis

Pre-Crisis

New 52

Rebirth

Earth 616

Cosmic

etc.

My first comment said this. Making different profiles was a suggestion to keep it from being full of stuff, but can be ignored.

What is being argued against is a key with all abilities at once. Seperating them into keys or profiles, that doesn't matter.

GiverOfThePeace said:
I've already pointed this out.

>Tabbers.

>I can show you other characters that "don't fight" that still have pages, it represents all Link's.
>How does tabbers solve the issue of "he'll use everything at once either way when it comes to threads"

>That's taking it out of context. What you're doing is like saying imma take Goku, separate him from his soul, and have Goku fight people in spirit form like that cus yeah, we can do that. Non combattants and literally taking the soul of a person outside of their body and have that soul fight people are not the same. False Equivalency.

So you all Want to follow rules but clearly are ignoring a rules to suit your needs? Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles

"1) Certain franchises feature several characters that are considered as equally valid "official" versions of the character. These types of profiles can generally be created without any problems.

Ex: The Golden Age, Silver Age, and Post-Crisis versions of Superman, and the different incarnations of Link from The Legend of Zelda.""

Yall gonna keep circle jerking and ignore this for how long?

For years absolutely no one had a problem with composite Link and it is clearly listed in the example in the God damn rules as something good and allowed to be on this site.

Now because of that a bunch of profiles will get nuked for absolutely no reasons at all.

Zark2099 said:
@GoP
Almost any "major" debating comunity I see has rules for "specify versions of character if needed", among other stuff.

Anyways, vsbattles rules might be too strict, but until they get changed we don't break them.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
My first comment said this. Making different profiles was a suggestion to keep it from being full of stuff, but can be ignored.
What is being argued against is a key with all abilities at once. Seperating them into keys or profiles, that doesn't matter.
Then my proposal should have no problems since what's being suggested isn't a key with all abilities at once.

How does that contradict it? The rule says that each equally canon character may get a profile of it's own. And shocking it may be, a content revision thread... can change content on the wiki. How long it's been fine doesn't matter.

Almost any "major" debating comunity I see has rules for "specify versions of character if needed", among other stuff.

Anyways, vsbattles rules might be too strict, but until they get changed we don't break them.

If we aren't breaking them than I guess composite Link can stay, case closed.

@Ashen:

That is just saying that those versions are valid and that they can have profiles, no? Not that a composite of them is allowed, a composite Superman certainly isn't.

Firephoenixearl said:
>How does tabbers solve the issue of "he'll use everything at once either way when it comes to threads"

>That's taking it out of context. What you're doing is like saying imma take Goku, separate him from his soul, and have Goku fight people in spirit form like that cus yeah, we can do that. Non combattants and literally taking the soul of a person outside of their body and have that soul fight people are not the same. False Equivalency.
Because that's a vs thread, if you have a problem with vs threads that sounds like you don't want him beating characters you like (not saying you are), since index wise he isn't using everything in his indexing profile.

Irony how you say false equivalence when you used a huge false equivalence here. It's not taking it out of context objectively. The difference here is that Goku being seperated from his soul isn't a concept in the verse that will be infinitely reincarnated to have different incarnations all representing the same character, Spirit of the hero is. Trying to use "take the soul out" and thinking that's the Spirit of the Hero shows ignorance to the character in question and the objective false equivalency comes from you.

AshenCrow777 said:
If we aren't breaking them than I guess composite Link can stay, case closed.
The fact that the very rule you quoted list three versions of Superman we don't composite might give you an idea that you can't use that...

GiverOfThePeace said:
Because that's a vs thread, if you have a problem with vs threads that sounds like you don't want him beating characters you like (not saying you are), since index wise he isn't using everything in his indexing profile.
Am I misunderstanding something?

Different keys are done to seperate their abilities. One character can't just use abilities from other keys "because that's a vs thread". Naruto ain't taking out a truth seeking orb at sage mode.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Am I misunderstanding something?
Different keys are done to seperate their abilities. One character can't just use abilities from other keys "because that's a vs thread". Naruto ain't taking out a truth seeking orb at sage mode.
You are.

Sora's profile quite literally doesn't use all of his abilities at once because storywise he doesn't, but in vs threads he's allowed to be composited to use all his abilities. iirc Samus has something similar too. Truth Seeking orb at sage mode wouldn't be done because one is a prior key from the other.

We're currently rewriting the rules to be more strict, and many composite profiles are liable to go, we don't base the wiki's stance on what other wikis do, thats simply not how this site functions. You moaning about how other sites do things doesn't matter.

The hell are you talking about I have never mentioned any other sites don't go around putting words in other people's mouth.

GiverOfThePeace said:

Irony how you say false equivalence when you used a huge false equivalence here. It's not taking it out of context objectively. The difference here is that Goku being seperated from his soul isn't a concept in the verse that will be infinitely reincarnated to have different incarnations all representing the same character, Spirit of the hero is. Trying to use "take the soul out" and thinking that's the Spirit of the Hero shows ignorance to the character in question and the objective false equivalency comes from you.
You're pushing the blame on people who call out on the missuse of the profile. The profile IS treated as a composite currently with all abilities at once. If we're to keep the profile but divide it in parts it stops being a composite and it just becomes a single page with all different links, rather than "all links being one".

It having reincarnation elements doesn't suddenly turn it from "it has never fought before" to "it can now fight everyone even though it has never done so before and just reincarnates after some time". But then again you're proposing that he stops being a composite and just want everything to be in a single page. I have no problems with that.

GiverOfThePeace said:
You are.

Sora's profile quite literally doesn't use all of his abilities at once because storywise he doesn't, but in vs threads he's allowed to be composited to use all his abilities. iirc Samus has something similar too. Truth Seeking orb at sage mode wouldn't be done because one is a prior key from the other.
Then I am not misunderstanding you, no.

Sora's profile up and says he doesn't have all abilities at once, and a thread with him in it can't ignore that. It's like the profile saying that a character can't be used in vsbattles and you just ingoring it: notes are there to be noted.

Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right, and it's been pointed out that Samus specifically can't do that.

>The Links are not the exact same person.

I mean, this is true. We can see OoT/MM Link interacting with TP Link despite the former being just a soul.

Oh yeah, Hero's Shade is a deceased OoT/MM Link. Similar to Aang interacting with the spirits of Roku and Korra interacting with the spirit of Aang.

It is true some of the different Zeldas may need different keys or profiles. Though, only the versions that actually have feats would really need keys as we don't need profiles or keys for every "Helpless damsel" incarnation of Zelda. And Ganondorf's is also fine as mentioned above since he's just one guy with multiple forms.

The real cal howard said:
"You want a reason for why composite Link should stay? Rules

Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles

Goddamn Cal, nice try to take the line out of context. That line is actually against compositing Link if anything, since it states that "the different incarnations of Link" are the official, valid Link that we consider

Even without the whole "different incarnations of Link", nothing stated there would have helped justify Composite Link.

I came to this wiki to discuss vs matches about my favorite characters but as time went on i am soon realizing this wiki is going to complete hell with its revisions link had a good thing going on and interesting match ups to. but now its ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back