• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lingering Will vs Thor (Marvel Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Let's try this again....

So the last Keyblade wielder takes on Marvel's God of Thunder

Battle Details:

-Terra is the Lingering Will in this match, and Thor is in Base.

-Speed's equalized (mmhmm. -_-; )

-Battle takes place in the Keyblade graveyard...kind of like my old, old Goku vs Sora match from months ago (don't want to talk about the redux one).

Combatents + Tally:

-Lingering Will: 2

-Thor: 1

-Inconclusive: 0

Who wins and why? Please read the profiles of both combatants before commenting and please also give a valid reason as to why either one would win.

This is... actually really tough.

Thor has his energy redirection hax, anti-magic, and transmutation, but the Lingering Will can seal Thor's abilities and match him in physical combat. In addition, the latter can also use Magnega to mess with Mjolnir.

I'm leaning towards the Lingering Will in a high-difficulty fight due to his greater inclination towards starting fights with his hax.

Reppuzan said:
This is... actually really tough.

Thor has his energy redirection hax, anti-magic, and transmutation, but the Lingering Will can seal Thor's abilities and match him in physical combat. In addition, the latter can also use Magnega to mess with Mjolnir.

I'm leaning towards the Lingering Will in a high-difficulty fight due to his greater inclination towards starting fights with his hax.
Those abilities are Mjolnir based, meaning that Thor by himself dosent have them. His hammer enchantment protects itself from anything trying to manipulate it, this is how Magneto failed to manipulate it

Huh, I was unaware of that. I mentioned the Magnega thing because of this old comic. I guess my views are outdated.

I would like to mention that the Lingering Will's seal is extremely hard to break out of and will instantly kill the target should they struggle incorrectly.

^Well, it's almost if not in likely his seal won't work because it was stated by Odin "Only All Father level beings can manipulate and change mjolnir" meaning if your not on the level of Odin or Zeus or greater your not manipulating or harming Mjolnir at all

Thor is not immune to having his life force sucked out and being completely and utterly restrained from accessing any of his powers, even those tied to his weapons. Said seal won't even allow him to lift his weapon to attack, much less fight.

Can Thor fight without Mjolnir in hand?

The Lingering Will's seal prevents the affected target from using their basic attacks, flight, shields e.t.c.

Reppuzan said:
Can Thor fight without Mjolnir in hand?
Unworthy Thor proves that and some of his strength feats don't involve his hammer like lifting the Midgard Serpent. Plus, he can summon lightning bolts from his bare hands if he wants to.

Lingering Will's seal takes out magical powers too. Attempting to forcefully use them without figuring out the nature of the seal will instantly kill the target.

From what I know about the battle though, he can't seal everything away. It's either physical attacks or magic and items. And the final move with the "Break Free" command makes little sense in matchups like these.

Back to here again...

Hmm. Natse does have a point about using a "break free" command to just get out of the seal from the Keyblade Bow one. Seems a bit like a gameplay mechanic cause it's weird to think on "how" they would break free from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back