• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning vs Ki - Cole MacGrath vs Son Goku

So like... one thing to note; RFI Cole can't actually fly. It was due to the Beast's Gravity Field. Goku has the advantage of flight in this match. I am NOT sure why "Flight" is listed under Cole's profile. He was able to fly at the beginning of the game due to the Beast, everywhere else he can only hover. It's very explicit he CANNOT fly, even during dire missions where he has to go to a location fast, he only goes on the rails to boost himself.

I'm going to be honest, Cole's projectiles are pretty much jokes. Half of them aren't even effective long-ranged attacks. Telekinesis and control over the environment.... okay? Goku can fly. Not sure what control of the environment can do against Goku. And Speed is equalized. A Lightning bolt or a tornado coming his way isn't catching him off-guard, hell Goku as a kid LEARNED how to dodge lightning. Shock-Blast can be countered with Goku's own shockwaves or hell, just keep flying forward harder. It can also be countered with the Power Pole, extending it through the shock blast and basically smacking Cole right in the gut. The point of after images is that you're in multiple places at once via sheer speed; and with how Radar Sense works in the games and displayed in the written works, it's not going to help Cole here. Most of Cole's ice powers only work at close range, so no "Long Range" arguments here and I'm going to be honest, most of Cole's Ice Powers are actually pretty dodgable, Especially the Ionic (Like... it can't hit flying enemies).

All in all, going Goku. A lot of people just... doesn't seem to remember the specifics of Cole in the game.

<It was due to the Beast's gravity Field

Wrong, Beast never used a gravity field when Cole used the RFI, After all he only gets it at the end of the game.

<Aren't even affective long ranged attacks

Homing Bolt, Magnum Bolt, Cell Strike, much better then a generic Ki blast.

<As a Kid learned how to dodge lightning

? Then why is he Hypersonic+?

<And Speed is Equalized

As are Goku's projectiles, non of which are homing, Also drain works wonders, albeit he won't use it immediately

<Doesn't seem to Remember the specifics

DMUA, me and Monkey literally worked on all the Infamous revisions within the past year, what's next Weekly doesn't know RWBY?

Gargoyle basically covered everything I was gonna say, but I'm gonna chip in my 2 cents anyway:

RFI Cole starts flying even before the Beast reaches his area. Beast's anti-gravity field only worked on people and objects in his immediate vicinity. He reason he can't fly during during missions is because he only unlocks full flight at the end of the game. They make a point of Cole's power progression multiple times during the game. Cole even remarks his jealousy of not being able to fly when Kuo shows off her powers.

In the game Radar Sense can keep track of teleporters like Nix and Sasha (seriously, the second they pop back in they're on your radar), and can follow speedsters that move too fast for Cole to follow (you can see the red dots moving around when Kessler and the Reaper Conduits are blitzing around you)

Also, speed is equalized, so both don't have to worry about projectile speed. And Cole could keep up with lightning dodgers in inFamous 1, when he was far weaker than he is now.

I'm not sure how Goku learned to dodge lightning as a kid when the minimum required to lightning dodge is MHS.

Gargoyle One said:
<It was due to the Beast's gravity Field

Wrong, Beast never used a gravity field when Cole used the RFI, After all he only gets it at the end of the game.

<Aren't even affective long ranged attacks

Homing Bolt, Magnum Bolt, Cell Strike, much better then a generic Ki blast.

<As a Kid learned how to dodge lightning

? Then why is he Hypersonic+?

<And Speed is Equalized

As are Goku's projectiles, non of which are homing, Also drain works wonders, albeit he won't use it immediately

<Doesn't seem to Remember the specifics

DMUA, me and Monkey literally worked on all the Infamous revisions within the past year, what's next Weekly doesn't know RWBY?
The "generic ki blast" is more powerful than anything Cole MacGrath can do. And I thought it was established earlier that draining wouldn't work on Goku?

<More powerful then anything he can do.

.....Why?

Also I was referring to the power steal not the life drain

Gargoyle One said:
<More powerful then anything he can do.

.....Why?

Also I was referring to the power steal not the life drain

Well, playing by vs battles rules, they're technically in the same ballpark. Even though it still seems like Goku's kamehameha is all around more effective a technique than anything Cole has to offer. If he flies into the sky and blasts Macgrath with this, how's he going to survive it?

The Wright Way said:
Said 'generic kind blast' is also much easier to dodge then 99% of Cole's arsenal.
Is it really though? Goku's kamehameha at the start of Z(who is barely above this Goku, if at all)was able to keep up with Raditz, who pretty effortlessly dodged Piccolo's SBC.

By being the same durability?

Also Cole is faster then Raditz, who is much faster then this version of Goku which we are using, and not the one who fought Raditz.

Otherwise Goku would get his rear end omegablitzed.

Gargoyle One said:
By being the same durability?

Also Cole is faster then Raditz, who is much faster then this version of Goku which we are using, and not the one who fought Raditz.
What? Even assuming they have exactly the same durability, the Kamehameha still hurts characters on their level. It's like me saying Goku can tank anything Cole throws at him because they have the same durability.

Now that I think about it, a fully charged, beam Kamehameha is just ome variation of the attack. He could always spam the lesser, "ball" versions fairly easily. Even if they don't hit him directly, it'll destroy the area around them and keep Macgrath on the defensive.

As for the battle itself, I think Goku has a massive advantage if the fight goes CQC. So if Goku gets in close with the power pole and range attacks, I feel like he would clobber Cole fairly easily. But I vote inconclusive because my knowledge of Infamous is super limited and thus, I cannot give a 100% accurate prediction.

Techniques in Dragon Ball Z is basically confirmed to raise one's power temporarily (Goku being basically stomped by Raditz but his Kamehameha being able to at least somewhat harm him)

I'd like to point out that it's kinda hard to go CQC when your opponent can just release a stream of electricity in front of you or use graviton shockwaves.

Also tie vote.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I'd like to point out that it's kinda hard to go CQC when your opponent can just release a stream of electricity in front of you or use graviton shockwaves.

Also tie vote.

Would they even work on Goku though? At least in the anime, kid Goku wasn't knocked out by Roshi's lightning.

Thing is Cole's lighting is much, much more powerful than that.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Also tie vote.
I think you're ignoring Ki Blasts which is... a pretty good counter to just Electric Bolt Spam

@Akreious

My point was that if Goku closes in for a constant fight, nothing's stopping Cole from just letting loose electricity outwards or a shockwave to push him back or hit him.The advantage of range attacks that can stun.

Goku can still use Ki blasts that said I don't think it would counter about everything.

The Shockwave won't push Goku back if he just keeps charging forward. I've never seen the shockwave stop, say a bullet for example. Almost everything he's pushed away with the Shockwave was stationary; everything else on his tier was immune to the Shockwave. He's not getting pushed back by it. And letting loose electricity outwards is countered by Ki Blasts, and if Cole arcs around the Ki blasts then he gets hit by the blasts as well as Goku gets hit with the electricity.

Also, Goku's tanked lightning bolts before. If these electric attacks are on a similar level to him, I highly doubt Goku is going to get stunned and even if he does, it won't be for long.

The Shockwave also only launches humans a few meters, both in-game and in-comics... I am seriously doubting the forcepower of Shockwave here xD

Well if we're doing downgrades based on gameplay mechanics and mere appearances, then I guess we gotta downgrade The Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne, Devil May Cry, Halo, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc, etc, etc

Cole's shockwaves have worked on people in his tier and have worked on projectiles on his level as well. They have repelled Sasha's energy bullets and hurt her in return, they have repelled Alden's fireballs and telekinetically enhanced junk bombs, they have repelled Kessler's grenades and hurt him in return, they have repelled Bertrand's sludge missles and acid blobs, they have repelled Nix's fireballs and firebird strike and hurt her in return, and they have repelled Kuo's ice attacks and hurt her in return.

You also forget to mention that, even by gameplay standards, Cole can use his shockwaves to send cars hurling throughout the air, doing multiple flips before they land, and can completely reverse the direction of a speeding RPG rocket.

But yeah, it can't stop bullets and can only send humans back a few meters, so clearly it's power is weak, right?

Also, resistance to electricity \=\ immunity to electricity, so it's not like Goku is gonna completely laugh it off, especially since Roshi only hit him with ki-based pseudo electricity, and this version of Cole is constantly getting stronger due to exposure to electricity and has a passive electrical aura around him that will shock anything that gets near him

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say for now, going to bed

Gargoyle One said:
Goku got nearly killed by a Bullet, Cole stomps XD
Someone make a b8 pic where Nix is firing the RFI and the next shot is Goku with a hole in his ribs.

Back