• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning vs Ki - Cole MacGrath vs Son Goku

Well.

I mean it's either that or Kagyua stomps Beast because "Lol you need sage energy to kill me"

So.

Yeah.

If the speed equalization thing decides to keep Projectile speed unequalized, Goku's grave is going to be dig deeper here. There's no way he's dodging radiation.

Just gonna chip in my 2 cents on Cole's power null before going to bed:

I think at the end of the day, the RFI would only work on those who's powers are genetic's/DNA based, as Conduits get their powers from their Conduit gene. Like, it would probably work on a mutant from Marvel or on a Quirk user from MHA due to verse equalization, but against a person whose powers are spiritual based (ki)? I don't think the same rule applies, since the origin of their powers is completely different, and the RFI energy only has been shown to not harm non-Conduits (no humans were reported dead after the RFI Blast).

Now, how would the RFI work on Goku's Saiyain DNA? Idk

That's all I got for now. Good night everyone

From the SBA:

"Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses."

So.

Yeah.

mfw when you call the Amp a wrench

Yeah, but the mechanics behind ki manipulation in the DBverse are spiritual in nature, whereas energy/matter manipulation in the inFamousverse comes from genetics. So they're not really similar, it's kinda a science vs magic type deal.

The mechanics of the two energies are COMPLETELY different. Ki is spirtual based whilst Conduit Powers are genetics based. Already, they can't be equalized due to COMPLETELY different ways of operation. Remember, in that very same SBA quote, " as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses.".

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
mfw when you call the Amp a wrench
I could of sworn he actually hit it with a wrench

Hmm.... I guess I'll go back to the previous reasoning.

You sure?? I could've sworn it had electricity running through it when Zeke used it. Maybe it was the RFI that was doing the electricity.

Goku is kinda outraged completely by Cole but does have the strength and skill advantage, inconclusive

Should noted that this Cole is >>> his "base" by a good bit, and now has a passive electrical aura that Goku needs to get through

Still, a strong whack with a power pole will easily get past that and knock the RFI out of his hands if not break it.

He needs to pull the thing out in front of him to use it, and even then it takes time for it to happen.

Theglassman12 said:
He needs to pull the thing out in front of him to use it, and even then it takes time for it to happen.
That's just when he wants to kill all conduits and cure the plague. Not something he'd do here.

I was under the impression he'd have to hold it in his hands.

It's been long since I've seen an inFAMOUS playthrough.

Actually... Hmm, if Goku gets close, Cole can easily knock him back with a shockwave and keep firing on him. Electric Aura also helps here. And considering how good Cole's range game is, he could easily win. If Goku uses the power pole, Cole can easily dodge and keep firing, or just grab the power pole and slam Goku onto the ground. Or simply throw it into the distance.

But if Goku powers through with something like a Ki barrier Cole stands no chance in CQC. Though I don't think he can really do that in OG Dragon Ball.

So.... Seems like I'll have to go with the electric man still.

Goku can just take off his weighted clothing and use afterimages to get around Cole and get the edge.

Kessler doesn't have afterimages, he just spammed short range teleporting to get up close to Cole.

It's similar in the way he did it. He moved in a fashion that was hard to track with the naked eye, which is pretty much what Goku does but on a smaller scale.

Kessler doesn't teleport, he just moves so quick that it appears that he is teleporting. And Cole can keep track of teleporters and speedsters who move faster than his eyes can see with his Radar Sense.

Cole's dealt with virtually every type of projectile Goku can throw at him at this point. Goku is superior up close but Cole is superior at a distance and I honestly think that the majority of the fight would be taking place at a distance. Cole's superior versatility when it comes to ranged attacks just flat out makes him the better suited to win this fight. Elertric grenades, tornados, and lightining bolts summoned from the sky just give Cole a lot more ways to attack from a distance than Goku can deal with at this point in time. Electric Grenades and telekinesis allow Cole superior control over the environment and the shock blast should be able to push Goku away should he get to close. Cole could easily disarm Goku of his power pole just by grabing it and throwing it into the distance. His radar sense can help him see through Goku's after images, and his ice shield can easily block most ki blasts. That's not even getting started on most of Cole's ice powers. Cole wins 6/10 times.

You do know that I can say the same thing for Goku on him disarming Cole and throwing his stuff out as well right?

I'm well aware, however what are the chances two people flying will try to go CQC against eachother especially in Cole's case.

Goku is almost certain to go for CQC, since it's very common for him to do so in his home series. Probably his most preferred tactic, especially against people who can fly. And he's IT'd towards people for that sake as well, IIRC.

I don't have much of an opinion on this matchup, but I felt like putting that out there.

Back