• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami VS Walter White

both are in albuquerque. season 5A walt is used, and has one day of prep. light has the death note and a week of prep, and is aware of heisenberg’s existence, but does not know his true identity.

light: 2 (vizer, speedster)

walter: 7 (limbless athena, udlmaster, baken, glaceongamez, proplayen, lukewoesal, anaverageusername)

me:

Last edited:
neither of these guys are doing shit with one day of prep besides Walt getting access to some guns by finessing somebody. Light doesn't know shit about Albuquerque in general, so he's not going to find any useful intel. Season 5 Walt is on the run and doesn't even have the money to travel to Japan, so he's not setting anything up over there either.

that just leaves a straight fight. Light is a teenager (or a 20-something) who doesn't really have hands like that and doesn't carry weapons. Walt is a fifty-something dying of cancer, but he's a 50-something dying of cancer who can and will get access to guns and bullets in a prep scenario even if this is season 5 and he's hiding from the police.

Walt shoots him in the head and goes back into hiding.

neither of these guys are doing shit with one day of prep besides Walt getting access to some guns by finessing somebody. Light doesn't know shit about Albuquerque in general, so he's not going to find any useful intel. Season 5 Walt is on the run and doesn't even have the money to travel to Japan, so he's not setting anything up over there either.

that just leaves a straight fight. Light is a teenager (or a 20-something) who doesn't really have hands like that and doesn't carry weapons. Walt is a fifty-something dying of cancer, but he's a 50-something dying of cancer who can and will get access to guns and bullets in a prep scenario even if this is season 5 and he's hiding from the police.

Walt shoots him in the head and goes back into hiding.
both light and walt are 10-A and have shown that they can put up a decent fight
also i probably should have specified this in the OP but i meant mid-season 5 before walt’s whole operation got ******

I don't know much about Walt, but the fact that he can get a gun while light can't is a pretty big boost either way.

Ok so 1st of all with Light being the son of a detective, being generally trusted, and VERY VERY VERY smart, I doubt Light can't snatch a gun or 2 without getting caught. Light probably also has decent experience with a gun due to once again being the son of a detective and chasing Kira. I doubt L didn't train him to accurately shoot. However even with that level of intelligence and a bit of experience with guns, what is he doing against a machine gun?

Light probably also has decent experience with a gun due to once again being the son of a detective and chasing Kira. I doubt L didn't train him to accurately shoot.
literally headcanon
However even with that level of intelligence and a bit of experience with guns, what is he doing against a machine gun?
walt doesnt have his machine gun, in season 5 he has a gun and if he wants to he can make a bomb out of stuff in his house

afaik light has literally never been shown using or even holding a gun, he would probably be more focused on finding walt’s name to write it down in the death note

also, light has taken bullets before and kept going, right? if walt shoots him somewhere other than the head, light still has the chance to get shinigami eyes from ryuk and write down walt’s name.

Ok so 1st of all with Light being the son of a detective, being generally trusted, and VERY VERY VERY smart, I doubt Light can't snatch a gun or 2 without getting caught.
he has never done that ever, even in scenarios where he has prep.
Light probably also has decent experience with a gun due to once again being the son of a detective and chasing Kira. I doubt L didn't train him to accurately shoot.
headcanon like the other person said tbh.
both light and walt are 10-A and have shown that they can put up a decent fight
this isn't a decent fight, it's Light throwing a punch and L kicking him in the face repeated twice. he doesn't do anything you or i couldn't do in a fight if we decided to shoot a fade in the middle of a hotel room. the only reason i'm not saying Walt just beats him up is because Walt could only fight for a minute or so before he got so out of breath that he couldn't fight back when Jesse was punching his face in, and his health in s5 is even worse.

it doesn't matter though, because Walt is just gonna shoot him.
also i probably should have specified this in the OP but i meant mid-season 5 before walt’s whole operation got ******
then that means Walt has the advantage because he's not on the run right now and can pretty much find whatever kind of gun he wants in a prep scenario. it also means he still has a shitload of money left over from his drug operation.
ok they are both in albuquerque now
i don't think this helps. Light doesn't have contacts in Albuquerque or anywhere else in America, and he's not gonna suddenly find enough of those to track down Heisenberg's identity when he's only got a single day of prep.
also, light has taken bullets before and kept going, right? if walt shoots him somewhere other than the head, light still has the chance to get shinigami eyes from ryuk and write down walt’s name.
are you kidding? those bullets wrecked his shit. he only stayed alive because the other police guys stopped Matsuda from shooting him in the face after he hit the floor. even after he ran off he would've ended up dying from blood loss and internal injuries if Ryuk hadn't written his name into the death note first. he could barely even walk/run after he got shot and was struggling to breathe and stay on his feet.

also he never, ever tried to get the shinigami eyes from Ryuk even as he was on his deathbed.

Last edited:
are you kidding? those bullets wrecked his shit. he only stayed alive because the other police guys stopped Matsuda from shooting him in the face after he hit the floor
He still was able to run after getting shot

also he never, ever tried to get the shinigami eyes from Ryuk even as he was on his deathbed
That's irrelevant, he already knew everyone's names, he didn't have more pages of the death note

He still was able to run after getting shot
he was on the floor for a whole minute gasping and wheezing and shit. if Walt shoots him in the chest, he's not getting himself back together before Walt walks up and does what Matsuda got stopped from doing.

you also left out the fact that even when he was running away, he was having trouble breathing and staying on his feet after he got shot.
That's irrelevant, he already knew everyone's names, he didn't have more pages of the death note
that's fair, but getting the shinigami eyes is still out of character. and even if somehow gets the eyes right after Walt dumps a clip on him, the scene with Matsuda proves that Light can't write in the death note faster than someone with a gun can shoot him.

Light can probably obtain a gun and he can survive bullets way better than Walt so i vote for him

this isn't a decent fight, it's Light throwing a punch and L kicking him in the face repeated twice. he doesn't do anything you or i couldn't do in a fight if we decided to shoot a fade in the middle of a hotel room.
didnt L beat up several people when he was like 8 years old? light was losing, but being able to fight on par with L in the first place is impressive on its own
the only reason i'm not saying Walt just beats him up is because Walt could only fight for a minute or so before he got so out of breath that he couldn't fight back when Jesse was punching his face in, and his health in s5 is even worse.
that isn't exactly an anti-feat, not being able to fight back when someone has slammed your head into a table and started pounding the shit out of your face seems pretty normal.
i don't think this helps. Light doesn't have contacts in Albuquerque or anywhere else in America, and he's not gonna suddenly find enough of those to track down Heisenberg's identity when he's only got a single day of prep.
ok should i give him a week instead
are you kidding? those bullets wrecked his shit. he only stayed alive because the other police guys stopped Matsuda from shooting him in the face after he hit the floor. even after he ran off he would've ended up dying from blood loss and internal injuries if Ryuk hadn't written his name into the death note first. he could barely even walk/run after he got shot and was struggling to breathe and stay on his feet.
well yeah it's not like he shrugged them off but he still did survive for a little while, which could give him enough time to write down walt's name
also he never, ever tried to get the shinigami eyes from Ryuk even as he was on his deathbed.
matsuda had shot him in the hand at that point, so he couldn't write names anyways

that's fair, but getting the shinigami eyes is still out of character.
if light knows walt will kill him otherwise, i think he'll choose going closer to death over dying immediately. it would be pretty stupid of him not to.
and even if somehow gets the eyes right after Walt dumps a clip on him, the scene with Matsuda proves that Light can't write in the death note faster than someone with a gun can shoot him.
matsuda is a trained police officer. walt is a drug dealer who almost always shoots his targets point-blank.

didnt L beat up several people when he was like 8 years old? light was losing, but being able to fight on par with L in the first place is impressive on its own
they traded like two blows each. the whole thing was literally just "Light punches L, L kicks him in the mouth to get even, rinse/repeat". you can't base Light's combat skill on that.L was intentionally only kicking him once for every time Light landed a punch on him.
that isn't exactly an anti-feat, not being able to fight back when someone has slammed your head into a table and started pounding the shit out of your face seems pretty normal.
Walt kicked and slammed Jesse around the room a whole bunch of times and Jesse was fine. then he ran out of breath, Jesse slammed his head once and that was all that needed to happen for Walt to be helpless. he's just not that good in a fight, and he's not supposed to be, because he's an old guy with cancer.

which STILL doesn't matter though, because Walt is just gonna shoot him.
well yeah it's not like he shrugged them off but he still did survive for a little while, which could give him enough time to write down walt's name

matsuda had shot him in the hand at that point, so he couldn't write names anyways
that didn't stop him before. he tried to finish writing a name with his own blood right before Matsuda put him on his ass. if he was able to write in the state he was in after he got shot, he would've done it.

which i mean, seriously, do you really think that a guy who's left like this when he gets blasted in the chest with a revolver multiple times is going to suddenly ask Ryuk for the shinigami eyes, look at his shooter long enough to see his name, pull out his notebook and a pen (or even just use his own blood) and then write the name in that notebook all before the shooter can just walk up and finishes the job? he was still twitching on the ground in pain and shock when Matsuda marched up and almost put one in his head in front of everybody.

speaking of putting one in his head, you're acting like Light still being alive to do all this is even all that likely. if Walt pops him in the face, he dies on the spot, and Walt aims for the head a lot.

if light knows walt will kill him otherwise, i think he'll choose going closer to death over dying immediately. it would be pretty stupid of him not to.
Light's exact words when Ryuk told him about the deal were "if it lengthened my lifespan, i'd consider it. but i'd never shorten it." so i guess he's pretty stupid then. forreal, why are we talking about something that's way out of character for him? he spent the whole series refusing to get the shinigami eyes. saying he'll do it now under these exact circumstances is flimsy.

matsuda is a trained police officer. walt is a drug dealer who almost always shoots his targets point-blank.
yeah, and what dodging feats does Light have to make this point matter? especially when he's trying to write a name in a notebook while bleeding out instead of looking at the person with the gun?

ok should i give him a week instead

probably? at least then he'll have time to try to figure out who Heisenberg is before the fight. the way it is right now, he spends a day searching for a name he doesn't know in a city he's not from and then gets shot by a guy who brought a gun to a fistfight.

although a week for Light means a week for Walt, and a week for Walt means he's definitely gonna be able to bring something like the bomb he gave Hector to blow up Gus or that machinegun turret he killed the nazis with. also, a week means it's possible Walt could hear about some Japanese guy who showed up to Albuquerque walking around trying to...

...wait. can Light even speak fluent English??? i don't remember him learning multiple languages before he died.

Last edited:
they traded like two blows each. the whole thing was literally just "Light punches L, L kicks him in the mouth to get even, rinse/repeat". you can't base Light's combat skill on that.L was intentionally only kicking him once for every time Light landed a punch on him.
yeah, in terms of combat skill light doesn't really stand a chance here. i was talking more about his physical stats than his skills.
Walt kicked and slammed Jesse around the room a whole bunch of times and Jesse was fine. then he ran out of breath, Jesse slammed his head once and that was all that needed to happen for Walt to be helpless.
jesse ran out of breath too though
he's just not that good in a fight, and he's not supposed to be, because he's an old guy with cancer.
walt didnt have cancer at that point, he went into remission in season 2 and the cancer didn't come back until season 5B
that didn't stop him before. he tried to finish writing a name with his own blood right before Matsuda put him on his ass. if he was able to write in the state he was in after he got shot, he would've done it.
didnt someone mention earlier that he also didn't have any pages at the time
which i mean, seriously, do you really think that a guy who's left like this when he gets blasted in the chest with a revolver multiple times is going to suddenly ask Ryuk for the shinigami eyes, look at his shooter long enough to see his name, pull out his notebook and a pen (or even just use his own blood) and then write the name in that notebook all before the shooter can just walk up and finishes the job? he was still twitching on the ground in pain and shock when Matsuda marched up and almost put one in his head in front of everybody.
this is assuming walt shoots him multiple times, which he doesn't usually do.
speaking of putting one in his head, you're acting like Light still being alive to do all this is even all that likely. if Walt pops him in the face, he dies on the spot, and Walt aims for the head a lot.
problem is, walt is way further away from light than he usually is when he shoots people. it's probably gonna be tough for him to get an accurate shot.
Light's exact words when Ryuk told him about the deal were "if it lengthened my lifespan, i'd consider it. but i'd never shorten it." so i guess he's pretty stupid then. forreal, why are we talking about something that's way out of character for him? he spent the whole series refusing to get the shinigami eyes. saying he'll do it now under these exact circumstances is flimsy.
refusing to take the eyes in this situation would just shorten his lifespan even further.
yeah, and what dodging feats does Light have to make this point matter?
zero. i'm not trying to say that light can dodge, i'm trying to say that walt can miss. according to sba they're starting dozens or even hundreds of meters away from each other, which is way further away than anyone walt has shot before.
although a week for Light means a week for Walt, and a week for Walt means he's definitely gonna be able to bring something like the bomb he gave Hector to blow up Gus or that machinegun turret he killed the nazis with.
i can give them different amounts of prep, and walt did all that stuff in a day anyways
...wait. can Light even speak fluent English??? i don't remember him learning multiple languages before he died.
a quick google search tells me he took english classes at the start of the anime

he’s a detective, and detectives don’t carry firearms. he’s also never shown to be willing to use a gun. it’s a lot easier to trace a gun to him than the death note.

im kind of wondering whether or not i should count the light votes, imo they revolve around literally making shit up about the character and are therefore invalid, but on the other hand i want to be impartial here

Back