• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami VS Walter White

Walter actually has very bad aim with guns and what's shown is just him being lucky. Any other claims are headcanon.

On a real note, does light have any reliable wincons?

he knows that he’s fighting heisenberg and he’s heard about stuff from heisenberg’s reputation (cooking crystal meth, killing gus fring, orchestrating a mass murder, and other wacky antics) but he doesn’t know heisenberg’s name

Light with the week of prep could find out Heisenbergs name right even I’d he doesn’t know it initially? (I mean there’s nothing in the rules stopping him from doing so).

Hypothetical question: If Light discovery Walter's name, but the only picture he had was the Heisenberg draw, would the Death Note work?

Light with the week of prep could find out Heisenbergs name right even I’d he doesn’t know it initially? (I mean there’s nothing in the rules stopping him from doing so).
yeah. i'm pretty sure he can't write it down until the fight though.

He can manipulate Heisenberg into revealing his real name
how would he do that? he's a skilled manipulator but walt isn't about to give his identity to some kid unless there's a massive amount of blackmail involved. also if light tries to talk to walt that just leaves him open to getting shot in the face

I guess Light can use that 1 week of prep time to investigate him as much as he can.

He can find Jesse (or any other person who worked with Heisenberg) and force them to reveal his identity with the Death Note (he can mind control people with it)

Anyway, Light can try to run away and find a safe place to hide (he has Above Average stamina and Walt only has Average) and then write his name in the Death Note

I guess Light can use that 1 week of prep time to investigate him as much as he can.

He can find Jesse (or any other person who worked with Heisenberg) and force them to reveal his identity with the Death Note (he can mind control people with it)
i don't think he can do that unless it serves as a cause of death (e.g. suicide). plus he would have to figure out that these people worked with heisenberg in the first place, which probably wouldn't be easy since walt has already killed nearly everyone who could rat on him

walt when lights death directly leads to the police arresting and investigating him, resulting in the collapse of his empire and family
b3b.gif

I can't believe this match got added to their profiles...

Walt's only wincon is to shoot Light with a gun and for some reason we assume Light can't obtain a gun with one day of prep time which is stupid.

Even if he couldn't possibly get a gun in that time (which again, it's stupid) that just makes this match a stomp and therefore it can't be added.

Walt's only wincon is to shoot Light with a gun and for some reason we assume Light can't obtain a gun with one day of prep time which is stupid.
light could theoretically obtain a gun, but he has never been shown to have the skill or willingness to wield one. saying he'd bring a gun is like saying he'd use his prep to get the shinigami eyes. also he has a day of prep not a week
Even if he couldn't get a gun (which again, it's stupid), that just makes this match a stomp and therefore it can't be added.
it isn't a stomp. light does have a wincon if he just finds out who heisenberg is.

light could theoretically obtain a gun, but he has never been shown to have the skill or willingness to wield one. saying he'd bring a gun is like saying he'd use his prep to get the shinigami eyes.
Light isn't stupid, if he realizes he can't obtain Heisenberg's name with that prep time, then he would chose not to use the Death Note and instead find another way to kill Walt. Also, Walter isn't known for being skilled with guns either.

also he has a day of prep not a week
That's what i said...

it isn't a stomp. light does have a wincon if he just finds out who heisenberg is.
Which is impossible given the conditions of the battle that you chosed...

Last edited:
Light isn't stupid, if he realizes he can't obtain Heisenberg's name with that prep time, then he would chose not to use the Death Note and instead find another way to kill Walt.
ok let's say light does decide to bring a gun to kill walt. in that case he still gets shot to death because walt has actual experience with firearms and is capable of competently using them. all of light's "experience" with weapons is 100% headcanon so it's not like he's overcoming walt with that
Also, Walter isn't known for being skilled with guns either.
walt has at least used guns and has been shown to be capable of shooting accurately, light has literally never held a gun in his life
That's what i said...
somehow i got it wrong and said it the other way around, light had a week lol
Which is impossible given the conditions of the battle that you chosed...
light is a genius with a week of prep and knowledge of heisenberg's reputation, it's entirely possible for him to just find saul and threaten to kill him if he doesn't tell light who heisenberg is

Light knows he can't write a name in time while someone is shooting at him (Matsuda) so he would resort to a gun, even if he's not super skilled with them. Also, he can resist a fair ammount of bullets before succumbing to his wounds.

light cant "resist" bullets, they will absolutely **** him up even if they don't hit a vital area (which is unlikely since walt almost always goes for the head), i highly doubt he'll be able to shoot accurately or even hold his gun when he's bleeding out on the ground

Back