• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Brian Finch

Legion350

VS Battles
Retired
The Serial Killer known as Kira runs unchallenged. They have caused world wide terror and must be stopped. The FBI, interested in stopping Kira, sends in it's best agent Brian Finch.

Neither Light or Brian known anything about each other. One must kill the other in order to win. Both have a month of Prep Time, and Brian has Limitless NZT. Who wins!?

Brian Finch vs Light Yagami

The problem with Light is that he trusts in people. I think Brian could alter his memory and with his incredible intelligence, join the Kira investigatiom squad and figure our who Light is before he has time to write everyone's names down.

Brian could also forget his own name if he wanted to, and since Light doesnt have the shinigami eyes, he wont be able to figure it out.

I must say that Brian Finch is arguably smarter, unnaturally smart. While Light has a real life intelligence, although brilliant of course. Finch will likely know that a person's name and face are required to know to kill the person. Yeah memory manipulation would be the perfect tool for that.

Going with Brian, because of what Miles and Nico have stated.

Light doesn't trust people. the minute he learned there was a second kira, he immediately wanted to contact him because he didn't trust him the death note. also when Light and Misa met, Light didn't trust her at all and always wondered what her true motives were.

Brian has no knowledge on how Light kills so he has no reason to wipe his own memory. Light can easily manipulate other people with the note to reveal his name so i'm going with Light.

I have to flat out say, this is far from the truth, Light is the most distrusting of people, he only kept Misa as a 'girlfriend' because Rem would have killed him and because of her total zealotism for Kira which made her a useful pawn, Light is shown to outsmart both Gods of Death which are said to be older than the ideology of death itself, Light also found ways around the rules of the Death note, Wrote my the Shinigami king which like the Author said, 'Their intelligence is immeasurable', then not only fooling the greatest detective ever and one of America's best but the whole of Japan's best and got the WHOLE WORLD to kneel to Kira, something that very few can actually say they accomplished. It flat out doesn't matter if he is the best from the FBI in the first place because America was literally one of the first to fall to Kira's power, showing that FBI and everyone in the US gave up in trying to find Kira and deemed him uncatchable, Point here goes to Light in every aspect of the term.

He can tell innocence with a look, and can predict futures based upon knowledge so he isn't just another agent like Raye Pember. I am just clarifying things.

Brian: 3

Light: 2

i know he isn't pember, pember is dumb as soup compared to him. still Brian can't predict ahead if he doesn't have knowledge. and Light is also able to think several steps ahead and that was shown multiple times throughout the series.

Considering that he could tell guilt from looks, and can think weeks if not months ahead, I'd say this is pretty fair.

Well Light isn't really the type of guy that shows guilt, he's an extreme sociopath that shows no shame, regret or guilt and s easily able to manipualte others to get what he wants.

Light also forethought at least 2 months in the future when putting his master plan into action, and all this he did while being unaware the entire time and unable to do any more corrections to it.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Brian to figure out that Light needs to kill based on name and face. Besides why would Light target Brian? The Japanese police and what they do are no factor because that's outside interference (it helps Light with knowing that Brian is with the police, while Brian would have direct knowledge about Light's abilities based on what L has discovered).

On their profiles it is directly stated that Brian is an Extraordinary Genius while Light is only a Genius.

Brian is smarter there is no denying that. Light has an intelligence that real life humans can achieve, Brian has one that real life humans can't achieve.

Mikami was a Zealous person with utterly unbreakable faith towards Light and Kira, willing to kill himself then actually have Kira harmed, also it was Shown Mikami was very intelligent before he was driven to madness with the power of the note, and within the whole Death Note anime and manga, Light made one mistake, which was more an ass pull by the Writer to finish what he created, as show as how sloppy the second half of Death Note is compared to the awe-inspiring writing of the first half.

He also trusted Kiyomi Takada. To quite the extent actually. Sure he DID kill her, but only because it was practical given the circumstances. So yeah....there's two he trusted.

He hardly trusted her, he only gave her a fraction of what he knew, as well, like you said, he killed her, because he didn't trust her.

She did everything for him, I'm sure that Light knew that she was completely devoted to him. He didn't kill her because he didn't trust her, but because it gave him the opportunity to burn down the house and get rid of any evidence. So he used her while trusting her.

It's like when you trust a dog to go after a bone when you throw it, you trust it to do it but nothing more (not referring to pets here mind you)

But anyway, this isn't about if Light Trusts people this is about him fighting another person in an intellectual battle since Light out-smarted the world he is logically going to be above even this guy in intellect, all he needs to do is find out his name and he's golden. If desperate enough he could always make the Shinigami eye rule, Ryuk may help him too, There are too many variables in Lights favour.

Ryuk can't help because that's outside help. Only Light and Brian, besides Brian is arguably smarter as stated before (with evidence)

Sorry Udl. But as we said before, if Brian figures out or even considers the possibility that the death note works with people´s names, he can literally make himself forget his name. And it would be really out of character for Light to do the Shinigami Eye contract.

There is no reason the investigation team managed to live this long exept Light relying too much on Mikami and Takada, he let them live until the very end. Why would he murder some random detective that Light has no way to even know Brian is into him?

Who remembers Rape Pember, Hmm? Remember him? The random detective who got too close, and then was literally targeted by Light, Light then fooled him, manipulated him and got every detail he wanted out of him, and Light would do it again, also if you're talking about Out of character, I wouldn't put it past Light because if it was life or Death Light wouldn't be stupid and go 'Oh I am just going to die instead of taking a deal that could literally save my life, because that would be silly!" , Remember Light was one of the best and brightest, you're putting a lot of faith in Light being stupid, which he isn't. Is IQ is incredibly high, also if he forgets his name what is he going to do then? He won't know who he is to do anything, he literally crippled himself by forgetting his name, also in order to get to Japan he would have to be registered on the Japan Branch's computer systems which Light has access to via his Father, boom, there, you literally lose in every scenario.

@Udl He is nothing like Rate Pember, and is far smarter and not easily manipulated, so what your saying doesn't make sense. You should read Brian Finch's page.

Yes, I have, 'With the usage of NZT, Brian becomes one of the smartest people on the planet, he was easily capable of bringing in most of the top 10 most wanted criminals in less than two weeks.' , but guess what hun? He comes one of the smartest, not the smartest, also he needs the NZT to become smart at all, He needs to train with something to memorise it, he defeated 2 FBI agents, but guess what Light did? He defeated the whole world. He was able to elude every single Hacker, FBI agent, Government agent, Police officer, Intelligence officer, secret agents and Criminal Organisations around the world, can your character actually compare to this feat? Because I highly doubt he can.

Also God-King Superman77, don't intervene, you maybe the judge but you cannot try to sway the vote the way YOU like it, then this little experiment means nothing, also I've seen that you've started both of this guy's duels, so you're clearly biased, go with fact not emotion.

It is clearly stated in Brian's profile that he is smarter. He is described as smarter. You can try to change that by creating another thread, but as it stands Brian is undoubtly smarter. Besides like I've said before: Light is not inhumanly intelligent, Brian is though

Udlmaster said:
Also God-King Superman77, don't intervene, you maybe the judge but you cannot try to sway the vote the way YOU like it, then this little experiment means nothing, also I've seen that you've started both of this guy's duels, so you're clearly biased, go with fact not emotion.
He can't vote in his own thread, but he damn sure can give his opinion.

@Uld The OP can give his opinion. You can't tell him to not intervene on his own thread. Also I suggest you calm down or you'll be banned. This is a warning. You've already been reported.

I was not voting at all, just stating some opinions. I know that the I can't vote in the thread that I have made.

Back