• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Fang Calc Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

Welp, to defend my calc...
  • It uses the the literal two frames where the feat happens.
  • Frame 1
  • Frame 2
  • Found the distance between the beam and Naruto, not Naruto and the staff. Since when the beam hit the staff, Naruto already dodged.
You took the shots a bit too late.

These are the real shots.

Are you blind?
No, but you took the Naruto dodging shot right as Madara had swung the beam, I took the shot right before Madara starts swinging. Just something I wanted to point out.

Dude, how can you understand this from what I posted? Is it really that my English is so bad that you don't understand anything I post? I'm saying that the two frames are the ones that matters. The frame you posted with the subtitle means nothing. It's useless. Naruto see the beam, a frame after this one he dodges.

And stop, I'm not arguing with you here. Defend your calc, bother with your calc.

Dude, how can you understand this from what I posted? Is it really that my English is so bad that you don't understand anything I post? I'm saying that the two frames are the ones that matters. The frame you posted with the subtitle means nothing. It's useless. Naruto see the beam, a frame after this one he dodges.
I just wanted to show the actual HD shots is all.

No, you didn't. You wanted to correct me on something I wasn't wrong.

Well whatever, end result is the same, Nard dodges Light Fang after it's been fired. Let's just wait for the CGMs to evaluate.

So, I think my calculation is safer because we can perfectly calculate the distance between Naruto and the staff, being able to dimension laterally so it is much more accurate than using angsize.

I'd go with my calculation because-

1. I use the manga panel where Madara is fully visible and thus makes pixel-scaling a whole lot easier, not to mention the manga is official material

2. Using the render for SPSM Naruto we can fully gauge how far he moved in the anime by eyeballing alone- From the top of his head to the bottom of the black-circle thing on his left shoulder on his SPSM jacket

So, I think my calculation is safer because we can perfectly calculate the distance between Naruto and the staff, being able to dimension laterally so it is much more accurate than using angsize.
I prefer to use this scene. It's better than On using Pythagoras, it just makes things more complicated.

it just makes things more complicated.
Being less complex doesn't mean it's more accurate or precise.
You could simplify the calc even further then the above calcs but I can guarantee it won't get more accurate. Something being complex has no bearing on if it is, or isn't precise.

@Fastestthingalive50 ofc, we will see about that.

@MRKest#3

There is something in getting the distance from the manga panel,

the distance showed here:
unknown.png

is different by the distance here:
unknown.png

And going by the speed lines, it is probably because at the former panel he didn't stop moving, as the angle in the latter wouldn't make something that is the size of the upper part of an arm seems like it is only separated by a few centimeters.

ofc, the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it also has some discrepancies with the manga, such as Nard's jacket being in a different position at the moment he thought "he did it again".

Here is down:
unknown.png

Whereas here is up:
unknown.png

Suggesting that he would have thought that in a frame similar to this one where the jacket is also up:
unknown.png

Or the distance between the jacket and the circle being bigger:
unknown.png

Not saying that it is wrong wrong, since as I said the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it is something that should be taken into consideration when calculating feats when the media itself shows some discrepancies.

@Fastestthingalive50 ofc, we will see about that.

@MRKest#3

There is something in getting the distance from the manga panel,

the distance showed here:
unknown.png

is different by the distance here:
unknown.png

And going by the speed lines, it is probably because at the former panel he didn't stop moving, as the angle in the latter wouldn't make something that is the size of the upper part of an arm seems like it is only separated by a few centimeters.

ofc, the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it also has some discrepancies with the manga, such as Nard's jacket being in a different position at the moment he thought "he did it again".

Here is down:
unknown.png

Whereas here is up:
unknown.png

Suggesting that he would have thought that in a frame similar to this one where the jacket is also up:
unknown.png

Or the distance between the jacket and the circle being bigger:
unknown.png

Not saying that it is wrong wrong, since as I said the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it is something that should be taken into consideration when calculating feats when the media itself shows some discrepancies.
Well **** me, here I was thinking the staff didn't change position because of me thinking that Naruto was frozen in mid-air, when in reality he was blocked by a ******* Limbo clone.

@MRKest#3

Nei, neva.

here I was thinking the staff didn't change position because of me thinking that Naruto was frozen in mid-air, when in reality he was blocked by a ******* Limbo clone.

The staff didn't change position, it was his head. We can see in the anime how it moved back and forth by a little between the frame he was blocked by the limbo clone and the one when he stopped moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back