• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Fang Calc Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossed out my calc due to the stuff Alex pointed out.

Guess I'm knocked out bois, it's USk vs M3X now.

unknown.png

If there is a genuine concern with the methods of how this calculation is done, why not just eyeball the feat itself without thinking about calculating it?

In this case, why not just call this a lightspeed reaction feat for Naruto barely dodging a beam of light at close range?

If there is a genuine concern with the methods of how this calculation is done, why not just eyeball the feat itself without thinking about calculating it?

In this case, why not just call this a lightspeed reaction feat for Naruto barely dodging a beam of light at close range?
Dodging light speed beam not Automatically being light speed Reaction, it could be Slower or Faster, so we need Calc to find the closest to actual Speed.

Yeah I mean, Alex already said that the calc using the scan that shows Naruto and Madara isn't reliable anymore. Mitch gave the ok for my calc and KLOL's, but now KLOL said this:
Crossed out my calc due to the stuff Alex pointed out.

Guess I'm knocked out bois, it's USk vs M3X now.
Anyone has something to say before my calc is considered the one that we will use?

Yeah I mean, Alex already said that the calc using the scan that shows Naruto and Madara isn't reliable anymore. Mitch gave the ok for my calc and KLOL's, but now KLOL said this:
In case no one knows why I crossed my calc out, basically Alex said that the scene where we see Naruto and Madara looking at each other while Limbo blocks the staff is not the correct scene to measure the distance, because Naruto's head moves forward due to the recoil of the block, the only correct scene to measure the distance between the Beam and Naruto is when we see the beam actually closing in to the staff itself, M3X basically having taken care of that via the Pythagoras theorem under Alex's instructions.

Using the scene where we see the laser in relation to Nard’s head seems like it’d yield the most accurate results to me.

Dodging light speed beam not Automatically being light speed Reaction, it could be Slower or Faster, so we need Calc to find the closest to actual Speed.
So in your opinion it doesn't change the fact that a character that evades light doesn't mean React's speed is as fast as light but in my opinion the second Calc is not neat if it's not dodging light not as fast as light then any fiction that avoids light attacks is also not direct as fast as the light

Using the scene where we see the laser in relation to Nard’s head seems like it’d yield the most accurate results to me.
Exactly. Using that scene means they are calculating the distance between Naruto and the staff. The scene I used is to measure the distance between Naruto and the beam. We don't actually have a frame of the beam hitting the staff. We see the beam going to touch the staff, next frame Naruto already dodged and the staff is cut in half.

Using the scene of the feat is not only the only possible way to measure the distance correctly, but also the most accurate one, since we see the attack.

So in your opinion it doesn't change the fact that a character that evades light doesn't mean React's speed is as fast as light but in my opinion the second Calc is not neat if it's not dodging light not as fast as light then any fiction that avoids light attacks is also not direct as fast as the light
Dodging Light Speed mean you have Light speed Perception, reaction speed its Depend to Movement, and Distance of course.

Uhm... I was told by XSOULOFCINDERX that I got tagged in this thread on Discord. Awkward given I... uh, did not receive any notifications of me getting tagged here. 😓

Anywho, can I get a summary of what's to do here, please? Just pick which version of the calcs in the OP is better?

Dodging Light Speed mean you have Light speed Perception, reaction speed its Depend to Movement, and Distance of course.
Uh, dodging is both of those things, you thinking of "perceiving", even then you don't need the exact same rating as the object to see it, you can do that with relativistic perception speed, it will just be faster the slower your perception is.

Uh, dodging is both of those things, you thinking of "perceiving", even then you don't need the exact same rating as the object to see it, you can do that with relativistic perception speed, it will just be faster the slower your perception is.
Yes Perceiving, if your movement are fast the object that you see will be slower on your perception, but dodging an projectile its depends of the Distance for Knowing The Reaction Speed, you know what i mean.

Anywho, can I get a summary of what's to do here, please?
Important stuff to read:
Welp, to defend my calc...
  • It uses the the literal two frames where the feat happens.
  • Frame 1
  • Frame 2
  • Found the distance between the beam and Naruto, not Naruto and the staff. Since when the beam hit the staff, Naruto already dodged.
Exactly. Using that scene means they are calculating the distance between Naruto and the staff. The scene I used is to measure the distance between Naruto and the beam. We don't actually have a frame of the beam hitting the staff. We see the beam going to touch the staff, next frame Naruto already dodged and the staff is cut in half.

Using the scene of the feat is not only the only possible way to measure the distance correctly, but also the most accurate one, since we see the attack.
So, I think my calculation is safer because we can perfectly calculate the distance between Naruto and the staff, being able to dimension laterally so it is much more accurate than using angsize.
@Fastestthingalive50 ofc, we will see about that.

@MRKest#3

There is something in getting the distance from the manga panel,

the distance showed here:
unknown.png

is different by the distance here:
unknown.png

And going by the speed lines, it is probably because at the former panel he didn't stop moving, as the angle in the latter wouldn't make something that is the size of the upper part of an arm seems like it is only separated by a few centimeters.

ofc, the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it also has some discrepancies with the manga, such as Nard's jacket being in a different position at the moment he thought "he did it again".

Here is down:
unknown.png

Whereas here is up:
unknown.png

Suggesting that he would have thought that in a frame similar to this one where the jacket is also up:
unknown.png

Or the distance between the jacket and the circle being bigger:
unknown.png

Not saying that it is wrong wrong, since as I said the anime shows that his head didn't change position by a big amount, but it is something that should be taken into consideration when calculating feats when the media itself shows some discrepancies.

So, I think my calculation is safer because we can perfectly calculate the distance between Naruto and the staff, being able to dimension laterally so it is much more accurate than using angsize.

I think that this is a good point from USklaverei. I prefer the scaling of Naruto's full height to the distance between Naruto's head and his staff, which doesn't appear to have changed between "scenes" to me.

Still reading through more of the thread.

I mean, you'd need a better argument than this one to explain why the distance between Naruto and the staff is better than Naruto and the thing he is dodging. I will repeat for the last time, with bold and italic. I'm calculating the distance between Naruto and the beam he is dodging, the other calculation is Naruto and the staff. Naruto did not dodge the beam when it hit the staff.

We don't see the beam hitting the staff, there are no frame showing that. He is calculating something that didn't happen.

Naruto did not dodge the beam when it hit the staff.

I looked at the frames, and we have:

1) Naruto preparing the dodge as the beam is touching or just about to touch the staff.

2) Naruto has dodged, and the beam goes through where his head was before he moved.

So to me, the "distance between Naruto and the staff" is the same as "the distance between Naruto and the thing he is dodging". I think that the distance measured from the side-shot using Naruto's full height as comparison is better for the calc.

I looked at the frames, and we have:

1) Naruto preparing the dodge as the beam is touching or just about to touch the staff.

2) Naruto has dodged, and the beam goes through where his head was before he moved.

So to me, the "distance between Naruto and the staff" is the same as "the distance between Naruto and the thing he is dodging". I think that the distance measured from the side-shot using Naruto's full height as comparison is better for the calc.
Not quite.

In the scenes where we see the beam impact the staff, Naruto's arms are no longer straightened out in front of him (Right when he thinks "HE DID IT AGAIN"), if anything, when he reacts to the beam near his staff, his upper arms and shoulder are now level with his body, but the same cannot be said for the side shots, heavily indicating that Naruto moved himself closer to the staff as a result of the Limbo block. If the side shot was accurate then Naruto's shoulder would have been in front of his face and not level with his body. Hell, even the flat tops on his circle symbol on the shoulders of his jacket are now pointing forwards during the dodge and not upwards as seen in the side shots.

Last edited:
Here are some images confirming this.

The first image has the circle's flat bottom pointing downards.

But in the second and third images they are now horizontal, pointing towards the direction Naruto is looking at, and obviously we see in the third picture that Naruto's upper arms are now level with his body vertically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back