• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about SCP 682

The real cal howard said:
Said 1-B has a 3D body. Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics) is 1-A but I still expect his tier 2 form to get murked by a Digimon.
But his 2-A body isnt connected to the 1-A form, if he was hed not lose to digimon.

What im trying to say is anyone who cant affect/fight a 1-B shouldnt be considered for a fight against 682.

Its the same with EoM and Reinhard.

And I'm saying that a character who's entire point of existence on a meta level is to have that fact be true shouldn't be a character this popular. Yhwach is a Gary Stu but at least he was beaten and had clear motives beyond "Rawr! Everything must die!"

And I'm saying that a character who's entire point of existence on a meta level is to have that fact be true shouldn't be a character this popular. Yhwach is a Gary Stu but at least he was beaten and had clear motives beyond "Rawr! Everything must die!"
yeah, and they've both died and failed, many times in 682's case

682 exists as an idea, an idea of "how far can this be pushed" and "what can we do with this". Not too fond of 682 myself, but the concept isn't a worthless one. The nature of SCP as being far more open to contribution than other verses is where a lot of your issues come from Cal, because we basically end up with composite 682 here. Look at composite human. Hell, look at your own composite link. Composite files always end up busted. I don't even like 682 but to say that the entire idea of something like that is absolutely worthless?

Anyways 682's not something I can personally defend on any level beyond it's concept, so I'll leave this more to the others.

I just don't like 682, the other SCP verse characters are actually really interesting and cool imo. But 682 was literally created for no other reason than to be overpowered

LightinAnt said:
I just don't like 682, the other SCP verse characters are actually really interesting and cool imo. But 682 was literally created for no other reason than to be overpowered
so was 076, 096, 343 and more than i could possibly list

Pray tell, what did 682 die to?

@Wok. Both of them have been beaten before. Heck, Composite Link would still have a hard time with ALTTP Ganon. "How far can this be pushed" gets old after so many years especially when unlike say, One Piece or Dragon Ball, there's not a ton of story to go with it.

Pray tell, what did 682 die to?
@Wok. Both of them have been beaten before. Heck, Composite Link would still have a hard time with ALTTP Ganon. "How far can this be pushed" gets old after so many years especially when unlike say, One Piece or Dragon Ball, there's not a ton of story to go with it.
SCP-2935 Event, that new SCP-001 and a nuch of other stuff i may list later when i get the chance

Hl3 or bust said:
LightinAnt said:
so was 076, 096, 343 and more than i could possibly list
>076

Okay maybe he takes the cake as a self insert edgelord mary sue, 682's picture atleast looked unique

076 isnt a mary sue he's been beaten plenty of times in verse and has an actually decent storyline and character development

076 can die though. That's a huge difference. Same with 096. 343 doesn't make that many appearances and fits as a god character who's not supposed to be interacted with.

2935 killed everything without exception and there's no context behind how it did it. That counts as much as saying "The Presence died to R" and leaving it at that.

I will admit I preferred when 682 was more mysterious but regardless this thread doesnt seem to be helping anything outside set who supports, opposes and is neutral on 682.

He can, but he always comes back in his entry, so death has literally no meaning(Speaking more in Universe than comparing him to others)

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cal Actually 343 does appear a lot his page here is just stupidly outdated so it doesnt reflect it
The point is, 343 isn't an active player in what can be considered a story. 682 is. 343 is supposed to be god. 682 isn't, nor is it supposed to be the devil. It's why nobody complains about Axiom or Arceus or the Chousin.

PsychoWarper said:
I will admit I preferred when 682 was more mysterious but regardless this thread doesnt seem to be helping anything outside set who supports, opposes and is neutral on 682.
It helps me vent.

The point is, 343 isn't an active player in what can be considered a story. 682 is. 343 is supposed to be god. 682 isn't, nor is it supposed to be the devil. It's why nobody complains about Axiom or Arceus or the Chousin.
You know there's a whole canon story where 343 systematically brings about the rapture right? Its one of the largest stories on the site

PsychoWarper said:
It helps me vent.
I know and I do understand your point but this thread is basically going in circles.

LightinAnt said:
He can, but he always comes back in his entry, so death has literally no meaning
His death has a lot of meaning actually, it set up a whole dynamic with 073 and set off their entire storyline

@Weekly Death has no meaning for *him* as he can always come back in universe, not familiar with all the connections to 073, except the whole Cain and Abel schtick

@Cal Does the Devil even exist in the SCP world?

073 is 076's brother, and in the events of When We Came Home they canonically permanently killed each other due to their powers being removed by Set's followers

Yes the devil exists in SCP

Hl3 or bust said:
See? This is the interesting part of SCP. Not Mr. Can't Die.
i can agree that 682 isn't super intersting compared to the rest of SCP, but he's about all we can talk about without Ant and the other staff unironcially discussing deleting SCP becuase "it makes no sense" or is "too difficult to work with"
I like the more grounded and talkative SCP's like the plague doctor, a little personality can change a lot

Back