• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about SCP 682

The real cal howard said:
682 has more resistances than Link, the Royal Knights, and ZeedMillenniummon combined once Weekly finishes revamping the profile. No hax that I can think of can put it down unless you're GEoM, and apparently even then, that's a maybe.
ah yes

not like 1-A everything is something EoM has

noooooooooooooooo

Hl3 or bust said:
Perma-kill it

you can destroy it's body as many times as you want, but if you don't have 1-B hax/AP, you can't affect it's mind/true self
Dude come on. Freaking Cinder from RWBY can kill its body once via higher AP. Doesn't mean that it will stay dead.

I was obviously referring to getting rid of it for good. "Can't kill me as long as my 1-B mind exist" is the textbook definition of Low-Godly

Yobobojojo said:
That's not what I said nor what I was implying and you know it.
you said that writers don't care for our standards as though they should

whats wrong with treating it as having a hard cap? It's either that or 682 becomes unusable via plot regen

Kaltias said:
Hl3 or bust said:
Perma-kill it

you can destroy it's body as many times as you want, but if you don't have 1-B hax/AP, you can't affect it's mind/true self
Dude come on. Freaking Cinder from RWBY can kill its body once via higher AP. Doesn't mean that it will stay dead.
I was obviously referring to getting rid of it for good. "Can't kill me as long as my 1-B mind exist" is the textbook definition of Low-Godly
Incaping is a thing you know

You don't have to perma-kill something to win the fight

whats wrong with treating it as having a hard cap? It's either that or 682 becomes unusable via plot regen

I meant that it doesn't matter how hard we hit it with "it can't go beyond 4-D so it's good," the writers have no knowledge nor do they care for our standards in writing them, hence why regardless of how we treat them they are still Villain Sues in story.

PsychoWarper said:
@Cal let me ask you this, why would you expect normal 3D characters to be able to beat the avatar of a 1-B?
Again why would you guys think normal 3D characters can beat a 1-B?

Yobobojojo said:
I meant that it doesn't matter how hard we hit it with "it can't go beyond 4-D so it's good," the writers have no knowledge nor do they care for our standards in writing them, hence why regardless of how we treat them they are still Villain Sues in story.
so you're unironically saying that 682 is unbeatable because the writers say so, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Yobobojojo said:
It's easy to put it into perspective though. No matter how hard the smurfs try, they can't begin to even reach the level of top tiers like Umineko or Cthulhu. No matter how much our favorite verses struggle for supremacy, they always fall short. And in the rare occasion they become 1-A contenders, we can no longer properly gauge their power, meaning no matter what, there is always a chance that your favorite verse will die a terrible death to someone else, no matter if they're FNAF or Digimon, because they all fall short in the end.
So it's all good.
^This times 100. If anything, Digimon and especially Soulcalibur have shown me this.

Yobobojojo said:
@Hl3
No, I'm saying it's a Villain Sue no matter how you slice it.
you think we don't know this?

how about we remove all mary/gary sues/stu's?

oh wait, thats a couple hundred essential characters at minimum

you think we don't know this?

how about we remove all mary/gary sues/stu's?

oh wait, thats a couple hundred essential characters at minimum

No one said we should remove them, where are you getting that from?

Well theres Cain, Jill, Reinhard, Wolfgang, Machina, Eleonore, Habaki, Horus theres a few ill look for some more.

Kharn just has power null, and the immortalities are generally not combat applicable. 40k's weirdly not as bad smurf wise as you'd think, but the other abilities are still busted.

Most Mary Sues and Gary Stus are acknowledge to be so even by people who liked the verse. Instead, we have a character that gets wanked more than Ron Jeremy.

anyways, even without smurfs, there are plenty of ways to kill 682 (the avatar at least), like expoiting the few haxes he doesn't resist or just destroying him before he can adapt

I know I just hadnt gotten to them.

And Wok that is true but isnt it just because the Chaos Gods may or may not bring you back.

Hl3 or bust said:

Again, tell me a way that doesn't fall under lolresistance, lolconsciousness, loladaptation or lolprotection.

I'm just asking because you guys said "it's not unbeatable" and yet haven't explained why other than "someone could be a stronger tier 1"

Most Mary Sues and Gary Stus are acknowledge to be so even by people who liked the verse. Instead, we have a character that gets wanked more than Ron Jeremy.
ah yes, because no other mary sue gets wanked

i'll admit that not accidentally wanking 682 is kinda hard, but few people do it intentionally afaik

I mean I love marvel but Sentry is a Gary Stu and I like 682 but he is a Gary Stu.

Kaltias said:
Hl3 or bust said:

Again, tell me a way that doesn't fall under lolresistance, lolconsciousness, loladaptation or lolprotection.
I'm just asking because you guys said "it's not unbeatable" and yet haven't explained why other than "someone could be a stronger tier 1"
someone with law, probability or some other kind of hax he doesnt resist beat him kinda hard, especially fi it's powerful enough to kill him before he can adapt

Kaltias said:
Hl3 or bust said:

I mean 682 is basically a 1-B so a non 1-B+ shouldnt be able to beat it(unless they have 1-B+ hax).

@Lightin

he doesn't right off the bat, he can adapt (probably not to probablity but still) if his body survives long enough

LightinAnt said:
Not relevant to 682 but don't the top tiers in the SCP verse get upgraded to 1-A?
at the very least, 001-Swann and maybe his avatars will get 1-A due to transcendence

not 100% sure about anyone else though

That is relevant to 682 because lol1Bconsciousnes becomes lol1Aconsciousness.
nah

at the very best, Brothers Death and above will be 1-A, so it's 1-A immortality via 343 (not sure if thats better but still)

LightinAnt said:
@HI3 shouldn't HWMD/HWML be 1-A too by that, since they created the darkness the brother death embody?
basically what i said

BD would be 1-A via transcending the uncountably infinite dimensional Tree of Knowledge, but thats unlikely

Back