• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about SCP 682

Actually with the revamp none of his losses will be legit anymore as he's gaining a resistance to everything that allows people that beat him to do so, a resistance to sealing screws over link, kharn has been outdated for months now, resistance to Azhek's stuff, and 1440 wont be able to do jack to him

@Cal you dont like Smurfs in general, but especially the lizard.

@Weekly Hmm well it depends on which 1-A is higher

Shouln't the wins of 682 be revoked too, because noone below 1-B is getting past 1-A protection making every fight a stomp

I've come to like people like Jill or Cain. Their stories aren't about power. That's not the case for 682, who's schtick has been getting old for years and has even become a joke in the eyes of the actual SCP people. How many times can you do "lol I can't die" before it gets old? We're way past that number.

For Those Who Lived On did nothing to change my opinion. If anything, it made it worse.

The real cal howard said:
There's a difference between being OP and being a bad character. 682 has taken on a borderline Suggs tone imo.
You want Suggs tier OC's?

look at literally any of the "lolamhero/protagnow" SCPs

There's a difference between being OP and being a bad character. 682 has taken on a borderline Suggs tone imo.
Thats a personal opinion that not everyone shares, also I might agree with that borderline suggs part if he was impossible to beat which he isnt.

I understand it's a personal opinion. I have no disrespect to anyone who likes the character. I don't think you have bad taste if you like 682.

Except he is impossible to beat in a normal story. The entire story of 682 is predictable without going into Tales. Superman is as strong as he needs to be. Doesn't stop actual conflict from happening in the story. Doomsday is supposed to be unkillable. There's still hope for him being defeated in the story he's in.

I understand it's a personal opinion. I have no disrespect to anyone who likes the character. I don't think you have bad taste if you like 682.
Except he is impossible to beat in a normal story. The entire story of 682 is predictable without going into Tales. Superman is as strong as he needs to be. Doesn't stop actual conflict from happening in the story. Doomsday is supposed to be unkillable. There's still hope for him being defeated in the story he's in.
you only have to ignore 99.999999% of his character to have this view apparently

What character? A child of the Scarlet King and the 4th bride who sees humanity as wrong and will kill them whenever possible. That's all I got from it. And I said without going into Tales, and even then, the only one where it actually has character is Those Who Lived On, and I've seen said character done a thousand times.

682's obviously not gonna lose any threads so if it's gonna have any challenge, it's going to be saving its name.

PsychoWarper said:
if he was impossible to beat which he isnt.
I mean, how does he loses, in canon? Because between loladapt and loltier1, that's pretty hard.

Legitimately curious, I just can't paint a way (unless the other character has tier 1 stuff)

Kaltias said:
PsychoWarper said:
if he was impossible to beat which he isnt.
I mean, how does he loses, in canon? Because between loladapt and loltier1, that's pretty hard.
Legitimately curious, I just can't paint a way (unless the other character has tier 1 stuff)
Incap is a good way, also I wasnt really refering to canon more vs battles but still while hard 682 can be incapped/beaten.

What character? A child of the Scarlet King and the 4th bride who sees humanity as wrong and will kill them whenever possible. That's all I got from it. And I said without going into Tales, and even then, the only one where it actually has character is Those Who Lived On, and I've seen said character done a thousand times.
He sees reality in a fundamentally different way than humans, so it makes sense for him to act very weirdly from our perspective

Are we really going on a character rant here? This is neither the time or place for this...You wanna learn about a character? Go to the message wall otherwise this will cause a mess when you start going after characters people like.

You know how to do that right? Make him appear less to keep his air of mystery of how he sees things. That's why the Cthulhu Mythos is so good. Heck, SCP did it right with the Scarlet King. But 682 has to be the poster boy, so that's out of the window.

Edit: Didn't see Dragon.

PsychoWarper said:
Incap is a good way, also I wasnt really refering to canon more vs battles but still while hard 682 can be incapped/beaten.
I mean, the question still stands.

Who can do that without tier 1 stuff? Because his protection/higher consciousness covers like, everything?

You know how to do that right? Make him appear less to keep his air of mystery of how he sees things. That's why the Cthulhu Mythos is so good. Heck, SCP did it right with the Scarlet King. But 682 has to be the poster boy, so that's out of the window.
he's not meant to be eldritch afaik, just an everpresent threat to the Foundation and humanity as a whole

I haven't been able to read the stories of The Leviathans, except the one where they outright explain that there are virtually invincible things called "Leviathans of the Fourth Bride". Can anyone maybe link a few?

Cal take the 682 stuff to the thread you've already set up for this type of thing on my wall if you want, not here

Kaltias said:
PsychoWarper said:
I mean, the question still stands.
Who can do that without tier 1 stuff? Because his protection/higher consciousness covers like, everything?
Those make him hard to kill not incap.

Back