• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about SCP 682

PsychoWarper said:
Those make him hard to kill not incap.
I mean.

You aren't affecting him significantly if you don't affect the consciousness that is his true form.

If you can name a way to bypass that with a 3-D hax, by all means. I can't do that myself

If he didn't resist it, the likes of petrification and transmuatation would work higher dimensional essence or not.

What means of incap? It's not like you can get it in a Full Nelson. Pretty sure that thing can escape anytime it wants too.

Kaltias said:
PsychoWarper said:
Those make him hard to kill not incap.
I mean.
You aren't affecting him significantly if you don't affect the consciousness that is his true form.

If you can name a way to bypass that with a 3-D hax, by all means. I can't do that myself
that doesn't matter if you're fighting 682

if they can effect his consciousness, just have them fight the Leviathen

Kain Pathos Crow summed up trying to fight 682 by attacking it's 3-D body perfectly. Its the equivalent of trying to destroy a balloon by sticking your finger inside and attacking the air.

Wait I was only talking about the "avatar", him overall I cant think of a way for a 3D character to do so.

But thats also unfair since his true self is 1-B meaning a 3D character shouldnt normally beat him.

Plus while its not that effective the Foundation can keep him "contained".

So we have a character that can get as strong as it needs, resists every hax, regenerates from anything, and to top it off, has several tier 1 backings in case any of that fails.

And people call Yhwach a villain sue.

The real cal howard said:
So we have a character that can get as strong as it needs, resists every hax, regenerates from anything, and to top it off, has several tier 1 backings in case any of that fails.
except not

we don't accept The Hero level "i win because i'm me" stuff

I mean it should honastly just be threated more as a 1-B unless its facing other smurfs.

Cal seems to think that 682 has Meta-Godly regen, where he regens no matter what because the plot says so, and has NLF adaption, kinda reasonable, but Low 2-C is the hard-cap and some hax can beat him easily

Keep in mind during 2016 (or whenever I was against Digimon), I never attacked any Digimon's character during my one year tirade against it. That should say a lot.

Hl3 or bust said:
Cal seems to think that 682 has Meta-Godly regen, where he regens no matter what because the plot says so, and has NLF adaption, kinda reasonable, but Low 2-C is the hard-cap and some hax can beat him easily
Maybe, but that's how we treat it. That's not what the writers think it is, hence it being self-wank, regardless of whether it's NLF

Keep in mind during 2016 (or whenever I was against Digimon), I never attacked any Digimon's character during my one year tirade against it. That should say a lot.
Pretty sure Lucemon was a target. ovo

Yobobojojo said:
Hl3 or bust said:
Maybe, but that's how we treat it. That's not what the writers think it is, hence it being self-wank, regardless of whether it's NLF
i cannot breathe

this is wrong on more levels than i can describe

From my standpoint 682's power doesn't feel earned or actually believable in the context of the story, neither does 173's or any other SCP affiliated with the Scarlet King. The story is all an afterthought, since this all just came from 4chan with no plans of this hierarchy.

If people don't think that 682 doesn't have NLF regen, then they probably think that Death Battle did Yang right in assuming her rage boost can reach that level. 682's loladapt is totally an NLF.
not like he's totally unprotected against several types of hax and that DB is less reliable than your average politician

LightinAnt said:
From my standpoint 682's power doesn't feel earned or actually believable in the context of the story, neither does 173's or any other SCP affiliated with the Scarlet King. The story is all an afterthought, since this all just came from 4chan with no plans of this hierarchy.
173 isn't related to SK tho, he just killed a bunch of Leviathans

It's easy to put it into perspective though. No matter how hard the smurfs try, they can't begin to even reach the level of top tiers like Umineko or Cthulhu. No matter how much our favorite verses struggle for supremacy, they always fall short. And in the rare occasion they become 1-A contenders, we can no longer properly gauge their power, meaning no matter what, there is always a chance that your favorite verse will die a terrible death to someone else, no matter if they're FNAF or Digimon, because they all fall short in the end.

So it's all good.

i cannot breathe

I meant we treat it as not going beyond those levels. Writers have no cares for our standards.

Kaltias said:
Hl3 or bust said:
yeah, but 682 doesnt have 1-B Low-Godly, the Leviathan does
Really?
Because i'm 99,999999999% sure that I saw "you need to affect his true self to kill it" a lot of times
Perma-kill it

you can destroy it's body as many times as you want, but if you don't have 1-B hax/AP, you can't affect it's mind/true self

Yobobojojo said:
i cannot breathe

I meant we treat it as not going beyond those levels. Writers have no cares for our standards.
by that logic, writers who don't take into account our tiering system shouldn't have their verses allowed here

682 has more resistances than Link, the Royal Knights, and ZeedMillenniummon combined once Weekly finishes revamping the profile. No hax that I can think of can put it down unless you're GEoM, and apparently even then, that's a maybe.

@Cal let me ask you this, why would you expect normal 3D characters to be able to beat the avatar of a 1-B?

Back