• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's have a talk: Fate & Causality manipulation vs Acasuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Agreed with Sera on case by case; depends on the level of Fate Manipulation and type of Acausality. For example, Outerverse levels of Fate Manipulation should work on anyone that isn't type 5. But basic levels of Fate Manipulation only works on those with type 1, and there's some in between.

With all this "case-by-case" stuff one would still wonder why we standarize powers and abilities dividing into types and similar, we rather just put few examples of how could it work and to each, their own.

is it possible that the base level of Casuality, and Fate manipulation to be 4D in nature..? [The bottom is a copypasta from where else where all those quotes are]

hhhmmm i have no idea if i am phrasing my question properly i need sleep lol..

• "Another requirement, at least valid at the level of human experience, is that cause and effect be mediated across space and time (requirement of contiguity)." [3]
  • "Causation and time maybe inextricably linked" [1]

*"The connection between cause and effect takes place in time. This temporary relation may be defined in various ways. Some people believe that cause always precedes effect, that there is a certain interval between the time when the cause begins to act (for example, the interaction of two systems) and the time the effect appears. For a certain time cause and effect coexist, then the cause dies out and the consequence ultimately becomes the cause of something else. And so on to infinity." [4]
  • "Causality must move through time." - Page 21 of 28 near the bottom above the last paragraph. [5]
  • "There is a deep connection between Causality, and space-time" [6]

I doubt Fate Manipulation is stuck at 4D. Some series like Steins;Gate, which manipulates time, could not move pass the Fate manipulation no matter hard Okabe Rintarou manipulated time. He could only avoid Fate Manipulation by reversing his foot prints from manipulating time.

ElixirBlue said:
I doubt Fate Manipulation is stuck at 4D. Some series like Steins;Gate, which manipulates time, could not move pass the Fate manipulation no matter hard Okabe Rintarou manipulated time. He could only avoid Fate Manipulation by reversing his foot prints from manipulating time.
Base level of 4D. base level being the base power, but not neccessarly a cap limit of 4D. it can go higher

like if 4D is 1 temporal level and thats the base starting layer since Time and causality are inextricably linked then 5D would be the 2nd temporal level i guess.. So 4D fate hax (The Baselevel) wouldn't work on the 5D level and so on..

(then again i could wording and phrasing this all wrong, or in such a weird way)

I mean if you have type 2 and shown being resisting fate haxs

Then yeah you have type 2 for sure, but if fate does effect you with type two and you have shown feats of type 2. Then it's either limited or PIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back