• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let the Games begin! - Alex Mercer vs Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right since both are in character cell rushes to punch mercer as he pretty much always opens with melee, and will often drag out fights to get a challange. Cell vaporizes/blows mercer to peices with his first hit and dies to mercers gases as cell is limited to cellular regen and mercers virus works on a molecular scale. Mercer gets back up a few hours later and wanders off...

All of that is assuming cell takes mercer seriously which isn't likly I honestly see him allowing mercer to hit him the same way he let mr satan to hit him only to die to mercers absorbtion...

Not until super as far as I can tell, buu got vaporized and cell managed to survive with a few of his cells in tact after gohans mega kamehamha. It took his most powerful variant for him to finally fully destroy cell.

Not only will cell not open with such a powerful technuiqe against a foe he no doubt preceives as weak. He's liable to let mercer hit him because he won't view him as a legitmate threat, much the same way he treated satan. Problem is alex will hit and absorb/gass and cell being the arrogant bastard he is won't realize his mistake until it's to late.

Cell can win but the odds of him using a powerful enough move to take out mercer before mercer has touched/gassed aren't high especially since cell likes to open with melee and often lets his opponents get hits in if he doesn't view them as a viable threat.

>Cell surviving Kamehameha

I think that's less of a statement of how others can survive a blast and that it's weak, but rather more of a statement of how much power they can tank without turning into giblets fully.

Yeah but does it matter here? cell needs to use a powerful enough technique to yeet mercer out of existence before mercer touches/gasses. In character cell goes for melee before ki blast and if he thinks an opponent is infinitly beneath him he's liable to let them hit him the same way he did satan.

So for the moment I see cell going for melee and ignoring the gass mercer released or let mercer hit him and he ends up infected or absorbed because he won't view mercer as a legitmate threat. Overall im pretty sure cells arrogance will do him in.

Trunks cut freiza to peices then blasted him with ki, as far as i know it didn't go above vaporization there... Either way Im still pretty sure cell won't use a powerful enough technique on mercer before mercer has gassed/absorbed. Cell is arrogant and often goes for melee and dragging out fights.

He still needs to use ki and he opens with melee in most fights, hes not going to sense any ki off mercer and assume he's infinitly beneath him. Liklely allows mercer to hit him like he did satan only to get absorbed.

It does matter when you have such a huge amount of tiers stacked up on you. He is leagues above.

If I can squish an ant into bloody bits with a tap of a finger, it's not unbelievable that a nuke evaporates it. That's the level of comparison I'm doing.

I seriously thought this was fun and games.

Yeah but cell let an ant bite ie satan, and he goes for melee often. At the moment I see him not taking mercers gas as a threat and rushing to beat him to a pulp only to die to infection. He needs to atomize mercer before mercer has touched/gassed him which doesn't seem likly considering cells behavior/personality. In the end this seems like a case of a characters behavior screwing him.

Buu can become vapor and come back to his regular form tho and the universal Genki was enough to kill him, in short, an AP gap big enough will destroy mercer and since this is a 7-C vs a 4-B……………

Yeah but didn't that require a ki blast as well? Cell loves melee and dragging out fights, and if he feels an opponent is infinitly beneath him he'll even allow them to hit him. At the moment it seems like cell in character allows mercer to hit him or he rushes forward ignoring the gas and dies...

edit bloodlusted cell definitly stomps but this is in character cell...And in character cell rarly goes for the kill when he should...

Alex is NOT as strong as you think.

Cell does that.

But the moment Alex literally explodes and he seems him regenerating and expel some gassly stuff, he's probably just gonna attack back with another ki blast... Whose air pressure, similar to his power level, and even if you say it's at its weakest, would blow away said gas.

I'm not even a fan of a DBZ but he wipes.

He can absorb someone over the course of a few seconds...Cell doesn't resist absorbtion nor infection...Cell starts off in range of the gas atack..He won't take it seriously and I see that screwing him. If he used a ki blast or literally any powerful move off the bat I seem him stomping but in character...He's not liable to open with anything other then melee or letting alex hit him as he doesn't view mercer as a threat..

I never claimed mercer was strong he's got hax though...Hax cell doesn't resist, cell is arrogant....I don't see this ending well for him. A planet buster hitting a town buster depends on the series considering dragon balls stance id say mercer is vaporized maybe even atomized if cell hits him seriously but we've seen cell pull his punches, hell look at mr satan...

Super Cell first thing to do was teleport back and throw a ki blast at a random low ki signature and killed trunks.

This aint perfect cell who is cocky and all,this is the super form who just save his ass from death by a hair and came back to insta kill trunks and almost killed vegeta, and for the lolz almost destroyed the SS.

Cell will not engage into CQC at first sight, he will throw a ki blast and be done with it.

Yeah because in every in character fight in game in any of Prototype 1 Alex did that repeatedly right... Even though every Evolved antagonist in the game can do that.

Strong = Powerful = Generally comparable in terms of how potent a character can be. I'm just being blunt. He can't take on enemies to a certain threshold.

Ahh if thats true then its probably a stomp, if cells first move is to blast mercer out of existence. True but I thought in character behavior would screw cell here as he's very arrogant in perfect form. But if in this form he opens with ki blast then mercer can't really respond.

Pretty sure Cell stomps here lol

The man can bypass Alex's regen with no problem (Ki blasts atomize IIRC).

One thing I remember about the Cell Saga....

Even mooks weren't allowed to get close. Even when they looked weak Cell didn't allow himself to be hit, blowing away that wrestler guy and sending that flying guy to the sky.

Thinking about it... He's not as dumb as I remember

Lord Ace900 said:
Mr Satan..... That was in a tourment setting and Cell didn't want to waste any energy when he still had major fights
That was perfect Cell who was cocky and all, plus in a tournament, super cell doesn't mess around, he learned that the hard way.

Yeah but cells arrogance didn't fade till he nearly died so Im not sure what your point is. I was thinking of perfect form cell that pretty much exclusively screwed around with those beneath him. If this form is more serious alex cant really respond.

edit he let satan walk up and punch him repeatedly so saying he didn't let mooks near him isn't really accurate.

Yeah with super perfect alex can't do anything as super perfect will just yeet him, perfect cell messed around enough I assumed he'd let himself get gassed infected.

Yeah. It's about as accurate as claiming Alex Mercer spams infection clouds when literally even Elizabeth faced with numerous Blackwatch Troopers or military soldiers never tries to use that.

Actually, it's even better. Because unlike Alex Mercer, Hercule didn't regenerate from being oneshotted into giblets. Just stop, this is too unfair of a matchup.

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah with super perfect alex can't do anything as super perfect will just yeet him, perfect cell messed around enough I assumed he'd let himself get gassed infected.
PC will mess around for long enough to get haxed

Yeah I was thinking of perfect cell when arguing this lol

edit not really cirno we have reason to suspect perfect cell would screw around enough to get haxed, he let mr satan hit him and let other mooks get close. He never bothered using anything serious on people he viewed as infinitly beneath atleast pre super perfect. super perfect cell unfortuantly is far more serious and willing to yeet everything around him.

Ah then even perfect cell stands a good chance at yeeting mercer. If he's not arrogant enough to allow mercer to touch/gas him then mercer can do nothing here.

IF and only if Mercer decides to start with gas then Cell may lose before blasting Mercer but if not then it could go either way.

Tony di bugalu said:
IF and only if Mercer decides to start with gas then Cell may lose before blasting Mercer but if not then it could go either way.
Mercer does lead with gasses in his Prototype 2 keys (and probably Prototype 1 end-game key as it is). Ciruno may be personally against the idea that Mercer leads with it, but he's always against that for some reason, and Mercer's record of victories says that he does indeed start with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back