• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let the Games begin! - Alex Mercer vs Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ DeathNoodles

Literally more than one vide of him opening up with it is all I need when he's fighting against the military. It's not about me being against, it's about the legitimacy of the feat to use. More showings plz basically.

Also record of victories in VSB is not good reasoning to apply it in any other battles when it's reliant on that in the first place.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Literally more than one vide of him opening up with it is all I need when he's fighting against the military. It's not about me being against, it's about the legitimacy of the feat to use. More showings plz basically
The whitelight gasses is an another example of Mercer infecting his enemies and using gasses to do so (and it counts for Mercer's character because Mercer literally wanted Whitelight to get tainted in order to do so).

Mercer can not beat a ************* 4-B goddammit.

Mercer gets stomped for the same reasons he did in the Asura thread.

The Wright Way said:
Mercer can not beat a ************* 4-B goddammit.

Mercer gets stomped for the same reasons he did in the Asura thread.
Link

The result of the match says that matter-based hax works fine against such an AP difference anyways.

Mercer tries to infect atoms. He fails because Cells atoms are billions of times stronger than anything he's ever hurt. GG.

"But atoms don't scale to a characters durability."

Not fully obviously, but they have to some extent or else Cell would vaporize himself everytime he threw a punch. Even if the atoms are trillions of times weaker than Cell, they're still trillions of times stronger than anything Mercer can hurt even with hax.

The Wright Way said:
Mercer tries to infect atoms. He fails because Cells atoms are billions of times stronger than anything he's ever hurt. GG.

"But atoms don't scale to a characters durability."

Not fully obviously, but they have to some extent or else Cell would vaporize himself everytime he threw a punch. Even if the atoms are trillions of times weaker than Cell, they're still trillions of times stronger than anything Mercer can hurt even with hax.
Again, several words of Staff Members (which includes Bambu's, who is both an Admin and a Calc member) says that AP doesn't scale to Matter-based hax. And Cell's loss against Kira also further proves that Matter-based hax isn't exactly AP dependent. Last I've checked, Cell's body isn't composed of different matter or anything for his durability.

@Death

Credit to Whitelight

It's a good stealthy way to trump over the enemy. But this makes me concerned, why was that cure so dangerous that they had to purposely go stealth instead of letting it be futile? This becomes an anyi feat for how reactive the infection is.

Alongside the fact that they still could've just infected clouded everyone instead of going stealthy and playing the long waiting game.

Again, several words of Staff Members (which includes Bambu's, who is both an Admin and a Calc member) says that AP doesn't scale to Matter-based hax. And Cell's loss against Kira also further proves that Matter-based hax isn't exactly AP dependent. Last I've checked, Cell's body isn't composed of different matter or anything for his durability.

Appeal to Authority Fallacy.

That match is wrong and needs to be removed.

He's made of durable enough matter not to blow himself up when he fights

Link

The result of the match says that matter-based hax works fine against such an AP difference anyways.

Do you want me to link Cole vs Mario again?

Ciruno Fortes said:
@Death

Credit to Whitelight

It's a good stealthy way to trump over the enemy. But this makes me concerned, why was that cure so dangerous that they had to purposely go stealth instead of letting it be futile? This becomes an anyi feat for how reactive the infection is.

Alongside the fact that they still could've just infected clouded everyone instead of going stealthy and playing the long waiting game.
Whitelight isn't exactly designed to Infect stuff as it was just supposed to be a cure against Blacklight from what I can recall (and Mercer was the one who tainted it and got it infected), so Mercer unleashing Whitelight gasses counts towards his character of wanting to infect his targets (which includes gasses).

Do you REALLY want to argue the semantics of the flawed Prototype 2 plot like in the Vanilla Ice vs Alex Mercer thread again?

Hax>AP is my argument alex gets stomped here cause cell starts by yeeting him out of existence with a ki blast. If you really disagree with it bring it to the vs removal page.

@The Wright Way

That sounds like a personal problem you have with this site. "Appeal to Authority Fallacy" isn't on the Fallacy list. And I don't see why we can't use the words of the staff members to confirm how stuff works for certain abilities. It's literally how this site and its standards works.

Eh wright doesn't like how hax are treated on this site which I understand but it doesn't really belong here. This is a stomp cell yeets mercer from existence, mercer doesn't get a chance to hax so...Someone nuke this

The pen or the sword said:
Eh wright doesn't like how hax are treated on this site which I understand but it doesn't really belong here. This is a stomp cell yeets mercer from existence.
Well, nobody is arguing that Mercer doesn't get AP atomised stomped by Cell, so yeah. As Atomization via higher AP apparently exists in DB, and that this is Super Perfect Cell rather than Perfect Cell, Mercer is probably AP stomped here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back