• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basilisk1995

VS Battles
Retired
Zero vs Kira
Zerovskira-logo

GOD is the only one who knows exactly how many times this battle happened.This is one of the biggest debates in the history of anime.But this battle never happened here.So I am gonna do this.But please do not go off-topic and understand the situation described below.State your reasonings for your opinion. Keep discussion civil.

Situation: Just before Light died he was picked by someone and sent to our world with a mission.(light has his death note, no shinigami eye, no ryuk)

Just before Lelouch died he was picked by someone and sent to our world with a mission. (lelouch has geass on both eyes).

Both the characters landed on diffeent parts of Tokyo, Japan. Obviously in our Tokyo there is not any other character from any of the two verses.

Both of their mission objective is the same: There is someone else with supernatural power other than you in Tokyo. Kill the perso.

Neither character has any other information about the other. They don't know the nature of the so-called supernatural power, gender, age, name, lookalike simply put no information about the other. Only thing known is that the other one has some kind of supernatural ability, and that person is also in Tokyo. Neither character is allowed to leave Tokyo (it's also known to both the characters). Except that both are allowed to do anything they can.

Let's begin...

It looks like Light is getting an upgrade to 10-A, thanks to my proposal's acceptance (specifically, he did this).

That would give Light a bit of a bump.

On the other hand, Lelouch's ability is easier to pull off, so in a straight-up brawl, it's either he gets off his Geas (I love that word <3) and Light loses, or he gets pummeled.

As for the intrigue part of the conflict, well... I can't write intrigue and have little experience watching the genre, so I couldn't tell you how it would go.

I'd just buy popcorn and watch the outcome on the couch. It should be thrilling! ^_^

Probably Lelouch, if he's bloodlusted, he can just tell people to massacre everyone in Tokyo, if not then I'm really not sure, but if they both learned who the other was, I'd say a draw, Lelouch would mind control someone into killing Light while Light was writing his name, then he would die of a heart attack, leaving them both dead

Em... Geass do not need other conditions except direct line of sight. How's Light will find out Lelouch' name? o_O

How would Lelouch figure out who his opponent was? It doesn't matter if he gets light in his sight if he doesn't know Light is the other supernatural power user

Blahblah9755 said:
How would Lelouch figure out who his opponent was? It doesn't matter if he gets light in his sight if he doesn't know Light is the other supernatural power user

Geass: "Kill all except me!"

IMO, Kira is more stragestic

I always see Lelouch like someone with a ridiculous level of luck sometimes somewhat

KaenDragneel123 said:
IMO, Kira is more stragestic
I always see Lelouch like someone with a ridiculous level of luck sometimes somewhat
Well, Lelouch was going after some crazy idea to create ideal world for his sister... But he was good at it.

Ah two of my favourite anime strategeist (along with L)...I would say Lelouch has better planning skill in the long term. He fooled the entire world and won at the end. Light had bad luck sinc he got the death note, which might have affected his thought process.

Light is much smarter in short term however

Both are the dumbest smart characters I've ever seen.

Never finished Code Geass, but Lelouch probably wins. Just Geass everyone he sees with "If you have supernatural powers, kill yourself". He would win, eventually.

Lelouch wins hands down. Just starts geassing everyone he sees with 'become my absolutely obediant minion', then orders them to kill themselves if they have supernatural powers, otherwise he enlists them into a mindcontrol army whose job is to capture people and bring them to Lelouch to get Geass'd. As long as he was careful to keep his identity a secret (which he would given that he knows hes being hunted by the other person), he would eventually corner Light since lights 'real name and a face plus handwriting' based power would be too slow to keep up with the rate at which Lelouch can advance his plans with geas. Geas is also just so much more versetile than the death note. Bloodlusted light's best bet is probably to start making people into suicide terrorists to cause chaos and whittle the population down, but eventually most of the people still alive would be in the lelouch army and so this would only speed up lelouch's plans, unless he randomly died to a terrorist attack.

There is a chance for lelouch to die randomly in the chaos, but if that doesn't happen early on before he knows thye kind of shit thats gonna go down, lelouch will bunker up and win in the end. I'd give it to Lelouch 7/10.

Lelouch wins this EASILY.

1. They are both in an entirely different world, with no home or place to stay. Light would need to get a job to sustain himself, while Lelouch could just Geass his way to the top with a faux name.

2. In this situation, Light would never get Lelouch's name, there is no possible way. In Light's world, all his opponents are just geniuses with no power, while Lelouch faces mechs, geniuses, other Geass wielders, armies, empires, etc.

3. Lelouch has plenty of experience leading large groups of people, and would easily be able to enslave the populace of Tokyo, and track down Light under some guise. And this is all assuming Lelouch wont just cause mass genoicide via Geass for an easy win.

Lelouch 10/10 times. The background information is just not favorable for Light and double Geass is OP. A better scenario would be in Light's world, with only a single Geass imo.

I count 5 votes w/ explainations for Zero, and 1 vote w/ explaination for Kira. Two more and this goes on their profiles.

Personally, to someone else remark about how Kira wouldn't be able to find out Lelouch.. If Lelocuh DID decide to make it to the top, what makes you think he'd use a fake name? If he knows nothing about Kira than there'd be no reason for him to hide, as it's a completely different world to them.

It's not the same place, Kira would most likely use the Death Note to get information, while Lelouch would use his Geass, but there's a problem to both of them actually. Geass can only be used on a person once, while Death Note has to kill someone eventually. Now what's more potent? Lelouch can make someone be controlled by Geass for a very, very, very long period of time. He had someone marking up days for the amount of time it worked. Kira can do the same thing, except with death involved, not saying Lelouch can't do the same thing with his Geass though.

I don't particuarly think Lelouch would abuse his power or go on a killing spree just to find Kira, which is something Kira would probably do. It's really hard to say, I think it'd take them awhile and end in a draw somehow. Even if they're both tactician's or a strategist in someway I don't think there's a good explanation as to who would find who first.

tl;dr it would end in a draw or an inconclusive fight

Lelouch also has experience fighting against others who have magical powers unlike Light who has only really ever fought directly against normal humans.

Magicpaper1337 said:
Personally, to someone else remark about how Kira wouldn't be able to find out Lelouch.. If Lelocuh DID decide to make it to the top, what makes you think he'd use a fake name? If he knows nothing about Kira than there'd be no reason for him to hide, as it's a completely different world to them.
It's not the same place, Kira would most likely use the Death Note to get information, while Lelouch would use his Geass, but there's a problem to both of them actually. Geass can only be used on a person once, while Death Note has to kill someone eventually. Now what's more potent? Lelouch can make someone be controlled by Geass for a very, very, very long period of time. He had someone marking up days for the amount of time it worked. Kira can do the same thing, except with death involved, not saying Lelouch can't do the same thing with his Geass though.

I don't particuarly think Lelouch would abuse his power or go on a killing spree just to find Kira, which is something Kira would probably do. It's really hard to say, I think it'd take them awhile and end in a draw somehow. Even if they're both tactician's or a strategist in someway I don't think there's a good explanation as to who would find who first.

The reason why he would create an alias is quite simple.

1. Lelouch knows there is someone else with supernatural abilities other then himself within the city.

2. He is a genius. He would naturally rise with a false name just to be cautious. Not to mention he would most likely use someone else as a figure head. He would then deduce Light's power, before crushing him with his hax dual geass.

In this senario, Lelouch has a MASSIVE advantage. He has an entire city to work with, and is able to secure large amounts of knowledge far more efficiently than Light. Not to mention Lelouch could secure money and power almost instantly, while Light couldn't.

Formeraxe said:
Magicpaper1337 said:

The reason why he would create an alias is quite simple.
1. Lelouch knows there is someone else with supernatural abilities other then himself within the city.

2. He is a genius. He would naturally rise with a false name just to be cautious. Not to mention he would most likely use someone else as a figure head. He would then deduce Light's power, before crushing him with his hax dual geass.

In this senario, Lelouch has a MASSIVE advantage. He has an entire city to work with, and is able to secure large amounts of knowledge far more efficiently than Light. Not to mention Lelouch could secure money and power almost instantly, while Light couldn't.
He would have no reason to create an alias though. I'm sure he wouldn't go around giving his full name away, but he would be cautious, but he wouldn't know anything about the Death note. Light would also have a whole city to work with, sure he doesn't have geass, but even then he'd just be able to use the book, write someones name in it, give it a list of commands, and then have the person kill themselves.

I honestly doubt they'd get very far in finding each other though, because even though Light would be cautious, he would probably still call himself Kira.

I say Lelouch Wins, because his plan was a success, he is getting a season 3 (Just announced today) and he is alive! Light is still dead and failed.

Lelouch: "You face Zero!"

Light: Oh crap another alias guy.... how do I find out his name.

The only reason when Light won against L was because he was working close with him. Lelouch is not a detective and he only works with people he has Geass'd, so.... Light is doomed.

Also, whoever said that Light could use the death note to make suicide bombers, he can't, the death note can't be used to cause the death of someone other than the names written - light had to do some convoluted maneuver to get to people to kill each other with it, and only because he knew both their names.

Is it Lelouch vs. Light or Zero vs. Kira?? That actually matters here. Who's allowed to use an alias and/or wear a mask?

For now I'm giving it to Lelouch for the reasons stated. Also Geass has less restricting rules that need to be paid attention to. I'm gonna just assume Lelouch doesn't have access to his mech.

I'd say Lelouch, since his Geass is much more effective that the Death Note. Whereas Light needs both the face and name of someone to kill them, Lelouch only needs to get close to them. Also there's a good chance that Lelouch would not directly try to challenge Light since if he knows that there is some kind of supernatural opponent that it would be dangerous to try and confront them openly (Lelouch is not some superior physical specimen and resorts to tactics and trickery), so he'd most likely use an alias akin to Zero (since this would protect both Lelouch's name and face it'd be impossible for Light to do anything).

Let's not forget that Lelouch could easily use his Geass to not only brainwash the city's most powerful people, but also to interrogate anyone who he comes across. In the highly unlikely event that the do come face to face, Light has no means of discovering Lelouch's name and face, especially since Lelouch will be in an area where no one knows who he is, whereas all Lelouch has to do is use his Geass. Even if Lelouch goes about using his Geass on a whim unless Lelouch stupidly starts shouting his name Light would have no way of using the Death note

With that in mind I'd say Lelouch has more effective and reliable ways of winning than Light

It's pretty difficult to tell, there are too many variables. I find Light smarter than Lelouch whose plan seemes more like him being lucky than actually skilled. His abilities might be more versatile but, with his wits Light might be able to secure the kill.

But, on the other hand Lelouch, while not as smart as Light, he isn't dumb and with his Geass he is way more versatile than Light. Even in a direct encounter, looking into Light's eyes takes less time than writing down Lelouch's name.

Well Lelouch has the advantage in versatility of powers, but, uhh, it's too difficult, because most of the times i believe tha smarter person will find the way too win.

I say inconclusive. One mistake and Lelouch is dead, same with Light.

Lelouch's plan was a success, Light failed he got cocky and you think Light is more intelligent than Lelouch?

Lelouch' plan was more than a success. It seems as though all of fate is against him throughout the entire series, and he still manages to win. That's some serious Xanatos Speed Chess going on there.

If Light doesn't have Ryuk or the eyes Lelouch has a serious advantage, because if they happen to meet, he can kill him. The fact that he already use a pseudonym also protects him.

I want a chess match though.

TL;DR Light Yagami.

I find it ridiculous to assume Light would lose simply because his plan did not succeed. Firstly, he turned into a villain, while Lelouch was an anti-hero [and we all know the disparity in success rates between such archetypes in fictional works]. Secondly, I'm sure I don't need to prove how unrealistic the reaction of most of the world was in Light's world or the lack of L/N-level supernatural intelligence/thinking in our world. Thirdly, mind I remind you that Lelouch got lucky and was rescued by other people several times [The Black Knights, C.C., Rolo]. Fourthly, by such reasoning we may as well just base the result of every battle between intelligence-based characters on whether their plans succeeded or not. Etc.

I'm assuming they are both in-character.

Lelouch is not as ruthless or heartless as Light. He would not put civilians in harm's way from the get-go on the off-chance that Light is one of the casualties or have the desire to repeat the massacre committed by Euphemia li Britannia.

Lelouch has a slight advantage due to the circumstances and practically of Geass in the short-term, however the Death Note's range makes up for it in the long-term.

Lelouch would treat the mission as a judgment for his less than moral deeds, while Light would think of it as a second chance or the resulting judgment/afterlife for Death Note-users as described by Ryuk.

Our Tokyo is more similar to Light's Tokyo than Lelouch's Tokyo Settlement, making the former more at home and less inclined to assume that he has been transported to another world.

The first piece of information they will consider; the opponent has supernatural powers. Lelouch would at the least assume that he was facing another Geass-user, however Geass-users are not immune to each other's powers and Geass can manifest in many forms, so he wouldn't be as worried as Light, who would at the least assume that he was facing another Death Note-user, making it certain that he would reach a near state of bloodlust to be the first to kill the other at the quickest rate possible.

Lelouch would not use a command such as "Kill yourself, if you have supernatural powers!/if you can't leave Tokyo!" from the get-go. For these orders to even have a slight chance of bringing results, he would need to go around all of Tokyo shouting at crowds of people. Firstly, not practical [9.2 million people]. Secondly, Lelouch is not that reckless. Thirdly, that would make it certain that Light would be the first to find him not the other way around. Fourthly, the first command might not even work on Light, as he personally doesn't have supernatural powers, but that's irrelevant. The second command is not very specific and could cause the death of innocents.

Their first priority would be to secure a temporary or permanent residence and informatio. Lelouch can easily achieve this through his Geass. Light would rely on his charisma/manipulation/looks [Misa Amane nr.2]. It is possible for him to manipulate the actions of individuals without instantly killing them by writing a specific long disease as the cause of death, so no he wouldn't need a job to sustain himself or be at a disadvantage at getting himself to the top.

After securing a base of operations, time to search the internet [I'm serious and assuming that Lelouch would be familiar with our technology]. Each of them would search for key figures/terms from their own world, such as Light searching for L [well-known figure in his world], specific organizations etc, while Lelouch searches for Britannia, the current Emperor of Britannia etc. Now they are both positive that they are in another world.

The second and key piece of information they will consider; the opponent cannot leave Tokyo. Time to reach the top.

Lelouch would not create a mindless horde of loyalist civilians
. I do not believe I have to elaborate on how reckless this would be for his own well-being [No way the media|officials in Japan would be oblivious to such a threat/happening in their own backyard for too long. It would be only a matter of time before the media starts filming and broadcasting his actions and he is gunned down or identified by Light through the internet and killed(search "absolute obedience superpower")] or the impracticability of the task [Direct eye contact with the entire population (9.2 million) of Tokyo].

Neither Light or Lelouch would consider a direct confrontation between each-other due to the fear of facing an opponent with supernatural powers and the fact that they are used to manipulating others to do the dirty work for them.

Each would search on the internet for the highest-ranking officials, the difference being; Light would search for the highest-ranking officials of Japan and possibly the world, while Lelouch would search for those inside of Tokyo. Compare now the firepower they have to work with and who would be faster.

Recall the arrest of Misa Amane, a Death Note-user. The police avoided eye contact, were wearing headgear that hid their faces and made it impossible for her Shinigami eyes to identify them. They also blindfolded her during the arrest. Each of these precautions are effective against a Geass-user like Lelouch [To add onto the fact that such methods are truly effective, recall the headgear that the soldiers were wearing in the episode "Emperor Lelouch"] and Light has at the least assumed that his opponent could be a Death Note-user.

[I'm aware that the Death Note will not be effective if the death of the first victim leads directly to the death of others by that first victim, but this can easily be circumvented.]

While Lelouch is physically walking towards the residence of the people in power [which in themselves would prove time-consuming/difficult to find and enter], Light starts, moments after searching the internet, writing the names of the highest-ranking official of Japan [with the cause of death being a long-term specific disease] to order them to leave, evacuate Tokyo and send in the military armed with the above equipment with the orders to obey and protect Light Yagami [To specify, due to the rules of the Death Note; the military will be ordered to obey and protect a person that matches Light Yagami's physical description, current location and knows a secret password, so we can avoid Light writting his own name in the Death Note]. If we are going for an overkill, he can also write the name of all the world leaders and order them to send their armies to assist him.

Light is now surrounded by bodyguards and orders them himself to find the other remaining person inside of Tokyo and kill him.

• snip*
If Light could control people to the extent you are saying over long durations just by writing that they die of a long term disease, he would have been able to take over his own world very easily. He has been shown to do many experiements on screen alone to determine the limits of the death note, and I'm sure that being a genius he would thought of the disease approach and tested it out.

Seing as how he never used or suggested such a tactic even once, it looks like that's not something he can actually do.

Meanwhile you make it sound like Lelouch would be creating some super obvious lumbering army of zombies or something like a moron and get caught immediately. Unlike Light, Lelouch actually has experience in subverting governemnts from the shadows - even world spanning empires. It seems far more likely that Lelouch would find a way to carefully gain the magical loyalty of key people without suspicion and leverage that to blend into society safely and convincingly.

This is much simpler, safer, and more reliable for Lelouch given his powers than light - and Lelouch has more options. He could place himself into almost any job or position he wanted to using his powers to make his colleagues believe he's doing his job well (or at all), whereas light would need to find somewhere he could actually do the work for real to get the money to get by. Heck, lulu could even just go make money as a gambler or a chess player as he did fine before he even got powers. If light wanted to skip the job and just use his powers to kill and take money, he would only be drawing attention to himself unless he's super careful - so he can't exactly scale up his operations the way lelouch can.

The versatility here more than anything is what gives this to lelouch. He just has so many options at his disposal aside from killing people. If he was ever faced with a detective like L tracking him down, he could turn the detective into his own minion and set him towards tracking down light without even any suspicion since tracking down dangerous individuals on tipoffs is not a strange activity for a detective anyway. Unless Lulu did something really stupid, it would be very hard for light to even realize what his power was until he found himself in an already disadvantaged situation.

Realistically both of these guys would hide in society and try not to make any big moves while they gather information, but in this case the adaptable nature of lulus powers gives him too much of an edge.

It's fairly self-explanatory from the Death Note rules that it is entirely possible.
Rules of the Death Note I:
"After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds."
Rules of the Death Note XXVIII:
"If you write die of disease like before with a specific disease's name, but without a specific time, if it takes more than 24 days for the human to die the 23 day rule will not take effect and the human will die at an adequate time depending on the disease."

I'm not saying he can give them more orders after the 6 minutes and 40 seconds of writing the death details are up. I'm only offering the specific disease rule as a solution to avoid the 40 sec/23 days absolute death rule after the orders have been followed by the victim to avoid suspicion.

Write the name of the person, write a specific disease as a cause of death and write specific dates for the high-ranking officials to leave Tokyo, give the evacuation order and send the army well-equiped as details of the death. Light made numerous criminals inside of jail write messages before their death showing it's possible to make high-rank officals write down orders on a piece of paper.

As for why he didn't make use of this plan on a large scale in his own world, it's fairly simple. Specfically in this case, he only has the official completely under his control not the army that will be sent inside Tokyo. He has to rely on them not being suspicious of him mind-controlling their leader and following his orders, something easier in our world and harder in a world where he got revealed/was under suspicion fairly early to be Kira.

"he would have been able to take over his own world very easily"

How so? Please elaborate, even if he wasn't revealed to be Kira in his own world and made use of this plan. How would he convince the world/armies to bow to him forever? This plan only works because the victory conditions are killing another indvidual.

"Meanwhile you make it sound like Lelouch would be creating some super obvious lumbering army of zombies or something like a moron and get caught immediately."
I don't see why that is a wrong assumption considering how Schneizel behaved after Lelouch ordered complete obedience from him to Zero. Unless Lelouch gives specific commands to every person he puts under his complete control, they will be an army of zombies that follow him around.

Regardless, that was not my point. Have you not read the previous replys that are saying that it is practical and rational for Lelouch to turn the entirety of Tokyo into his slave or send it on a killing spree and he would somehow "eventually" win like the world would be oblivious to his actions? I don't see anyone disagreeing with them. My argument was meant to show exactly how moronic and out of character such actions would be.

"It seems far more likely that Lelouch would find a way to carefully gain the magical loyalty of key people without suspicion and leverage that to blend into society safely and convincingly."
If he was given enough time by Light. Light has at the least assumed that he was facing another Death Note user. Lelouch needs to actually find these key people and get in range of them, while Light can just write their names the instant he finds them on the internet, which he will do even simply to make it impossible for the other possible Death Note user making use of them:

Rules of the Death Note XV:

"When the same name is written on more than two Death Notes, the note which was first filled in will take effect, regardless of the time of death."

"If light wanted to skip the job and just use his powers to kill and take money, he would only be drawing attention to himself unless he's super careful - so he can't exactly scale up his operations the way lelouch ca."
You make it sound like they both need to gather money to fund armies themselves, when they only need enough to get by and as I already said the specific disease rule can give Light enough time to succeed.

"If he was ever faced with a detective like L tracking him down, he could turn the detective into his own minion and set him towards tracking down light without even any suspicion since tracking down dangerous individuals on tipoffs is not a strange activity for a detective anyway."
I don't think you ponder much on your hypothetical situations. For a detective to decide to follow Lelouch, it would mean that he was not being low-key. For Lelouch to turn him into a minion, he would need to make direct eye contact with that detective. If that detective was similar to L, he wouldn't show himself before Lelouch without having even the slightest clue of the limit of Lelouch's powers [L knew before showing himself to Light, that Light needed both a face and a name to kill others]. What order will Lelouch give him for the detective to have the slightest chance to find Light? "Track down suspicious individuals with supernatural powers"? I don't think that will get him very far inside of a city as large as Tokyo.

"Unless Lulu did something really stupid, it would be very hard for light to even realize what his power was until he found himself in an already disadvantaged situatio. "
He would have at the least assumed that he was facing a Death Note-user. Lelouch's power and a Death Note's aren't that different if you remove the absolute death rule and the method of application.

"Realistically both of these guys would hide in society and try not to make any big moves while they gather informatio"

I doubt that, I know I'm repeating this a hundred times, but Light has at the least assumed his facing another Death Note-user. Realistically, he would act as soon as possible, simply from the fear of the other person being the first to make those big moves. Why would he give the other person time to act?

"but in this case the adaptable nature of lulus powers gives him too much of an edge"

An edge on what? You haven't written any successful plan that Lelouch can follow to win in time. The plan I wrote still stands and you haven't given any arguments why it would fail and Lelouch would be given enough time to create an underground horde of loyalists and somehow "eventually" find Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back