• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legitimacy of "time-stop" by dante

So,it's quite clear that dante can slow time to extreme degrees,but can he actually stop it? i see the argument being brought up in every VS thread which has dante in it,is that "Dante can stop time with quicksilver"

So,let's discount the bangle of time from this argument first,since it only affects enemies who are weaker than dante and wouldn't work in a fair VS match where the opponent is evenly matched to dante.

So,onto quick silver,the ability itself in game,only slows down time and doesn't stop it,the supposed time stopping feat comes from This cutscene,dante activates quicksilver at about the 0:44 mark,and time is apparently stopped,while he pushes up the large rock,from 0:55 and onwards you can actually see the rocks falling slowly(even the rocks that dante didn't touch),while quicksilver is active,so either of two conclusions can be drawn from this,which are

1-Quicksilver isn't time stop but rather slows down time to absurd degrees.

2-Quicksilver is actually time stop but as soon as dante interacts with any thing around him,time starts to flow,albeit slowly(less likely and seems like an inconsistency and fallacy)

so,does he "stop time" or not? since i see it brought up in every dante battle,can he actually perform a legit time stop?

and IKR,it's just that I am not familiar with DMC and i see lot of topics about dante and the next time i post something on them,i better know stuff properly.

it is time manipulation, meaning when you have no resistance over it, you will get affected either way to a near-standstill

however quicksilver is not a legit and accurate time stop

not to mention that bangle of time technically is also not a complete time stop if we take in-game events

I do think it slows down time instead of stopping it completely, from what I gather looking at that video.

hmmm i rewatched it and it seems Dante did stop it but when he poked the rock it was slowly starting to move again so he got out of the way i believe he consumed a lot of his DT to perform it the first time so i think it is time stop but it is very very short as things will start to move slowly then move freely when it ends

No, the debris was still drifting for quite a while in slow motion despite him removing self-contact. I do believe it's a time slow.

TheMightyRegulator said:
No, the debris was still drifting for quite a while in slow motion despite him removing self-contact. I do believe it's a time slow.
hm i can't really tell anymore lol

Back