• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legendary Heroes: Link vs Iihiko

TriforcePower1 said:
That won't kill iihiko though.
It will BFR him.Link clearly wins by luring Iihiko into a volcano, causes an eruption, sends Iihiko to space where he will become an immortal rock that eventually stopped thinking He might actually do that, eventually.

An ability needs to force recognition to work on Iihiko. Music DOES force recognition, because you cannot not hear it, and if you hear it you're affected. Link uses music, Iihiko hears it, Iihiko falls asleep because the song is a really good lullaby.

Or hears the Song of Healing and finally finds peace of mind and passes away.

Except I don't think that's how it works at all, or they could have simply used any ability on Iihiko that just needed sound. Even Ajimu would have just needed an ability that used sound.

Like, have you actually seen any scans from the manga? He knows a bunch of swords were stuck on his back, he was shock by lightning, and someone kicked him suddenly, but to him those simply aren't attacks. Recognizing has nothing to do with him being able to perceive with his senses, or he'd just need to go blind and that's all she wrote.

I've made the match to celebrate me finishing to read Medaka Box lol

I mean, what would be the difference between styles and sound based skill, honestly? It's most likely just an aspect of Medaka Box being Metafiction that made Iihiko, the hero, win against Ajimu, right? I remember seeing that in some old thread, so that's not really an argument.

Considering that Medaka previously had The Hero as a thing and was then yeeted out, I am not too sure.

And the difference is that styles pretty much work by cooperation. Again, Medaka doesn't become a raging lunatic that can't talk or understand basic language skills in her War God form, but Styles didn't work. Think of an EX Rank Mad Enhancement Berserk from Fate. They behave like they are rational, but there's only an exchange of words and no real communication, because you can't communicate with them unless you understand in what terms to do it. War God Mode Medaka is simply too submerged in rage for any communication, and Iihiko doesn't care about it. Again, the entire fact that Yuzuhara used Contradiction Style and couldn't do anything while Zenkichi did despite Yuzuhara being a much better fighter compared to Zenkichi settles it that without communication styles wouldn't work. And Iihiko isn't interested, but he was in the body of Zenkichi's closest friend and couldn't help it.

TriforcePower1 wrote

I mean, what would be the difference between styles and sound based skill, honestly? It's most likely just an aspect of Medaka Box being Metafiction that made Iihiko, the hero, win against Ajimu, right? I remember seeing that in some old thread, so that's not really an argument.

Ugh, just because you are right doesn't mean you are correct. You are both right and wrong there. It is not assumed that the fact that ajimu lost is pis, but she could have won if she had not cared about medaka and the others since she could have just created another universe and jumped there forgetting about iihiko. But that's not winning in the literal sense.

Point is she could have managed that fight but not cus sound abilities work, no abnormality or minus works on iihiko and that's a fact. Not even sound based ones.

Back