• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legendary Heroes: Link vs Iihiko

No musical ability will trouble iihiko unless he lets Link pull out his ocarina and play the song. Even then, musical abilities mid-battle are rare in TLoZ.

Iihiko cannot stop Link, that's the problem, as he cannot even hit Link. And if Link knows that's his only chance to win, he's going to use it.

Firephoenixearl said:
The music abilities are not understanding based though or at least that's what I'm getting from it. They won't even work at all. Just cus they are music doesn't mean they will work they have to be understanding based.
Styles are faaaaar from understanding based. Kanji user could still use her powers even when Naze didn't understand how it worked. Hell, one style is literally music that's above normal human frequency meaning they cannot even hear it. Music in Zelda definitely counts as a style.

TriforcePower1 said:
No musical ability will trouble iihiko unless he lets Link pull out his ocarina and play the song. Even then, musical abilities mid-battle are rare in TLoZ.
Iihiko cannot stop Link, that's the problem, as he cannot even hit Link. And if Link knows that's his only chance to win, he's going to use it.
He will, eventually.

I mean, Iihiko has no reason to recognize it though? The only moment at which he really recognized a Style unless I am forgetting something is when Zenkichi used Contradiction Style to go at him.

Even like this, Nienami makes it clear he's the best suited one for the job because Iihiko is in Shiranui's body and it likely wouldn't work otherwise.

Firephoenixearl said:
The music abilities are not understanding based though or at least that's what I'm getting from it. They won't even work at all. Just cus they are music doesn't mean they will work they have to be understanding based.
Styles are faaaaar from understanding based. Kanji user could still use her powers even when Naze didn't understand how it worked. Hell, one style is literally music that's above normal human frequency meaning they cannot even hear it. Music in Zelda definitely counts as a style.

Dude... that's the whole idea of styles they are understanding based if your opponent doesn't understand the word play it won't work which is why it doesn't work on frenzied opponents as they do not understand words. Magical music is FAR from being a style. It being word based doesn't make it force recognition, otherwise oudo's abnormality would have worked on iihiko cus it's word based.

The idea of why styles work is because understanding words is the trigger to them working. So you can't understand and not recognize them at the same time.

Instruments won't work.

Styles mainly work based on communication, actually. War God Medaka is unaffected because she turns into a "bestial mindset" that entirely shuts off any possibility for communication or something to that effect.

Also Fire, try not to quote long messages. Turns the thread longer and harder to load.

The God Of Procrastination said:
If styles are based on you understanding words, does that make squids immune to them? Also, in that case, how do they work on inanimate objects?
They don't work on things that don't understand words.

@Sir yes but by communication the key is understanding. So if someone can listen and understands what you're saying they will work. That's what I mean. Link's music is far from it though, it will never work.

I know sry about that, I'm on my phone so it's a pain to remove those.

I'm fairly certain that ice doesn't understand words.
No, but her opponent does. You understand words that's why if a style can make your chair break it will break. If you're not there, if no one is there the style cannot make the chair break as there is no one to understand the style there. Get the idea?

I'm fairly certain that ice doesn't understand words.
They don't all follow the same idea. For those that manifest effects, understanding the language rules that make the effect manifest means you can manipulate it as well. That's what happened with Naze using Sui's Kanji Style that causes effects.

All in all, at no point have the styles been shown really doing anything without someone to affect them with. And in one way or another, the effect is directly related to the person they are fighting.

You mean just like the other thread ovo?

Styles still need people to hear them, never said that. But they not need to "understand" them, as we see from the kanji user or the lullaby user, especially the latter that only needs people to "hear" her song, but because it was ultrasound, they couldn't really "understand" it because they didn't even realize it was there.

Anyway, we're over analyzing styles. The reason they work on Iihiko is because he can understand words. So songs will reach him because he can listen to music.

You are using understanding wrong, very wrong Triforce. You don't literally need to understand the ability, the understanding is about communicating with someone. Medaka in War God Mode isn't a mindless brute that suddenly loses her basic language skills, she's just so consumed in rage she doesn't care or attempt to communicate and the style fails.

Zenkichi was the one to confront Iihiko as Shiranui because Shiranui and him understand each other deeply. Yuzuriha copying Nienami's Contradiction Style was still unable to do anything to Iihiko unlike Zenkichi.

I'd like to remind you that Medaka nearly defeated Iihiko simply because she was using a very unrefined style which was literally just using vibrations to bring blood to her tissues even after heart failure.

Sound based stuff that requires the opponent to hear it in general works against Iihiko

TriforcePower1 said:
Anyway, we're over analyzing styles. The reason they work on Iihiko is because he can understand words. So songs will reach him because he can listen to music.
It's really not that simple. Understanding means connecting in this case.

Oudo also has word based abilities but it didn't work cus it is not based on communication. Your music is the same just random hax that's being conveyed through music doesn't make it a style nor does it bypass immunity. It has to be communication based which this music case is not for it to work on iihiko.

That had nothing to do with it...? Iihiko merely recognized her attack, meaning it would have affected him. Rather, it affected him. That's an issue of his subjective recognizing, and considering he wasn't surprised at all when she used the vibration of her body to essentially make her whole body a heart, it's obvious he didn't care about her attack. It's only when he sees that she's clearing the barrier of air pressure for the real attack that he is surprised and his expression changes.

TriforcePower1 said:
I'd like to remind you that Medaka nearly defeated Iihiko simply because she was using a very unrefined style which was literally just using vibrations to bring blood to her tissues even after heart failure.

Sound based stuff that requires the opponent to hear it in general works against Iihiko
Oudo, screams and more word based abilities that don't work on iihiko say hi.

Oudo's ability is just to transmit electricity to disrupt brain. That's 100% different.

And I can just say that styles are just random hax conveyed through words, but that would be false. Zelda songs aren't hax conveyed through music, the songs themselves are hax just like styles, and just like people can understand words, humans can also understand music. Just the Goron Lullaby, for example, is literally just a lullaby, but it's so good it can put people to sleep in seconds. It's not conveyed by music, the hax is the music itself.

That really doesn't change the fact that Fukurou supposedly made the styles to combat Iihiko, but it had to be Medaka that defeated Iihiko using a move entirely unrelated to styles, and then it had to be Zenkichi that did it while Iihiko was in the body of his closest friend, and Yuzuriha using the very same style to hold Iihiko off despite being skilled enough to battle Medaka only ended in her stalamating and being unable to do anything at all.

So no, you are oversimplifying things and dropping context.

Yes it's the words that you understand that cause that effect though so how come? Cus it's not communication that's the basis.

Yes but the music is not based on understanding. That music will just get negged. Music starts playing. Iihiko doesn't know what's supposed to happen therefore cannot recognize it. The music gets negged. It HAS yet be based on understanding or communication for it to bypass immunity. The fact that the music is not based on communication means it won't bypass it

Smol question:

"Iihiko cannot stop Link, that's the problem, as he cannot even hit Link. And if Link knows that's his only chance to win, he's going to use it."

If you think this, why did you create this besides to give Link an easy win? My little biased OP. If Iihiko cant hit Link he cant fight.

If you wanted a moar fair battle assuming what you said was true you should have used a especific Link and not Composite.

Except possession is a specific thing Iihiko does with the Shiranui clan vessel prepared for him. Otherwise they wouldn't need to go through the trouble of preparing someone for him.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Except possession is a specific thing Iihiko does with the Shiranui clan vessel prepared for him. Otherwise they wouldn't need to go through the trouble of preparing someone for him.
Everyone who defeats iihiko will become a vessel. Go to yhwach vs iihiko on my first post i explain why it is so.

Back