• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda downgrades. Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Continued from here, due to that the thread was too long.

Is there anything left to address or discuss? I feel all points have gotten across by now.

I hope people will fully read the thread before continuing here.

ShadMorgen said:
Is there anything left to address or discuss? I feel all points have gotten across by now.

I hope people will fully read the thread before continuing here.
I just read the Death Battle analysis by their research team and saw that you were a guest. Proud of ya, man. Along with homestuck. After reading through it, I'm understanding where you're coming from.

The real cal howard said:
I just read the Death Battle analysis by their research team and saw that you were a guest. Proud of ya, man. Along with homestuck. After reading through it, I'm understanding where you're coming from.
Does that mean that this thread has concluded?

• ToC Link is still Multi-Continent Level via powerscaling from Faro
  • Demise is still Planet Level via power-scaling from Gano, the Hyrule Hystoria also states that Demise can destroy the world.

" Complete full Triforce is a single planet wide reality warping wish, that's about all you can get from it."

- Just going to answer this is completely disproven in ALttP where a world literally falls apart if the complete Triforce is removed. Other than that I don't care for Hyrule Warriors and the Master Sword is not as powerful as the Full Triforce.

SeiryuShin said:
" Complete full Triforce is a single planet wide reality warping wish, that's about all you can get from it."
- Just going to answer this is completely disproven in ALttP where a world literally falls apart if the complete Triforce is removed. Other than that I don't care for Hyrule Warriors and the Master Sword is not as powerful as the Full Triforce.
A complete triforce supporting a world doesn't prove that it passively boosts whoever has it. From what we've seen they have to make a wish to make use of it.

The Triforce piece protected Link from the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess so it kinda does

At this point I'm just nearly tired of this thread, I've consistently made all of my points as clear as I can. Spent most of last week on this, and I don't have the time anymore, lol.

Just going to wait for a verdict at this point.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. Just want you guys to know that it's not like I'm spiting the verse, or that this even has anything to do with Death Battle in anyway. I'm a HUGE LoZ fan(if ya hadn't guessed already), I just hate seeing verses I like get wanked beyond all reason. I prefer verses I like to stay at their actual tiers and powers. I'm saying this because I remember one or two people in the previous thread accusing me of bias because of the DB or something, which I ignored.

If anyone has any legit questions, that haven't been addressed at least five times I'll likely reply and address them. Otherwise, I'm just going to wait for the verdict.

SeiryuShin said:
The Triforce piece protected Link from the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess so it kinda does
This is a new one. It's a passive ability of the individual pieces of the Triforce, Zelda's protected her too. In no way, shape or form does this mean that the full triforce provides a boost of any kind. In fact, when the Triforce gets full assembled we never actually see anyone in "possession" of it. It becomes physical, at which point you must touch it and make a wish.

Ganon has the Full Triforce in the Downfall timeline after killing both other holders of it. The... roughly two times Link has it he almost immediately wishes on it, if i recall correctly

@ShadMorgen Well, I am starting to lean in the direction of agreeing with you, but given that this is an important revision thread, you really should place messages on the message walls of all the administrators and moderators, asking for input here in this thread. You can tell them that I asked for it.

ShadMorgen said:
SeiryuShin said:
This is a new one. It's a passive ability of the individual pieces of the Triforce, Zelda's protected her too. In no way, shape or form does this mean that the full triforce provides a boost of any kind. In fact, when the Triforce gets full assembled we never actually see anyone in "possession" of it. It becomes physical, at which point you must touch it and make a wish.
iirc it's been stated multiple times that Ganon gets power from the ToP.

Antvasima said:
@ShadMorgen Well, I am starting to lean in the direction of agreeing with you, but given that this is an important revision thread, you really should place messages on the message walls of all the administrators and moderators, asking for input here in this thread. You can tell them that I asked for it.
Oh all of them? Will do so later. I only left messages on around 5 or so, I will leave messages for all of them this evening, thanks.

Although i don't know anything about said verse (again) ,but i think that what the OP says sounds reasonable and if other members support said statements about the weapons being non-cannon etc. i have no problem with the changes.

Note: I haven't nor will i read the previous comments.

There's a lot to read through.

I agree with the OP on the things established on the old thread. No problem with the changes.

Okay then. I would prefer more staff comments before clearing him to start revising the Zelda pages though.

Antvasima said:
Okay then. I would prefer more staff comments before clearing him to start revising the Zelda pages though.
  • While Majora is likely > than ToC, the ToC can still be scaled to Multi-Continent Level via Faro.
  • The fact that Ganon is Planet Level makes the statment that Demise can destroy the planet not hyperbole. Also Demise could just be scaled to Planet Level via Gano.
  • The golden gauntlets calculation clearly explains why Link is flipping the planet.

I noticed no one actually argued it being non-canon and the only canon information implies the characters, even when amped, are less than or comparable to multi-continent characters. This seems reasonable.

What makes Ganon Planet level specifically?

UncleSpaceman said:
He was in possession of the full Triforce, which is capable of at least Planet-wide reality warps.
Man, have you not been following the thread? This does NOT mean he scales in any way. We have already determined that being in possession of the full Triforce does not mean that is a stat boost to planet level. It's a single wish. In no way, shape or form does this make the Demise statement less hyperbolic.

ShadMorgen said:
UncleSpaceman said:
He was in possession of the full Triforce, which is capable of at least Planet-wide reality warps.
Man, have you not been following the thread? This does NOT mean he scales in any way. We have already determined that being in possession of the full Triforce does not mean that is a stat boost to planet level. It's a single wish. In no way, shape or form does this make the Demise statement less hyperbolic.
Ganon is in possession of an "omnipotent" power that is at-least Planet Level. The ToP gives Ganon strength and power, so i see no reason why the full Triforce does not do the same.

Okay so i actually don't have any particular care in somethign like this but i'll bite for a few comments.

Can someone kindly tell me a summary of what's the problem here?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Okay so i actually don't have any particular care in somethign like this but i'll bite for a few comments.
Can someone kindly tell me a summary of what's the problem here?
I'll quote myself.

"Composite Link's base AP to be changed to city-island level, as this is where he is correctly placed, through consistent scaling to characters that have displayed this power. Firmly island. For Fierce Deity to be put at the next bracket of AP, at multi continetal, due to it defeating Majora, who no one else scales to.

Obviously similar changes to other characters would be completely necessary.
"

From about halfway down the last thread. When I asked Alakabamm for input at the very end of the last thread, I addressed all his questions, which may also help. Lemme know if need anything else.

ShadMorgen said:
I'll quote myself.

"Composite Link's base AP to be changed to city-island level, as this is where he is correctly placed, through consistent scaling to characters that have displayed this power. Firmly island. For Fierce Deity to be put at the next bracket of AP, at multi continetal, due to it defeating Majora, who no one else scales to.

Obviously similar changes to other characters would be completely necessary.
"

From about halfway down the last thread. When I asked Alakabamm for input at the very end of the last thread, I addressed all his questions, which may also help. Lemme know if need anything else.
Faron, Eldin, & Lanayru together are weaker than Demise. This is evident by how Faron, Eldin, & Lanayru were unable to stop Demise. However the Triforce was able to stop Demise. Hence any of the 3 pieces of the Triforce should be stronger than Faro, who is Continent Level.

So, the ToC and ToP can be scaled to Multi-Continent Level via Faro

Alright i'm back. Had to sleep due to a rough day in college.

• Cough* Okay besides that.
@Shadmorgan: So Link should be changed to Island level which has been his most consistant level of power, with Fierce Deity as Multi-Continent. Hmm alright.

@CrossverseCrisis

As i said before

"Faro, Eldin, & Lanayru together are weaker than Demise. This is evident by how Faron, Eldin, & Lanayru were unable to stop Demise. However the Triforce was able to stop Demise. Hence any of the 3 pieces of the Triforce should be stronger than Faro, who is Continent Level."

So Link with the ToC should be Multi-Continent Level via power scaling from Faro. None of the stats really need to be changed, only the reasoning.

As for Demise, it should be added that he is comparable to Gano, to make the Planet destruction statement not hyperbole.

@Uncle: But then we lead to Link being Multi-Continent by scaling from Faron. Okay.

And finally Demise being comprable to Ganon. Hmm.

I'm seeing Faron being brought up a lot now. The calc revolving around her feat relies entirely on scaling from this [map]. I understand video games maps are not always to scale, but this one just takes the cake. Not only are the distances between each region completely obscured and unknown, the small town of Skyloft would take up huge chunks of these areas!

This isn't the same as using logical pixel scaling like the kind we see in Chrono Trigger's calcs. In those instances we get a very clear grasp of the areas of the CT world's landmasses and continents. Here? This map might as well be pretty pictures. Nothing to base a supposedly indisputable calc on

If that wasn't enough, just look at the [Faron Woods] for yourselves. It certainly doesn't appear like an area hundreds of kilometers wide. Hell, there are cities larger than this area if we compare the Tree's size to its surroundings. And you can't argue that Faron's flood would extend past the horizon either, as the mountains in the distance would surely contain the water

Metabro said:
I'm seeing Faron being brought up a lot now. The calc revolving around her feat relies entirely on scaling from this [map]. I understand video games maps are not always to scale, but this one just takes the cake. Not only are the distances between each region completely obscured and unknown, the small town of Skyloft would take up huge chunks of these areas!
This isn't the same as using logical pixel scaling like the kind we see in Chrono Trigger's calcs. In those instances we get a very clear grasp of the areas of the CT world's landmasses and continents. Here? This map might as well be pretty pictures. Nothing to base a supposedly indisputable calc on

If that wasn't enough, just look at the [Faron Woods] for yourselves. It certainly doesn't appear like an area hundreds of kilometers wide. Hell, there are cities larger than this area if we compare the Tree's size to its surroundings. And you can't argue that Faron's flood would extend past the horizon either, as the mountains in the distance would surely contain the water
What you said here is just wrong...

Obviously similar changes to other characters would be completely necessary."

Well, I, personally, don't have a problem with it.

Just gonnna adress a few things quickly. (Been busy lately so haven't had much time to check the thread)

Scaling Demise to Ganon, which is planet off a bunk theory is just pure folly that has been debunked. Aside from that, why would Demose scale to a wish, when he himself sought the Triforce?

Metabro has explained why Faron is derpy, so I don't need to say more. However. The calc itself yielded continent level iirc, so why are you saying it puts Link at multi continental? That's just wank breh.

Thanks to everyone who has checked the thread and given their input by the way.

Well in any case, i'm just gonna go with what's reasonable and say that your reasons are alright to go by, Shad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back