• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Left 4 Dead Survivors physical buffs

So currently the left 4 dead profiles have street-level for physical but with no evidence. they should be athlete level since they are capable of beating down common infected seen in trailers and in-game it isn't hard to take down one with just your bare hands utilizing the pill jar which is just a punch so maybe nerf it

I made a calc for the tank throwing that slab of concrete with enough force to pulverize the section which got wall level + so characters that can scale like well the tank, the survivors durability, the witch, and the charger. also this calc was accepted

the firearms should scale to their durability since in-game it hurts other survivors as well as the melee weapons

so yeah any problems with that?

I'm confused, what's up with the 10-A if they just scale to wall+
the survivors are never seen physically contending with the tank or anything aside from common infected who are only 10-A and these things are just fodder to the tank while the survivors can actually survive hits from the tank

Heya, sorry for barging in so late.

All characters in l4d have a melee attack.

The survivor's melee kills the common infected in 4 hits. I guess that's the reasoning for the 9-C rating. It also deals a bit of damage to the special infected, so that's something.

Btw, if a survivor melees a teammate, it will deal absolutely no damage, but shooting another survivor will.

Maybe but I think they should just be 10-A since it doesn’t look like they’re that much stronger than the common infected

Fair. Still, their melee attacks can kill the Special infected, so I think keeping them 9-C makes more sense.

I don't agree since in the real world if you were to walk up to a boxer and hit him with a bat it would still be able to kill him like any other human being so I think 10-A for AP physically should be there

By "melee attack" I don't mean attacks with their melee weapons, I mean the shove. It kills common infected in 4 hits and staggers Special Infected.

In this clip that you've shown, Coach punches a common infected and it goes down just like that. It would make more sense that Coach was 9-C if he can KO. 10-A's with such little effort.

Plus, the survivors can push back multiple common infected at once with one shove in-game, so, yeah.

Yo, just found out that there's a special animation that happens when a survivor punches a Hunter while they're pouncing, the Hunter's vision gets blurred and a red filter is added to it, like, the survivors punch clearly affects him. I can't find any evidence of it for the life of me, checked the wiki and all, but I swear it's happened to me a couple times.

Yo, just found out that there's a special animation that happens when a survivor punches a Hunter while they're pouncing, the Hunter's vision gets blurred and a red filter is added to it, like, the survivors punch clearly affects him. I can't find any evidence of it for the life of me, checked the wiki and all, but I swear it's happened to me a couple times.
maybe make a recording of it remaking this effect with a pal or something

Heh, like any of my friends are playing L4D nowadays. Would be fun though.

Anyway, the technique is called "deadstopping", but I've yet to find a video or something that shows it from the Hunter's perspective. Still, it only takes the survivors five punches to kill him, that should be enough to justify a 9-B rating, right?

It should stay 9-C or higher
Common infected can already destroy wooden to steel doors after some hits and you can also do that with less hits needed (the normal ones, not safe room and that steel door located on Dead Air Chapter 2 after leaving the safe room). If the trailer is worthy using as canon (which propably is since it leads directly to No Mercy Chapter 1 and all feats depicted in the trailer are also done in game) , Louis survives being attack by Hunter and Francis survives being hit by Tank while using common infected as blunt weapon and Tank throwing car with a punch could be calced if it isn't just downgrade from his in game feats.
There's also tank punching big rock in Coldstream.

Also, why they wouldn't be able to hurt eachother? All physical feats from the survivors are the same, even friendly fire lines states they can hurt eachother (and not just mere small friendly fire damage).

Back