• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leaving the Wiki

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I want to keep this short but probably won't. Suffice it to say, I'm done. This is my 5th year on the wiki and I think it's time to hang it up and call it quits. It's been a ride to be sure. I've made tons of friends on the site that I will probably still keep in contact with after my leave, so I won't call them all out by name, but they know who they are. As for my reasons for the leaving, it's simple: It's just not fun anymore.

I've been on this wiki for about 3 different eras now and I've seen it change so much that sometimes I barely recognize it. But one thing remains constant, the Old Guard always leaves. I've grown tired and weary of threads that never get completed and going on one-man crusades to fix my favourite verses. Over time, it stopped being a hobby and started being work. It didn't help that the status quo was shifting in a direction I didn't like. The growing dissent against the staff and the elitist mindset has made me question my position. Honestly, it sucks. On the one hand, your opinion isn't valid if the majority doesn't agree with you. On the other, people cry abuse of power if you wave around the staff position and get shit done. At this point, there's no winning. So over time, you stop bothering to try. And at the end, you stop having fun.

On a lighter note, I'm leaving behind a legacy of verses that will probably never get revisited without my leadership. The more hopeful side of me wishes for them to be adopted and given all the care and attention I gave to them. The more cynical side of me wants to watch them burn once people realize nobody is manning the helm anymore. (Good luck on that 1-C SCP revision, suckers)

Now I want to give a shoutout to a few special users:

Mr. Bambu - First real friend I ever made on the wiki. Chill guy and great person to play games with.

The Imp-ress/Zark2099 - A good friend. She's someone who's dedicated to what she enjoys and is good at what she does.

Amelia Lonelyheart/Darkannie - A kind soul. She's rarely ever upset and is a lovely person to talk to.

Dargoo Faust - A snarky, yet genuine person. The man who inspired me to do something about SCP, and look at things through an objective lens and understand the bitter truths about the things we love. I'm sorry I couldn't finish what he started. Then again, Kylo did die without ever fulfilling the legacy of Vader. Poetic, at least.

Agnaa - The pants man. With the ratings of any verse, in this man I trust. He has by far the most objective opinion I've ever seen. I believe he would shoot himself in the foot if it meant getting the proper stats on a page. I admire his dedication to always keeping an unbiased view even when evaluating his favourite verses.

DarkGrath - An adorable little cat. Grath has been nice to me ever since I met him. He is delightful to talk to and a ray of sunshine every time we converse.

Zaratthustra - A fellow connoisseur of manhwa. Thanks for always listening to all my obscure manhwa rants and helping me out with renders too.

Firephoenixearl - Surprising, I'm sure. Although I've gone on record stating my disdain for Earl, he is nonetheless human. Humans make mistakes and we can't all be flawless. As am I. For all the times he's made my blood boil, he also gave me purpose and a will to debate. I admit, debating Earl at worst is hell, but on a good day, the excitement and blood pumping of a structured debate is what kept me going.

WeeklyBattles - One of the Old Guard. Weekly has been on this site for a long time and it is admirable. I remember a time when I looked up to Weekly and was excited for what he had in store for the site. But past dramas have left him bitter and defeated. It's sad watching what this site has done to Weekly and more often than not I fear what I might become if I were ever so attached. I hope Weekly all the best in his endeavors and hope he doesn't push himself too much.

PowerToScale - A good man, and one I can always rely on to help me work on The God of High School.

Drite77 - We rarely speak these days, but I wish you the best in whatever you do. I also hope you're better now than you've ever been. Thanks for helping me with Scissor 7.

Tllmbrg - An abrasive personality with good intentions. He can be misguided at times, but I believe he can be a valuable asset to the wiki.

Greatsage13th - Thanks for helping me with BoBoiBoy. It's nice to see someone support my obscure verses.

AKM sama - Almost forgot he existed. We tease him a lot, but he's a genuine man at heart and gets a lot of shit for the amount of work he does for the wiki. He's behind almost every big wiki project and almost always goes unnoticed. Big props to him.

Also special thanks to anyone who participated in my huge projects like SCP, Plants vs Zombies and Kamen Rider. Sorry to leave some of you hanging but I believe you guys can make it without me maybe.

And that's it. Time to take my final bow and poof off the stage. It's been fun.

Last edited:
Ah rip, good luck in what ever you do next amigo
(Also SCP gonna burn down faster then 682 can adapt)

Sad to see you gone. Didn't expect it to happen for a while with your ongoing verses (GoH) and the ever increasing SCP but guess life is unpredictable and no one can hope to change it's course. I hope you will at least stay on discord but who know what is being cooked in that oven of yours. Best luck my fellow connoisseur.

Wow wait. How dare you make the "leaving the wiki" thread before me Oven?

But i agree with what you said. Although heated, excessively annoying and sometimes even questionable, a debate is a debate. It was always fun knowing i had a verse to throw Rakudai at so that it would get attention and Ikki vs Mori became more and more of a thematic/mematic battle throughout the years.

I understand how you feel about the current wiki state so i see why you would leave, and a little secret, i will be joining you soon enough. I will see ya fam. It's been a fun ride.

Last edited:
I didnt know you as well as the others, but it was fun to get to know you and talk with you when I could. Very sad to see you go as well and am wishing you lots of luck on your future endeavors.

RIP GoH

In all seriousness, take care. I've not been on the wiki for a whole lot but I can respect the work you've done for it and specific verses.

You too, Ovens?

Not gonna lie, this one hurt. You have been one of the best staff members we ever had and your contributions to the wiki are invaluable. As a person, you are very friendly and always fun to talk to. I know we will still talk to each other but I also want to mention that you have been a great friend. I am really saddened to see you go. And quite honestly, I am left speechless. I don't know how to react and what else to say, but I will talk to you in private later after I take it all in and properly register this. Get ready to be spammed when I recollect my thoughts, I am coming for you.

The growing dissent against the staff and the elitist mindset has made me question my position. Honestly, it sucks. On the one hand, your opinion isn't valid if the majority doesn't agree with you. On the other, people cry abuse of power if you wave around the staff position and get shit done. At this point, there's no winning. So over time, you stop bothering to try. And at the end, you stop having fun.
I do however see where you're coming from, and hope this will act as a much needed break for you. I wish to see you back here. Needless to say, you are always welcome back to your old position if you change your mind. And I hope you'll still stick around and show up here and there from time to time.

Take care. You will be missed.

jtphig8.png

Last edited:
You and I had our clashes multiple times, Ovens, but I respect you, so it's pretty shocking to see you leave so suddenly. You definitely were a good staff, and your contributions to the site will be missed.

Yet another short lived about great Admin takes off and leaves.

Anyway, please take care of yourself. I can agree that "Admin abusing their power" does get thrown around way too often. While I do see it on some people, there are others who'd be a lot more lenient on regular users if some staff members aren't forced to carry the weight of plenty of controversial verses single handedly. And while I do still love the wiki for what it is, I do agree that the wiki has as of 2019 grown way to fast quantity wise to the point where quality control has had its drops here and there. It is depressing to see you leave so soon after plenty of others were doing the same, but I can't really stop you. But you're welcome back if you ever start to change your mind.

Yet another awesome staff member has quit the wiki in a brief period of time.

We all really need to make an effort to be much nicer to each other in this community, and not take out our frustrations about the real world on each other, including via Discord or otherwise, or this place risks to gradually fall apart with further crucial members leaving.

It is necessary that we make a great effort to keep this community as a refuge, including when interacting with other members here outside of the forum, because the situation in the world at large does not seem likely get better any time soon, and nothing is made better if we destroy for ourselves by agitating against each other to create extreme hostility and division.

Just look at Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan and KLOL506 for inspiration. They face great oppression in their home countries, but still manage to be constructive and friendly. Let's follow their examples.

Anyway, you have always been a great staff member. Levelheaded, reliable, rational, friendly, and unbiased. I am very sad to see you leave, hope that you will take care of yourself as best as you are able, and that you will eventually reconsider and come back to your old position.

Last edited:
Zaratthustra - A fellow connoisseur of manhwa. Thanks for always listening to all my obscure manhwa rants and helping me out with renders too.
Always sad to see a connoisseur go. We didn't talk much, sure, but I appreciated all our convos, if you even remember me.

Also, for the last time Ovens it's manhua, not manhwa :'). unless you did mean those Korean ones this time, kek.

Take care man.

Ouch, this old man comes for a visit once and this is what he sees...

Its understandable all things considered. Everyone had it rough this year, so it being the boiling point for many was predictable. Know that this place won't be the same without you son, know that you have earned the respect and love of many on this place and know that you are always welcome to this awesome community, even with its ups and downs.

I will miss you.

Damn this sucks. You worked your ass off to keep a lot of verses afloat and I never seen you involved in much drama, if any. You deserve a break.

Best of luck to you.

I am finally the king of kitchen appliances.

Oh yeah also good luck in the future and whatnot. I don't think I actually saw you on the wiki that much but on discord it was nice to see you be objective when it came to ranking your own verses.

Well damn... the time has really come.

I hope you have great success with your future endeavours and wish you good luck and goodbye Ovens.

Man, I’m not even a part of the wiki currently and this one hurt.

I can completely understand the decision though, and honestly I felt you gave too much good faith and hard work to people who shouldn’t have deserved it, not naming any names.

And like I mentioned on another thread - this is a hobby. I’m glad you made the call to prioritize having a constructive hobby rather than continuing on with something that wasn’t making you happy.

It's hard for me to write anything long or meaningful because it's a massive bummer to see someone like you leave, so I'll just wish the best for you instead.

I usually can conjure up a lot to say, but I think here all I can say is that I'll really miss you, because I will. This is mostly because this does hit me and even though I saw it coming, it still comes as a shock.

You're an awesome guy, Ovens, never change. Stay safe.

See ya Ovens. We discussed a little about Wolf VS Matches, but it always a nice discussion, always polite and always constructive. The wiki knows the problems, but do nothing to fix it, then they will lose a lot of members and staff members like that.

Best of luck.

If you're gonna write out my name, ping me ************, this stuff is important smh.

I won't act as though you're dying since we still have you on Discord and I don't think you can escape at this point. We'll still Borderlands and you'll still pulverize everything before I can re-learn the controls on PC.

However, we are now down another staff member I deem worthy. Suffice to say you'll be missed. You are the first of this string of leavings to really affect me since Hellbeast retired last year. Fare ye well, son. You know where to find me, trapped in VSBW.

the D&D voodoo man salutes ye

...Damn. This one hurts a little to read, actually.

But, I understand why this had to be done. You were by far one of the best staff members this wiki has ever had the pleasure of keeping on board, but it's not your work. Neither should it be treated as your work. If it's no longer enjoyable for you, than it's probably best to leave before it gets even harder to. And, well, I'm glad I've been a ray of sunshine for you, Ovens. You deserve to be happy, wherever you end up in life.

I just wish I had more to say for the goodbye of a good friend. But... well, the simple goodbyes are sometimes the best. See you around.

Back