• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends General Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most striking thing about Brand and Ryze is that they are able to perform magic inside petricite vaults and petricite forests surrounded by petricite trees. They are not supposed to be able to use magic inside these locations.

https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/galio/

Exhausted from days without rest, the refugees hid among the shadows of an ancient, petrified forest. The sorcerers that pursued them suddenly found their magic to be ineffective in the strange woods.

Ryze and Brand can overwhelm these locations' anti-magic effect... can you imagine how powerful they would be if they fought at no-holds-barred locations?

I dont know whether or not i should be excited for or dreading the inevitable LoL vs FT High 6-B matches when the upgrades come along

New stuff for Akali, Shen, Zed, Yi, and Karma

"I feel my satchel against my thigh. It puts me at ease, although I would rather have it on me. From there, I could fire three kunai into three hearts on instinct. Three kills without a thought. Where it is now, I'd have to think a little."

Instinctive Reaction for Akali

"Many of the provinces were soon occupied by the enemy. Despite this, Shen focused on maintaining Ionia's spiritual harmony. So it was, when he was far from home, he felt a jolting imbalance within the Kinkou Order—rushing back, he came upon the survivors of a bloody coup. From them, he learned Zed had raised acolytes of his own, and seized the temple."

Shen can sense when people from the Kinkou Order have been killed

"One acolyte in particular showed boundless potential. Shen taught the girl, Akali Jhomen Tethi, to master the arts of stealth and subterfuge. Her mother, Mayym, had stood alongside Kusho as the Fist of Shadow, and it seemed as though her daughter could follow the same path."

Shen personally trained Akali

Once the story about the destruction the World Runes caused comes out i think it'd be a good time to do all of those upgrades

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/08/champ-insights-ornn/

It was on.

Invigorated by the challenge, Ornn rammed his head into the mountain until it eventually yielded. Legend says all of the mountains and valleys of the Freljord were created during this kerfuffle. When Ornn later thanked the land for their good-natured throwdown, the mountainside opened up to expose its lava-y heart. The land had deemed Ornn worthy of its secrets and bestowed within him the power of fire. What he saw in the flames was a powerful catalyst of change, much like himself.

The most primal and sublime element of Ornn's power is his connection to volcanoes, so for a while, Ornn's ultimate was literally a volcano he raised from the earth. He could channel power into it, causing it to randomly spew lava and boulders everywhere.

Don't forget Ornn and Aatrox upgrades. Link Aatrox's justification to three separate WoGs that Ornn = Aatrox so that it won't be questioned.

"This powerful ability had been dormant until now. It flared with volatile strength, the orbs like pearls of negativity that leached the spirit magic from the world around her, draining the ghost-willow of its life essence. Evard and his friends backed away in horror as the ancient tree twisted, its bark withering to a tarry black."

Life force and magic absorption just from her magic being in the general vicinity

"Syndra rose from the floor, as her frustrations surged within her. She snatched dark orbs from the air, and cast them through her mentor's body, forcing him to feel all of her bitter outrage as he died."

Intangible attacks and empathic manipulation

"Syndra turned her powers against what was left of the temple, sending shockwaves throughout Fae'lor, and draining raw magic from the island itself."

kilometers range with her powers and the abilitt to absorb an entire island worth of raw magic

"The bedrock opened up beneath Syndra, dragging her down to a cavern deep underground—roots pulled her into a pool of living water to suppress her powers, and trap her in a magical slumber.

Syndra dreamed for what seemed an eternity. Most of the world forgot she had ever existed.

War with the Noxian empire divided the people of Ionia, and Syndra was eventually awakened by those who had once stood guard over Fae'lor."

By absorbing enough negative emotions she can overpower even stronger power null (likely tier 6 power null seeing as it was used by Ionia itself)

A really good story easily one of favourites, also wouldnt Syndra have some type of soul manipulation?

"With a horrible, sucking sound, three orbs of utter darkness materialised in the air around Syndra, and began to slowly orbit her. They seemed to swallow the scant light in the cavern, and pull at Sirik's soul, a vile sensation of loathing and despair clutching at her."

"As the ancient, primordial tree perished, the little girl began to lift off the ground, rising into the air. Three light-swallowing spheres of absolute darkness began to orbit around the child."

darkness manip by vitrue of literally destroying light

"With a desperate cry, she stabbed down with her blade, but struck nothing, for she was hauled into the air by some sudden, unseen force. She struggled against it, flailing wildly, but might as well have been trying to fight the rising tide. She was as helpless as a kitten in the mouth of its mother.

Syndra slipped free of the twisting roots that had ensnared her limbs for so many years, and emerged, gasping. Water streamed off her as she rose into the air, hovering several feet above the surface of the pool, shimmering and pulsing beneath her. Dark power radiated from one hand as she kept Sirik held aloft, floating helplessly, and her eyes burned with cold fire."

combat applicable telekinesis

"As Sirik watched, both horrified and fascinated, a helm—or perhaps a crown—grew into existence upon Syndra's head. It coiled around her brow, like darkness given life, to form a pair of tall, curving horns. A bead of pure shadow formed at its center, becoming as hard as a gemstone, and burning with the same power that bled from her in waves."

Creation

"With a horrible, sucking sound, three orbs of utter darkness materialised in the air around Syndra, and began to slowly orbit her. They seemed to swallow the scant light in the cavern, and pull at Sirik's soul, a vile sensation of loathing and despair clutching at her."

Soul manipulation

"How long?" Syndra demanded, her voice cracked and unsteady from lack of use. "How long have I been imprisoned here?"

"Years," spat Sirik. "Decades. We should have killed you long ago."

At least in her 40s or 50s cronologically

"She felt Syndra's hatred surge as a painful stab within her, and she gasped. Then Syndra snarled in fury, and with a gesture sent Sirik hurtling across the cavern."

More empathic manipulation

"Sirik screamed, but there was nothing she could do. With a flick of her wrist, Syndra sent the orb hurtling toward, then through, her brother. He gasped, all the color draining from his flesh, and sank beneath the waters."

intangible attacks and life draining again

"You…" said Syndra, tilting her head to the side, as if trying to place him. "I recognize your soul. You shadowed my dreams." Her expression darkened even more. "You were my jailor. You… You kept me here."

syndra can read souls

"With a sweep of her arm, Syndra sent Kalan hurling down into the waters, into the grasp of the writhing roots. They clamped around his limbs reflexively, holding him under. He screamed, air bubbles billowing around him… and then went still."

more telekinesis

"Her gaze drifted up. At first, she saw nothing but darkness where there should have been stars. With a sharp intake of air, she realized she was looking at the silhouette of the greatest towers and ramparts hanging against the night sky. It hadn't collapsed into the sea—it had been ripped from the island, and lifted toward the heavens."

easily a class m Lifting feat and this was done casually

"As Sirik watched, frozen by the sight, she saw one of the Noxian warships moored in the harbor below lifted from the sea. Men tumbled from its deck like so many ants, falling to their deaths on the rocks below, as the ship was lifted ever higher. Then it fell, smashing back down upon two other vessels, crushing them to splinters. The destruction was catastrophic."

casual class k lifting feat while prwforming the class m feat

She can see how the entire lives of multiple people will play out as well as any potential way their lives can change based on the smallest decisions

ShrekAlmighty said:
A really good story easily one of favourites, also wouldnt Syndra have some type of soul manipulation?
A Rioter on the League boards said she isn't draining anything around her so much as introducing "magical fallout" which then poisons the spirits and presumably souls where she had been using her magic. She's apparently just that powerful.

The exact wording was-

"Without understanding how or why, she is creating "magical fallout" that permanently (?) sours the spiritual energies of the environment nearby."

@Friendly Its stated in both her lore and the story that she's draining them. Like it's not even vague.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Friendly Its stated in both her lore and the story that she's draining them. Like it's not even vague.
And the Rioter deliberately said that was a misconceptio and also people using the term 'leech' as opposed to 'leach'.

"Again - siphon/drain/steal are all 100% not what is happening."

Scathlocke (NA)

Lead Narrative Editor

"This powerful ability had been dormant until now. It flared with volatile strength, the orbs like pearls of negativity that leached the spirit magic from the world around her, draining the ghost-willow of its life essence. Evard and his friends backed away in horror as the ancient tree twisted, its bark withering to a tarry black."

"Syndra turned her powers against what was left of the temple, sending shockwaves throughout Fae'lor, and draining raw magic from the island itself."

There is nothing to misconcieve, nor is the term leech or leach used in the lore or story

WeeklyBattles said:

There is nothing to misconcieve, nor is the term leech or leach used in the lore or story
Bear in mind the story was 'leaked' so it faced a redo in the first place.

To be clear, I posted the thread where someone asked about the lore and the Lead Narrative Editor showed up to explain Syndra's powers.

Her magic when she's feeling negative enough grows in power and leaves magical fallout behind- this is what "drains" souls and spirits. It does not, however, go into Syndra; she is her own entity that produces her own powers. That was what I meant when I commented about it not being a 'drain'.

The power is lost from those entities, hence 'drained'. Said 'drain' does not, however, go to Syndra but is seemingly just lost. Also it's not specifically souls if she's draining magic and life essence as well- neither of those are souls.

Yes, there is a difference between draining and absorbing

If she causes a Fallout that prevents the power she drains from ever returning then that would actually be pretty decent power null

Nope i hope she interacts with a lot of champs and plays a bigger role in the lore(As currently its very unimportant).

Also would be nice to know how Syndra and Zed are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back