• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends General Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Akali is just younger version of new Akali. We already know her mother's name as Tahno. The Fist of Shadows is just a title passed on between fellow ninjas.

"Born among their ranks was Akali, daughter of Mayym Jhomen Tethi, the renowned Fist of Shadow. Mayym and her partner Tahno raised their daughter within the Kinkou Order, under the watchful leadership of Great Master Kusho, the Eye of Twilight."

No the Fist of Shadow was indeed her mother, whose name is Mayym

Sorry got mixed up with some fan theories that Akali's parents are both female. But overall the only difference between old and new Akali is their age.

Well yeah, the abilities are different and you're quite fond of keeping outdated characters, but overall they didn't rewrite much, instead fleshing out her background.

As long as you get the point. This is more like GP in terms of lore updates than Warwick, who needed a completely new background due to retcons.

What the hell is this?

https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/twilight-of-the-gods/

"You all remember when we marched shoulder to shoulder, when Setaka led our Ascended Host to push the emperor's realm to the very edges of the world. I know I remember it well. It was an age of glory, an age of heroes! Cebotaru, you and I rode dragons of twilight to the piercing summit of the world, where all time is as one, and witnessed the creation of the universe."

'where all time was as one when the universe was created'

Sounds like... oh my.

Main article: Chronology of the Universe

In Big Bang cosmology, the Planck epoch or Planck era is the earliest stage of the Big Bang, before the time passed was equal to the Planck time, tP, or approximately 1043 seconds.[17] There is no currently available physical theory to describe such short times, and it is not clear in what sense the concept of time is meaningful for values smaller than the Planck time. It is generally assumed that quantum effects of gravity dominate physical interactions at this time scale.

Zoe: I like watching the end of finite realities!

I guess she can watch their beginnings to then. That's some dope time travel.

We should prepare upgrades for Ascendants when Brand story is released with Ryze Short which can upgrade him to World Rune level.

https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/xerath/

The Day of Ascension arrived and Azir marched toward the Dais of Ascension with Xerath at his side. Nasus and Renekton were absent from the day's events, for Xerath had arranged a distraction for them by weakening the seal on a magical sarcophagus containing a beast of living fire. When that creature finally broke its bindings, Renekton and Nasus were the only warriors capable of defeating it. Thus Xerath had stripped Azir of the only two beings who might save him from what was to come.

Nasus and Renekton are much weaker in the present that result in lower stats but when they were at their peak, they could stop Brand together. The 'being peak' part is where most debaters forgot about this.

Bloodline - Universe of League of Legends But it wasn't enough. It could never be enough. The last time they had fought, Nasus and Renekton had been at the height of their powers. Now Nasus was a shadow of his former glory, and Xerath's power had been growing for centuries.

'Nocturne officially confirmed as a demon'

I now want to continue my research into all demons in lol being embodiments of concepts

Yes there was a whole huge argument between me and regis on whether or not the creature in the story was nocturne (even though the writer himself stated that it was back then) and now it's confirmed again

So Nocturne needs possession and the ability to bring people's nightmares to life. Did the people he brought out the nightmares of die?

Possession, sleep Manipulation, the ability to affect a town's worth or people just by being in the general vicinity, perception manipulation,

Also he can now be bumped upnto 7-C seeing as his magic was able to get through demacian steel that not even Mordekaiser could get through.

Yes, because having official proof is too difficult for peoplelike you Weekly, who love to make assumptions to justify wanking characters.

When the writer says they want to write a story where nocturne is tormenting a town and then they write a story with every possible hint that nocturne is the creature in the story down to his damn in-game lines, thats not just an idea, thats proof.

No, it isn't. That's still an assumption and no matter how right it seems, it is still not proof until they explicitly state things. But what do I know, I'm not the one who still thinks in-game scaling is perfectly valid despite the lore being separate from the game.

The evidence given is more than enough to support it being nocturne in the story even before the recent statement

By this wikis standards it is more than enough evidence, but apparently not for someone who nitpicks things to death for no reason whatsoever

And wiki standards would seem to be very flexible if that were the case. I don't nitpick, I'm just not as ready to wank things to high heaven like you do for nearly everything.

No actually theyre not flexible at all.

If you dont nitpick things then im a potato named steve.

Thats your problem if you think things that a verse with feats more consistent than 95% of the verses on this wiki is wank.

I wish you were a potato, as then you wouldn't be able to post, but not everyone gets what they want.

The feats aren't the main problem, though you do tend to pick the high-ends most of the time. The problem as always is your idea of scaling, which is just your excuse to wank characters.

Real mature regis, real mature.

20+ feats in the verse are all tier 7, its not high ends, its consistency. My idea of scaling is 'scale characters to the charactrrs they scale to as it makes sense to scale them', the same logic we use for every verse on this wiki as its basic, linear logic.

In the Lore they're still the same tiers they are now, ive been gradually removing gameplay scaling entirely

There are still tons of pages where the justifications are 'X can fight Garen/keep up with magical lightning in-game'. It doesn't really seem like much is happening or will happen at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back