• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends General Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i also like her design but i really hate her abilities.

Also it feels like its been too short of a time for a rework, i mean Aatrox was released like 2 weeks ago IIRC.

Yeah she doesnt really feel like Akali

Being untargetable by towers that grant true sight though, thats next level invisibility

Riot did say that there would be a lot of reworks this year

How can anyone actually say this without playing her?

It's just that they released a new champ before instead of a rework. Remember Camille and WW? Or almost every champ/rework release since 2016?

Untargetable =/= unseen and she is still hurt by AOE attacks. She also loses the untargetability when she goes in for a melee AA.

I remember a lot of champion reworks and since i have played league for a couple of years now i can easily tell you that being untargetable by attacks, abilities and turrets is gonna be more annoying than Zoe especially if Akali gets a little ahead.

You can see her position, just like when Evelynn/Twitch/Vayne get hit under stealth, you just can't auto her. The downside is that she loses that when she all-ins.

It's still to early too make snap judgments when her numbers haven't been released. Does no one remember the fuss about Aatrox when the same thing happened?

The problem is that a turret no longer gives me almost any security as she can just W and freely walk up to me unlike Eve/Twitch/Vayne who i could attack or cc as i can target them, and her being revealed after attacking means jack shit when she is an assasin who likely wont take more than 2-3 seconds to burst a sad sorry immobile mage like myself.

And if she somehow gets ahead she can force me out of all the CS considering i cant even stay near minions while they are under turret as her W makes the turret "non-existent".

Everyone was crying cause of him being clunky which is true but i personally by far prefer the current Aatrox over the last one.

That is what assassins are meant to do. That is like complaining that Twitch can delete teams once he has all his items. Do you also complain when Fizz/Zed/Ekko can dive under turrets and get away scot-free?

Again, refer to above.

He's only 'clunky' if you expected a Riven. Otherwise he's just as fine as Urgot or Galio.

That is what assassins are meant to do

Yes it is but difference is unlike Fizz/Zed/Ekko who cant pressure the hell out of me as if they try to dive me they need to use their gap closing abilities to get to me after which they are screwed if they dont manage to burst me and even if they do they will most likely die in the turret dive unless im severly behind or very low on hp, and if they try to save their movement abilities they would need to take a couple of turret shots before getting to me, Akali on the other hand can literally walk up to me while still having her slow and 3 dashes ready for me (2 on ult and one on E)

refer to above

He is clunky as he will almost never get 2 hits with the Q knockup part unless someone like darius is dueling you or you use flash.

Galio and Urgot are great unlike Aatrox who cant hit 2 Qs normally(not including special circumstances) and his W which can always be walked out of if you walk sideways, his E is the worst dash in the game and his ult is a weaker version of Rivens ult with his old passive added to it.

Any of them can pressure you out if they land their damage and you were playing too far up. If you play mages, maybe try to adapt your playstyle instead of complaining? And Zed/Fizz/Ekko all have ways of avoiding/negating turret aggro, so no, Akali isn't unique in this regard.

Yes, Aatrox ***** on immobile champions while suffering against mobile champions. Doesn't make him clunky to play, just different, like how Graves and Lucian are different.

Maybe you're just not good enough to know how to trade/play as Aatrox?

Yes they can pressure me but not under turret unless they wanna die aswell.

Im not complaining? I have no problem with laning against assasins.

Fizz has E which he would need to use to gap close so no unless really fed

Zed is flawed as after his ult he always appears behind me so i can just CC burst him so he is also bad unless really fed

Ekko needs to ult back to avoid it making his turret dive over and unless he is 10/0 Ekko always lacks the damage to 100 to 0 or come close to it.

He ***** on champs early but gets shat on late, a champion is clunky when you literally need to flash or dash to hit your second or third Q on anyone that isnt braindead or trying to duel you.

Never mentioned trading but ok and yes im not good enough to play Aatrox at my rank as i dont play Aatrox.

Neither can Akali, because her only dash pre-6 is targetted and based on you landing the skillshot. W might be nice but she is still a squishy assassin with much less sustain than before, so I doubt that she would dive you 24/7 like you think.

Like a majority of what you said might very well be nothing if her numbers aren't good enough. Since we don't know, I'd refrain against making such assumptions until she hits live and people learn how to play her. I can guarantee that we'll get a montage of players killing themselves because they outplayed themselves.

So Yorick/Nasus/Illaoi are all clunky? And yeah, Aatrox falss of later on, that is what lane bullies tend to do, they get early power for late weakness. Not that he's that bad when he offers a big shield and CC for the rest of his team, unlike most lane bullies.

The fact that someone like TheShy, who's well known in the LPL for his Riven can pick up Aatrox pre-hotfix and dominate kinda disproves any points about him being 'clunky'. That complaint feels like a matter of taste than any inherent problem.

There are literally 0 assasins in the game who would think about turret diving pre lvl 6 so i dont understand your point. Dont think she would dive 24/7 however i know that my turret brings me no safety if she gets even slightly ahead

No shit but that literally counts for every champion in the game, assuming she has the damage similar to her current one or to other assasins she is a problem.

Huh? I really dont understand your point on Yorick/Nasus/Illaoi as unlike Aatrox who CANT hit 2 consecutive Qs if someone is running(unless he burns flash or his dashes) they can miss their abilities but thats cause they are skillshots. Yea late game traded for early game obvious i even said that myself, Offering a big meat shield = good, then that would mean tanks are always good but truth be said they suck ass at the moment(besides Mundo).

So cause some streamer can play and dominate random people in the laning phase with a champion built for that makes his Q not clunky?

This is the same for any fed assassin. And given that we don't have her numbers and scaling, it might not be enough for her to reliably dive turrets. My point overall has always been 'Wait and see'. Can't make an accurate judgment without playing her.

That's the tradeoff for his strong Qs, they don't do anything if you can't land them, like any skillshot. How is this a problem? Tanks are bad because they can't lane well right now like most bruisers and lane bullies and games end before they get items.

TheShy isn't some random streamer, lol. He's the best toplaner in China and one of the best players in the world, who didn't find Aatrox as 'clunky' as most people. If you don't like how his Q feels, that is perfectly fine? Calling it clunky makes it seem like you don't know what exactly is the problem as the word has been overused.

I explicitly said that the assasins are a problem if fed she however doesnt need to be all that fed to be able to "ignore" the existence of my turrets. All i said is that her W is cancer i dont need to wait and see to decide that being immune on any targeted attack is not a good mechanic.

They are strong but they are clunky.

Sure he may not find it clunky but why would ones opinion even if he is the god of league be better than the opinion of most of the community and even then its an opinion based thing. I know exactly what the problem is, its not being able to hit 2 consecutive Qs almost no matter what unless you want to burn flash or are under special circumstances.

Well you haven't actually played against her so I can easily say that you know nothing and your points are meaningless.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Maybe because he and other pros are far better than us and would better know what is 'clunky' or not? As for landing skillshots, all I can say is to practise. No one can perfectly play Ryze or Xerath on first try, they need time to get good.

New Akali also has a knowledge of over 300 pressure points on the human body and how to exploit all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back