• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aizen, when you realize that not even a ultra strong giant statue can realize the same jumping that the spartan guy do

I'm really disliking the new lore for Varus. A Rioter said that there is a lot more lore for him that will be released on the 30th, but the small snippet we got really butchered his old lore. It also kinda threw the song Mortal Reminder out the window since that song was about Varus.

Yeah the new lore is just a bunch of vengeance-hungry edgelords...

Before they had motivation and purpose, now they just are crazy killers.

Once again, no link, but I'll give you a synopsis.

Varus isn't an Ionian anymore, he is a Darkin. He killed people all the time, but eventually got trapped in his weapon, just like Rhaast. Two mortals picked up his bow, so he combined the two of them and took control of his new body (why it wasn't a struggle for power like Kayn was I don't know) with the two mortal spirits trying to gnaw away at his subconscious. So he is a reverse-Kayn. Instead of a mortal being persuaded by a Darkin, he is a Darkin being persuaded by mortals.

I already expected this.

Since Kayn/Rhaast release, Riot is focusing on new characters that are from old aspects of lol (Darkins and Aspects.)

I think the bow being a Darkin is fine, but they erased Varus and made that the Darkin's name. What would be a good new lore is the human's name was Varus, and he struck a deal with the Darkin, he would allow the Darkin to consume him in return for helping Varus hunt down and destroy the Noxians that killed his family. Once he achieve that goal he would then give in to the Darkin in the bow. It would have been way better. Honestly im mostly just salty that they made one of my favorite league songs along with lightbringer obsolete.

Ok, first of all, these are In-Client Bio Updates, meant to be seen in the actual LOL client when you're browsing through your champions. They are only placeholders, and so will not have a full bio like say Lux, who on Universe has a full bio for everyone to see. They are meant to encourage players to go to Universe, which will presumably be updated over time to match the bios in the client. So be patient.

These will be shipped in the next patch, 7.24, which will be coming next week (Aatrox's was the first one, as it was shipped in 7.23). They are still on PBE for now, and haven't been updated yet. Read more here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/11/1122-pbe-update.html#more

The actual link to the bios are all here in this Google doc, and we have quite a list of changes. I'll list them down below.

Changes to In-Client bios: Alistar, Garen, Graves, Hecarim, Kassadin, Kha'Zix, Lucian, Lux, Master Yi, Nami, Nautilus, Nunu, Orianna, Poppy, Quinn, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Shyvana, Singed, Sion, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Tahm Kench, Taliyah, Talon, Thresh, Tristana, Trundle, Tryndamere, Twitch, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel'Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Volibear, Xin Zhao, Yasuo, Zed, Ziggs, Zilean and Zyra.

Discuss away.

"Instantly, a portal opened beneath her and connected to the other place. She fell into the gate. Her mass collided and imploded as she traveled.

It kinda tickles."

Is this Regenerationn or just a reeeeeeally good resistance to spatial manipulation?

Okay, working on the Aspects now, should they just have MFTL+ Attack speed seeing as Panth can destroy stars from Runeterra basically instantly? Or MFTL+ everything?

Shouldn't we add soul manipulation to Varus/Darkins? It really looks that Varus removed their souls and fusioned into a new body.

So reading that comic and his lore, Varus indeed has both matter and soul manipulation. He fused his soul, valmar's, and kai's into a single being and deconstructed their bodies and fusing them together to creat a new body for himself

"But the temple held only damnation, and both hunters were consumed by the unleashed power of the darkin. The very matter of their bodies was unraveled and bound together in a warp and weft of new flesh to craft a perfect body, fit to bear the soul of Varus. What emerged from the temple was a gestalt creature, pale and inhumanly beautiful, part human, part darkin, Varus was reborn as an entity with a war for supremacy being waged in its soul."

Also, the Darkin arent from Runeterra

Also, apparently Varus' arrows can destroy portals?

"The mortal mages of Runeterra wielded wild magic, heedless of the consequences beyond their own world. Their reckless use of magic attracted the hunger of the darkin, who sent their fiercest warriors to conquer this new world. Varus traveled to Runeterra with the second wave of invaders...

They bound him within his crystalline bow, leaving him to howl with impotent rage. By now, the corrupting influence of the darkin was known, and the warrior queen alone wielded the deadly bow in the final battle of the war, loosing the last bolt that broke the bridge to the darkin world forever."

I didn't know there was a darkin world, Varus's feat falls in spatial manipulation I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back