• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Larry Daley VS Frank West (Night at the undead Mall)

Both are at 9-B, Game Larry is used

Both have Standard Equipment up to 9-B

Speed is =

Fight takes place in Willamette Mall

Both are 150 meters away from each other

Fight ends in Death, K.O, or Incap

The Night Guard:0

The Photojournalist:2 (Jackythejack, Necromercer)

Inconclusive:2 (Buttersamuri, HenryWong122)

IMG 5807
Everything in the museum comes to life at night!

Frank-west
Strength of ten men I brought serious pain. Come meet your mate, "Frank West" is my name.

Wouldn't larry be fully capable of sniping frank? His attack power should be a decently good amount superior, and his range is far greater. Healing would cover him if he took any hits if frank got close enough. Frank could heal the same, but they are 1 times items, and he is taking a vast more amount of damage.

I'd say move them within range of each other or it's not that fair at all. Frank can't really do anything because he's so far out of sniper range.

Like I would just put them real close together because Larry seems pretty useful in an up close fight as well

Well. He is good in up close fights via fighting all those ancient guards. But I wouldn't say so much that placing him up close to frank would make it any more fair. I love larry and all, but I would argue while maybe decently within franks level, up close still is something he is worse at, which leaves him in the worse situation. I myself would believe Military > Ancient Guards in training

I mean he still needs to be at least somewhat close to Larry to make this any shape of fair, otherwise he wouldn't even be able to pull off a shot before dying miserable

How about like 100-200 meters away

Not so close frank can overwhelm right off the bat, but he still has some standard guns and such to use on him. Automatics, Pistols, snipers, Ect

Not so far that Larry snipes, but not so close that Frank slaps

Buttersamuri said:
How about like 100-200 meters away
Not so close frank can overwhelm right off the bat, but he still has some standard guns and such to use on him. Automatics, snipers, Ect

Not so far that Larry snipes, but not so close that Frank slaps
hmm alrighty

Is he aware the fights gotta end in death? Cause I can see larry a few times trapping frank more than killing him. It does kinda put his character at a handicap when going for the kill

Jackythejack said:
So what exactly is Larry's ap value for this form becuase his AP description doesn't seem impressive
Well. Each crate at least scale to 500 KJ. And Rexy can break several by walking, which Larry does scale too. The exact amount I forget, u would have to go back. But at the very least up to 5. Possibly higher on the boxes that are stacked up. Basically, Larry is within franks physicality

Buttersamuri said:
Is he aware the fights gotta end in death? Cause I can see larry a few times trapping frank more than killing him. It does kinda put his character at a handicap when going for the kill
i could change it so that it ends in K.O and incap as well

So 2.5 megajoules at least I guess. We'll assume that.

Also it says in character but willing to kill in SBA so I mean...he would try to kill if he doesn't have a choice? I dunno. Frank is much more likely to immediately go for the kill however.

Jackythejack said:
So 2.5 megajoules at least I guess. We'll assume that.

Also it says in character but willing to kill in SBA so I mean...he would try to kill if he doesn't have a choice? I dunno. Frank is much more likely to immediately go for the kill however.
OP said they can remove that only kill wins rule, since that's kinda just a handicap on Larry. Larry would fight smarter and is fully willing to whoop someone. Not kill though. He isn't so killer instinct

The fight taking place in willamete helps frank out a lot actually. Spent two games there, hehe.

So stealth may not be the best option for him since frank does indeed know the lay of the land, and he's far more likely to go for a kill, and since he's more resistant to electricity, Larry's range game is gonna lack quite a bit

Well. Stealth will still have an effect do to what Larry would do. Which is essentially use confusion and artifacts to distract him, since his tablet would bring the place to lift. While frank could handle it, there's no doubt that when he starts seeing stuff come to life, that's gonna grab his attention for a moment at least and wonder WTF. Larry would likely either use other living objects to get their help, find paintings to go inside which would entirely ruin the field advantage for both of them, and if he got in site of him, would try and talk him out of fighting. Those are his more likely Go To's before killing. Removal, incapacitating and overwhelming, and or pacifying. Then from there, killing from range

I mean the living things might distract him for a second but then he could just RPG them to death or something along those lines anyways. Also if he goes into a painting...what stops Frank from just destroying the painting or something? He doesn't have to follow him in, and at that point that's more self BFR than an win for Larry. I don't think Frank would want to jump into a painting, after all.

Besides that Frank is also just resistant to damage in general. His damage reduction extends to range melee and thrown weapons which are all things in Larry's arsenal, and I don't think Larry will be able to run too far before he gets sniped by Frank. That being said, his ability to find a painting also greatly depends on where in the mall they start. Assuming that big room in the beginning of DR1, I don't think there are any paintings nearby so he's going to have issues.

More than a second I would say. It would be long enough for Larry to run off, since he is use to and wouldn't be surprised. They would attack or anything, not unless larry talked then into it. Or if he imitated attack onto them, then that's gonna lead to most of them attacking him in defense. But I don't see that happening unless something intimidating actually started to head his path. So it more would be him looking around for a moment wonder what the hells going on. But that would only work the first time, and just is the way for Larry to get out of site.

Larry can come out of other paints using his tablet. So he won't be trapped less every painting within the Tablets range was destroyed. If frank comes inside the paintings (he probably would if he sees Larry still hoping out of the paintings regardless of him destroying them). Then that would be a GG from there when Larry just hopes out another and turns off the tablet. If he doesn't. Larry at leas uses it as a mean to jump around the Place to get out of range. As well, he wouldn't attack frank (or make any attempt really assault wise. More so distracting or things that felt him). Plus, they start a decent range away. So getting out of site won't be too hard if frank is distracted for a second or two. He would run during the confusion, keep stealthy, and get to a place that feels good for him.

Also, one thing to note. The paintings franks Breaks also isn't gonna be to helpful since there would still be quite a bit around, Him potentially making them, and he can reconstruct anything back to its original state from a range.

Tbh. This fight would last a really long time likely with how big Malls are. With it being filled with life, and the mall being so big with plenty of places to go and hide, it's gonna be hard to find each other. Especially with paintings and drawings being around and possibly made. If frank breakers them, Larry can repair them.

It might last a while but frank has considerably more stamina and more ways to just not fall for Larry's bullshit. He's a smart man and he's not going to just randomly start jumping through paintings, especially if he knows they could be destroyed and that blocks off his exits. Heck, that'd probably be one of the last things he'd do. Uncharted territory and all that, and it'd be dangerous to follow someone into something he knows nothing about. That being said, if Larry spends too much time in the paintings that gives Frank even more time to prepare his strongest weapons.

I personally don't think that Frank is going to have a problem here, or at least not too much of a problem. The range is going to be a bit of an issue but once he catches up to Larry, which I think he could do given time, he's gonna be able to driver swift justice. Not like he's new to people running around or doing weird ass shit. In DR4 there's just this random dude who teleports around all over the place. I don't think summoning would distract him for too long, and even if it did I feel like he could easily find a way to come back around to find Larry. They're both good at stealth but from what I see Frank is better.

The willamette mall isn't exactly that big however, at least it's easy to navigate and frank knows the layout, if we're assuming DR1, and they can't leave the building. Frank can set up a considerably amount of hidden traps around the mall too that Larry wouldn't know are there, which is also an issue for him, and frank is generally just more experienced and likely more skilled on top of that. Only thing that could be a problem is BFR and range but considering the confined spaces of a mall it's practically impossible for Larry to be outside Frank's range.

(Also random side note about his speed. Unless it's natural lighting (and tbf I dunno if it is) we don't assume it's MHS, because not all lightning based attacks will have similar properties to actual lighting. Just as a warning, I've seen this on other profiles)

May end in a draw. With a very filled up place, Larry's way to just hoping around the place, stealth, and reconstruction to undo any painting damage Frank does. Larry is familiar with places like this, and while starts with a disadvantage at first, he will eventually figure out the malls setting. The place is big. Even if it's navigable, it's still pretty big. I mean Larry say leaving paintings on roofs and using that as a mean to jump place to place and just attack frank from different buildings, And slowly overwhelming him is possible. Since he is within his physicality with attacks. And possibly more (dependents how many crates), even with franks resistance, it constantly striking him from that far is gonna be a pain, Franks gotta worry about looping all the way to where Larry is without Larry using a painting to get away. But Then there's the chance Frank does get the good shot in. He may resort to sniping too, which can give him the win too. The malls decently big. Sure you can navigate it well when knowing the place, but it's still big. With how he can travel, and how stealth he tends to be, plus again the mall being filled up, I have a hard time really thinking of what Frank would do, and hard time thinking of how Larry would react. I know how they would start, but the powers he has, and area being filled up with other living artifacts. I just don't know anymore. I can't safety say I think either wins.

I'm gonna have to say inconclusive for now

(Also yes. It is pure lightning. Comes from the clouds too.)

I dunno, the way I see it, Frank has more healing options, invulnerability, lay of the land, arguably better stealth, experience, practical weapons, skill, and resistances to most of Larry's things. Is also very intelligent as well and the only thing Larry has going for him is mobility which can only be so effective depending on where he goes. Frank just has too many advantages in this and he has way more stamina as well, meaning that he can play this game for a lot longer than Larry would be able to. He could literally do this for days if he wanted to just hole up and hide for some time. Can't get sniped from another building if you stay inside. Frank doesn't *have* to come to Larry, he can just wait until he spots him as wel.

Ok. This further will make it difficult. Turns out it's at least 6 crates he does. So he actually is within Franks AP exactly (3 Megajoules) if not higher. Even if Frank has resistance, still taking damage from such distances, plus the odds of him being able to work it out with frank. Also, healing items kinda being mute considering Larry can heal himself with the tablet. And there is another advantage that his flashlight can point out secret places around the mall he can use to also get around or hide.

As well. I didn't even realize until just going back. He also can raise a shield at any point to deflect damage. So he has his own sort of invulnerability that he can also use at any point. So ever laying damage in him is gonna be really hard, in a place filled with others, where he can jump around with paintings, create shields at any point, manipulate the weather to make it harder to see himself, is on his league if not superior durability, and can heal himself. I'm having a hard time seeing frank working past all that. Especially since we can say Franks fairly reasonable. If Larry managed to approach while using his shield to deflect things. He may give it a verbal ending there. Both would have a preference not to kill the other (Frank being more willing to though). Larry can also befriend most ant artifact into helping him really to. His tablet even helps on doing that. The safest bet for me ATM is inconclusive. Larry's range, distractions, physicality, haxs, and mobility keep him pretty dang far from frank, even when he knows the lay of the labs. Franks juices though would also keep him in the game if taking damage, so it just sounds like they are running around and shooting at each other until one of them screws up some. And frankly, it doesn't seem like it's possible to tell who would. So they run around till one of them screws up and the other hammers that advantage in. Or they both try the stop fighting approach since both are responsible, and both would rather not kill the other. Neither have a Bloodlusted Personality

Also. Thank goodness he didn't choose it to take place at the museum itself. I'm sorry, but franky boi is not winning in that instance. (Larry can summon a literal army. And I when I say army, I mean an actual definition of an army)

Jackythejack said:
The deflection needs to be on its profile otherwise I'm not comfortable with it personally. No offense
Not deflection. That was Bad wording. I just meant like it would block attacks. He can just summon a shield around himself. They wouldn't like bounce the attack back at frank. They would just stop said attacks

Back