• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lara Croft vs. Nathan Drake

This is still one of the most interesting matchups ever, replying to this now that it's still relevant. Lara Croft should win in most instances, as she should edge out Nathan Drake in most everything. Nate's biggest weapon here is his luck, there's nothing he can do that Lara can't. Lara should win low-diff.

Please. Nate has time manip. And soul hax. that Alone should give him the win. Not to mention, he has better fire power.

I.. did not know he has those. Voting for Nathan for those. Nathan should honestly be close to capabilities too. Nathan is more consistent with army handling, survived fighting through armies at very short amounts of time. Notable big feats is when he was stuck in a desert for an undefined but long period of time and was back to fighting right after.

Or when he got shot and still survived a train crash and ending up in a very hostile cold environment, still fighting through armies.

Nathan's timeslow is through a thrown thingy that only affectes a not really big area, and his soul stuff is by summoning a totem that summons ghosts to attack his enemies. Considering they are starting hundreds of meters away in this, those aren't gonna be very useful unless they reduce the distance without dying to each other.

I'm aware, but it's still better than anything Laura has. And both can close the distnace, as both can avoid bullets and rockets.

I'm not so sure if it would be obvious on what it does until Lara chances upon it or lands on it herself. The spectral ghosts are very useful too and I doubt is something Nathan's just gonna toss out willy nilly.

Considering the time slow thing forms a very visible area affected, whatever it does I don't see Laura approaching it.

The ghosts are way more useful if they do get close.

I now notice this is specifically Survivor timeline Lara Croft, who is still a badass, but less so. Will get back on this before casting my vote, but I'm still hinging to Lara.

Nathan should definitely take it here and even more so considering this is Survivor Lara.

He has higher stamina and can take punishment since he walked aimlessly through a desert for two straight days without any food or water and fought through groups of mercenaries while bleeding out from a bullet wound in the Himalayas during a blizzard. Additionally, Survivor Lara definitiely doesn't outskill here, considering Nate has defeated several to a dozen men in a fist fight on multiple occasions and demonstrates more mastery with his acrobatics and climbing skills with his equipment and bare hands.

The strongest factor here is Nate's luck, which both renders Lara's firearms and bow useless as each shot will just deliberately miss him while creating small conveniences for him to take advantage of. So either Nate guns her down or he just straight up man-handles her with his arguably better CQC and higher lifting strength. This goes along with Survivor Lara's crippling weaknesses listed in her profile.

I think that more has to do with his actual luck being explained on how it helps him survive? I disagree with it too though but even without it he's still potent enough to face armies.

Also wait, X Squared did you just what aI was about to say?? Regarding stamina and etc at least

You want proof of Nate's luck doing those things? All right then.

Nate's luck is considered an actual thing in the Uncharted series and was confirmed by the develepors themselves. They also state that Nate doesn't actually have a health bar in gameplay, but rather his luck meter runs out until he's hit with one fatal shot which pays homage to action series like Indiana Jones where the main protagonist isn't hit by any bullets. This article pretty much explains everything.

As for actual instances:

- After shooting a mercenary wielding an RPG, it causes a chain reaction where the tower in which the enemies are housed in is destroyed.

- A random grenade tossed by Nate causes an entire cruise liner to sink and paves the way for his escape.

- After shooting a truck filled with explosives, it flew up into the air and crashed right before him to create a perfect bridge to continue his path.

- After he caused a chandelier to collapse, he desperately tries to escape it and ducks only for it to miss him completely since he was in a perfect spot.

Believe me, Nate's luck IS going to do things similar to the feats listed above.

@ X Squared

Oh no I didn't realize I commented already lol. I just thought you posted what I was about to post before I did it.

And huh those are kinda strong contenders. Even then though his luck isn't the prime factor why he survives and he's durable himself

@LSir I mean in any case yes, it should be stated in his profile that his luck can be decreased, but it must also be mentioned that it can replenish itself after a moment. It seems that in terms of combat, Nate's luck can be broken and he gets shot as a result, but as for non-combat situations, conveniences can still be created. So his lucks defensive properties can be broken, but it's still passive it that can help him out I suppose.

@Ciruno

Yep, his luck isn't the only reason why he's so durable and such. He's skilled, creative and just outright tough which is why he survived the things he did. Nate's luck is like icing on the cake.

Back