• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

lakyus vs gazef

In terms of pure warrior ability, Gazef is stronger. He's famous the way he is among the human kingdom is for a reason. Though that doesn't include Slane Theocracy, because they don't allow the identities of their most powerful people to be revealed so easily.

Lakyus at the other hand has better equipment on a day-to-day situation, as Gazef is only allowed the Kingdom Treasures with permission. Because Lakyus can heal and has better ranged attacks with her sword and floating swords, she has a slight edge on Gazef. But he'd win if he had the Kingdom Treasures.

this is actually really difficult

Gazef has a lot of Martial Arts to buff himself, meaning he'll be able to outspeed Lakyus, though probably not by too much

Lakyus has ranged weapons, which is going to help her a lot, but Gazef has shown his ability to fight while surrounded by many attacking things. He also seems to like using Sixfold Slash of Light more often than she does with Dark Blade Mega Impact. There's also the fact it seemingly takes a significant portion of her mana, so she might be more hesitant to use it, although it could be argued she would use it faster because she knows how strong Gazef is.

I feel like there might be too much to say definitively, so i'll go with incon for now

If Gazef got tired faster he would be in trouble, since his martial arts ARE gonna take a toll on him - especially Sixfold Slash of Light, which taxes him the most.

But he has just enough that he could pull a hit off just as she could and put him down, not to mention Lakyus's healing.

Yeah, incon.

I actually think that Gazef wins more often than not. Since, iirc, Clementine mentioned Gagaran but not Lakyus when talking about formidable warriors, it's likely that Lakyus is significantly weaker than Gazef physically. Gazef can resist her magic and counter her floating swords with martial arts. He also has the advantage in skill and experience. Another point in his favor is sense weakness and possibility sense. Basically, all Gazef has to do is charge in and overwhelm her with martial arts. It won't be easy getting past Kilineiram, but I think he has enough advantages to win. Keep in mind that Lakyus spread out her levels between warrior and cleric, while Gazef is a focused warrior. It's similar to how Climb almost beat Succulent despite the fact that Succulent was as powerful as an adamantite adventurer. The difference is that Gazef is the same level or higher than Lakyus.

Actaully thinking about it more I think I agree with fdryboy, the slaine theocracy used an entire group of summoning mages to beat gazef. Even then they won mostly due to playing the range game, Lakyus can't play the range game for long and after the gap is closed Im not sure she has the means to beat gazef, healing is good but its a spell she needs to cast and with there similar level I don't see gazef giving her the chance.

and as for prior knowledge lets say they know as much about eachother as they know (or in gazef´s case ┬¿knew┬¿) in overlord.

The pen or the sword said:
Actaully thinking about it more I think I agree with fdryboy, the slaine theocracy used an entire group of summoning mages to beat gazef. Even then they won mostly due to playing the range game, Lakyus can't play the range game for long and after the gap is closed Im not sure she has the means to beat gazef, healing is good but its a spell she needs to cast and with there similar level I don't see gazef giving her the chance.
Lakyus knows how strong Gazef is, so what's to say she won't pull out Dark Blade Mega Impact right away? Which, afaik, has more range than Sixfold Slash of Light

If they keep knowledge, then she should have a pretty big advantage with range. She can pull a very strong attack from the start, then wear him down with long ranged moves without letting him get close.

Keep in mind that Gazef knows about her too; she's one of the most famous adventurers in the Kingdom. Gazef is much faster than her when using martial arts, and he can nullify her ranged attacks. Her magic is resisted by one of his martial arts, and her floating swords get countered by his increased reflexes and speed. She can wear him down, but she can't stop him from closing the distance. Thanks to sense weakness, he'll know the best course of action. Her only real chance is dark blade mega impact, which Gazef could potentially dodge since he knows she can use it. I'm pretty sure it isn't an instant win button, otherwise she would be much more famous than she already is.

FDrybob said:
Keep in mind that Gazef knows about her too; she's one of the most famous adventurers in the Kingdom. Gazef is much faster than her when using martial arts, and he can nullify her ranged attacks. Her magic is resisted by one of his martial arts, and her floating swords get countered by his increased reflexes and speed. She can wear him down, but she can't stop him from closing the distance. Thanks to sense weakness, he'll know the best course of action. Her only real chance is dark blade mega impact, which Gazef could potentially dodge since he knows she can use it. I'm pretty sure it isn't an instant win button, otherwise she would be much more famous than she already is.
Lakyus doesn't use offensive magic, at least not as she's been seen in the story

Also, Gazef would need to guess when she's using DBMI, then jump really high in the air, as it covers at least 9-10 human sized demons, so dodging to the side seems unlikely

That's entirely possible with Gazef's abilities, and I don't think it's farfetched to think that his experience and skill advantage makes it possible more often than not. Also, he wouldn't have to see it coming very far in advance thanks to Instant Reflex. If Kilineiram unleashed undodgeable attacks, I think Lakyus would be much more famed. After dodging one blast, Gazef can blitz her.

Web novel she stomps him, light novel... She is outskilled both in technique and offensive abilities it seems as IIRC web novel her winning condition was her magic, not sure what that meant.

I vote incon because Gazefs martial arts drain him a lot and the buff ones also drain over time and while he would have the physical advantage with martial arts he would have to deal with the floating swords and potential DBMI while approaching her which would at the very least throw him off a bit and keep him from just rushing at her because having magic flying swords flung at your face isn't exactly pleasant and if he doesnt get a critical blow that incapacitates her instantly which is unlikely considering what he has to deal with on his way to even get in range she can just heal up. his equipment is also likely similar in quality to hers becuase they both wear adamantite armor and I believe Razor edge is somewhat similar in power to her Yggdrasil sword which means they both could get through eachothers armor.

so yeah the fight continues until both fall over from exhaustion gazef because he is out of stamina and lakyus because she used too much magic to heal herself and to keep gazef at distance and had to fight some occasional close combat with someone who is way better in that than her

I think you're overestimating the floating swords. We've only ever seen them kill low-class demons, and their attack patterns seem very predictable. Recall that Gazef was able to hold his own against a huge horde of sunlight scripture angels without tiring out, which is undoubtedly more impressive than some inanimate swords. Depending on what the swords are made of, he could possibly even break them with his martial arts. Also, Lakyus can't afford to use DBMI more than a few times due to its high mana cost. Once Gazef is in close melee range, there's not much Lakyus can do to stop him. My point is, Lakyus will be rushed by Gazef before either of them has to worry about running out of steam.

I'm not overestimating them it's just that flying sharp objects no matter what level are kind of a hindrance for a meelee fighter in rushing someone enough that you wouldn't get a desicive hit in. it's true that razor edge might break them but there is six of them and gazef probably wouldn't want to use his best martial art, sixfold slash of light against a few hindrances and even if he did the individual slashes with it can't be aimed so the swords could basicly evade his counterattack and continue and do the stab stab. Gazef doesn't want that. next is that even if we assume he can cut through them like butter we don't know whether that makes them infunctional which would be a big problem if it didnt because then they can come at him from his back and also having to deal with 6 of them without sixfold slash of light is gonna atleast somewhat slow him down and leave him open for lakyus to just use DBMI on him so he won't just blindly rush her because Gazef isn't stupid and so the fight will be drawn out to Gazef making many attempts to get into meelee range and end the fight which gets somewhat repelled by lakyus meaning he can't get in and instantly incapacitate her and she will back up again and heal up and considering that even a half warrior half druid (Shasuryu) could restore zenberus whole arm that cocytus sliced clean off she should also have some decent enough healing magic that it takes a really good hit from Gazef to finish decide the fight which he as I said will have a hard time to do.

this continues until both of them fall over exhausted.

they both know how strong each other is, so they would be very likely to use their respective strongest moves to end the fight, i feel

Since that's a High 8-C attack, it's game over for whoever gets hit

Gazef has the possibilty of making it to her overpowering her

while Lakyus has the possibility of using her High 8-C, which seems to have more range than Sixfold Slash of Light, to kill Gazef before he can get to her

this dependence on whether or not Gazef can evade and everything and get close enough is why i went incon

I agree with that and would like to add that I don't actually think gazef would be able to counter all of her ranged options while rushing her and all that without leaving himself horribly open which gazef wouldn't do because he knows her and has lots of fighting experience so he would either have to half ass his assaults or rush at her leaving himself open to her strongest attacks. and gazef doesn't want to just go right in and die so he chooses to be very careful and his attempts at getting close always get fended off resulting in a long drawn out mach with gazef exhausting himself more due to more costly martial arts and buffs and lakyus while not exhausting herself as much also goes down because she has lower stamina

i actually dont remember and it wont let me view it without restoring it, so i dont know.

Back