• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I could be wrong, but Bernkastel seems to be more versatile. However, I'm not sure if Nyar is out of her reach in stats or not.

Seems so.

But we restric higher dimensional immortality by default in VS Threads

Even if one or the others win, this shouldn't be a stomp.

Gnarly annihilated Gan and Oblivion who are described as baseline and both matchups were added. Both Bernkastel and Gnarly are far above base 1-A.

Scarletmoon56 said:
Gnarly annihilated Gan and Oblivion who are described as baseline and both matchups were added. Both Bernkastel and Gnarly are far above base 1-A.
I think we deemed that a stomp later on, since Gan really didn't have any way of putting Nyar down (back when both were listed as 1-A).

I think we deemed that a stomp later on

Oh really? Is it same for Oblivion since he was also described as baseline too.

Is this a stomp; i've Heard Bernkastel is one of the strongest 1-A's on the site, but i'm not Sure if that's anywhere close to Nyar? (Then again Nyar is pretty much Azathoth's actions taken "physical" form)

If I remember correctly, Bern exists several layers beyond other 1-As, each layer having a dimensional difference.

Nyarlathotep's true self exists beyond other 1-As by the same degree those 1-As exist beyond 3-D humanity.

To make sure you understand just how strong that makes him, "transcending 1-A character X by the same degree they transcend 3-D character Y" has been justification for High 1-A in several cases. And Nyarla is the weakest of the Outer Gods

Edit: Case in point, Featherine is High 1-A for being to witches what witches are to humans . Just substitute the word "Featherine" for "Nyarlathotep" and "witches" for "Great Old Ones" and you'll see my point.

Monarch Laciel said:
If I remember correctly, Bern exists several layers beyond
You remember incorrectly. Not Bern, but her manifested body from the City of Books.

That is also true, Bern's true form is elsewhere. Although, if you know the answer to this question Dark, since that is the case why couldn't Bern reform herself after being striken with Ange's Golden Eagle or kill the Ushiromiyas after she revived them?

Is Ange still above even that form?

Ange is around cosmic shit tier+. Bern just entertain herself by playing the role of villain in the story. It was a game with the high difficulty level. The result completely satisfied Bern. An easy victory in such games can only cause disappointment. But in order to understand the true goals of the contradictory Bern, you need to better understand her nature and philosophy.

Monarch Laciel said:
Ah, well alright then.
How strong is the real Bern then?
To begin with, I would like to understand how how do you distinguish the power of the true "forms" of the Outer Gods, due the fact that they are simply something like the functions of the static world. They do not create, neither destroy, nor change each other when it comes to their true "forms".

DarkLK said:
To begin with, I would like to understand how how do you distinguish the power of the true "forms" of the Outer Gods, due the fact that they are simply something like the functions of the static world. They do not create, neither destroy, nor change each other when it comes to their true "forms".
To elaborate on what Dark is saying, the Outer Gods essentially exist at the "level" of existence where nothing changes, because change isn't real. It's a function of the minds of lesser beings experiencing a lesser reality, but these Outer Gods are not bound by perspective or a sense of being/self.

Their true "forms" cannot exactly "fight" because doing so would simply be a matter of change and perspective, which is something they are beyond.

I'm aware.

But if they could hypothetically fight, those "functions of a static world" are >>>>>>>>>> their avatars.

They are a bit of a static stage on which everything else happens. Just like different scenery of this background. And Azathot is an insane director.

The actor (Bern's manifestations) vs the stage (outer god true "form") is a rather strange fight.

The actor vs the actor or the stage vs the stage will be better.

OP says both at strongest, so I assumed it was "stage vs stage"

Though since when is Bern's true self the stage? I'd think it would be more like the director

I'm gonna go with Nyar. Speaking purely in character vs character, one is on a much higher plateau existentially than the other, despite Bern being as powerful as she is.

@DarkLK

The OP seems to imply that both fighters are in their true forms.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Monarch.

Monarch Laciel said:
OP says both at strongest, so I assumed it was "stage vs stage"
Though since when is Bern's true self the stage? I'd think it would be more like the director

Bern's manifestations and avatars are roles

"Bern" (or what is called by that name) is an actor

Bern's true nature is the stage. It is the unconscious (even for Bern's own manifestations and personalities, because the points of view are still illusions, and in the World there is only one Truth) force that shapes the World in general. She is basically embodies the inevitability and predestination, the cruelty of God. Therefore she is a "Witch of Fragments". Fragments (crystallization of fate), exist because of her power. Together with Lambda (Lambda represents change of fate via will) they are the most important things in the World, embracing, embodying and transcending this World and its beings.

Wow.

Didn't realise Bern and Lamb-chan were that big a deal.

I mean I knew they were powerful, but to think they allow fragments to exist... damn

Well there is a reason why only the Creator rank superior to the Voyager rank.

Conceptual totality is reached before the first Gate, though, and when Hypnos passed through it his mind, which had experienced unmentionable, indescribable concepts (Hypnos was also semi-confident that he could conquer all of existence before reaching the First Gate) was utterly ruined by what he saw beyond. When you consider that the Second Gate is more inaccessible (As in, inaccessible cardinal) compared to the First Gate than the First Gate is to complex Outerversal "space," and that Nyar is likely comparable to the Ultimate Gods, I don't see how embodying the concept of fate or transcending an infinitely-layered reality really makes that much of a difference.

Where is it stated that his true form is the weakest? I thought that only applied to the avatar that existed in the Court of Azathoth. Regardless, the same would still apply, albeit to a lesser level.

"Conceptual totality is reached before the first Gate, though, and when Hypnos passed through it his mind, which had experienced unmentionable, indescribable concepts (Hypnos was also semi-confident that he could conquer all of existence before reaching the First Gate) was utterly ruined by what he saw beyond. When you consider that the Second Gate is more inaccessible (As in, inaccessible cardinal) compared to the First Gate than the First Gate is to complex Outerversal "space,""

This should impress me?

"I don't see how embodying the concept of fate or transcending an infinitely-layered reality really makes that much of a difference."

I do not see that either. And also I do not see how it relates to Bern.

Oh. I thought you were making an impassioned argument against Nyar, for which I was doing the same, but in the opposite sense. :p Technically speaking, I like both series, so it's not like I'll be upset at whoever wins/loses.

Back