• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lack Of Explantions

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
To be straight foward a lot of Lego profiles don't explain jack about certain abilities

Since profiles have re-ocurring problems I'll list problems and say which profiles have them

Saying a charcter has higher lifting strength through teleknises with no further info: All Harry Potter and Lord Of The Ring profiles and Darkseid,Thanos

Saying a charcter is faster through flying: Bellatrix Lestrange,Voldemort,Darkseid,Thanos

Having Attack Reflection through Beam Reflect: Odi,Hela,John Constantine

Wall Level Durability that's unexplained: John Constantine ,Hela,Doctor Doom,The Mandari,Odi,Brainiac and all the Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings profiles

Odi and Hela both share the problem of having a regen that's not labelled or expended upon

John Constantine has a higher AP with magic that's not explained at all

How you propse we tackle this problem?

I'd like trying to find a solution that's the least time consuming

A "higher" is a probably higher tiered thing, but lacking in feats to be rated as such. This appearing in lifting strenght means that their telekinesis is superior to their physical lifting strenght by much, but it lacks defined enough feats to get a higher Class.

Same applies to flying. They are faster, but it's not made clear enough to say anything beyond "they are faster".

Durability scales to physical AP. All those you commented about have feats for being physicall 9-B in striking strenght, which means their durability is comparable by virtue of them not breaking themselves.

The rest is fine.

Probably should ask the creator(s) of the profiles to comment here.

If all else fails we should like just remove the unspecified stuff. If they are stats they should be replaced with "Unknown". For the profiles that lack explanation they may need to be deleted

Higher

This should be used to denote a character's weapons, techniques, or attributes that are much stronger than their base level, but still within the same tier. For example, a character that is Solar System level but has an attack that multiplies their power by 100 times. In this instance it should be written as "Solar System level, higher with that ability or technique".

Furthermore, higher may also be used to denote a case where the character is possibly or likely a higher tier, but to what degree is not specified. This is specifically referring to cases such as "At least 4-B, likely higher" or "At least Solar System level, likely higher".

This applies to lifting strength and speed too. They get a boost, but it's unquantifiably higher so it's considered in the same tier.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
A "higher" is a probably higher tiered thing, but lacking in feats to be rated as such. This appearing in lifting strenght means that their telekinesis is superior to their physical lifting strenght by much, but it lacks defined enough feats to get a higher Class.
Same applies to flying. They are faster, but it's not made clear enough to say anything beyond "they are faster".

Durability scales to physical AP. All those you commented about have feats for being physicall 9-B in striking strenght, which means their durability is comparable by virtue of them not breaking themselves.

The rest is fine.
Okay but like with the flying how we know they're actually faster? Telekinses could be scaled to actual values tho, like if they use TK to destroy a building they probably can lift it unless they had to use the TK in a specific way to make the building crumble

Also why couldn't they like mention that about the wall rating durability?

Tllmbrg said:
Okay but like with the flying how we know they're actually faster? Telekinses could be scaled to actual values tho, like if they use TK to destroy a building they probably can lift it unless they had to use the TK in a specific way to make the building crumble

Also why couldn't they like mention that about the wall rating durability?
The fact that it's the equivalent of riding on a motorcycle and car for them, and that they use it for transport even when flight is uneeded, both point to that.

Maybe, but that is only assuming showings above the lifting strenght of the user beyond restraining people on their level are shown.

Because it's uneeded. Durability scales to striking strenght, there is no need for every profile to metnion a wiki wide standard.

Ig

I didn't understand your second point

But like at that point the profiles for the verse become inconsistent because some pages do say the justifiction and some don't, tho I think every profile should since just leaving a rating there with no explation at all seems wrong to me at least

Just to note, i didn't give Regen to Hela.

Wall level Durability and AP are because all characters can destroy hydrant of gargoyles with their attacks and aside from specific cases, they're all comparable (with the exception of the Big-Figs and some characters).

For the flying thing, i'm not exactly good at calculating so i simply put higher for the speed.

For the Attack Reflection/Beam Deflect thing, this figure among abilities noted in the characters's bios in the game (both Marvel and DC) but if it has to, then it should be removed.

Just don't hope all the profiles i made will be deleted cause even if wrong, i put some work on it but there is no other option...

I'm currently having some Internet problems so sorry if i don't answer immediately or until tomorrow (it's currently 21:08 for me) if it isn't fixed.

Oh my bad

Also you should've mentioned that,tho how that scales to the Harry Potter charcter's durability? Also what about the other Lego verses wall ratings?

Well you could've asked calcers to do that

Okay but like it got fetats? Tho putting the description somewhere in the profile would've also worked

Also how good is Odin's regen excatly?

ArkhamDC06 said:
I'm currently having some Internet problems so sorry if i don't answer immediately or until tomorrow (it's currently 21:08 for me) if it isn't fixed.
No problem

Harry in LEGO Dimension can destroy gargoyles like the Wicked Witch can do so other characters from his universe should be able to do the same thing, especially since all the HP characters i've made appear in Dimensions (though Dumby doesnt' fight). Same for Gandalf and LOTR characters and DC characters like the Joker. And the characters take various punches and strikes to be broken into pieces, even the mooks, so it's comparable. I think i've actually mentionned the hydrant/gargoyle thing in most profiles or at least said that characters can kill each other with their punches (though i might be wrong).

True (for the Flight speed thing), simply didn't thought about it.

Odin's Regenerationn is a mistake for the heart thing so yeah, it should be removed.

Characters like Constantine can deflect beams of energy with their forcefield and the ability is the same for both universes (Marvel and DC)(it helps that all the LEGO games have been made by the same studio).

Well you should put the justifiction for the wall durability then

Then get someone to calc the flight speed

Okay

So mention that in the profiles

I guess not for now, would be good if you linked good feats for the charcters who're faster with fllying to calc tho

I can post videos like the character Spotlight for Voldemort since the ability would be the same for Bellatrix and other Death Eaters characters. For Harry who has a broomstick, i can do the same though the videos only last 30 secondes (more or less).

Well I'll check around to see

Anyone else on the thread has anything to say?

Back