• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

La Sirena Del Arco vs Ella (Total Drama)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Ah, heck with it. One more thread with a Colombian folklore character for the road. We got La Sirena del Arco, a mermaid basically, against Ella, the singing princess of Total Drama. They're both fairly comparable in what they can do, although Ella's singing tames land animals, which are more versatile than sea creatures because, well, have you ever tried to get anything from the ocean onto land? Chances are they'll suffocate and die or, in the case of whales, they get cooked to death. At least land creatures can get out of water whenever they wish provided something's not around to try and eat them. Sea creatures are kinda screwed.

I dunno if Sirena's empathic manipulation is limited to men or not, primarily because female-on-female attraction is perhaps the most ignored concept throughout mythology and folklore (which is gonna lead to a whole mess of logical fallacies), but I do know Ella's singing doesn't affect humans, so her song ain't doing jack to Sirena. Anyway, this will take place at a coast with both land and water and both combatants start 10 meters apart. Both combatants start right where the water and the beach meet (you know, where all the waters roll in before returning to the sea?). Here are their profiles.:

La Sirena Del Arco's Profile

Ella's Profile

Who takes this?

Sirenaarco
Ella cantando bien-1-
La Sirena Del Arco: 0
Ella: 0

Inconclusive: 0

La Sirena del Arco can kill with her knife all the persons on a big boat with ease, one by one, she is also fast and knows martial arts.

Vote for her.

Apex PredatorX said:
La Sirena del Arco can kill with her knife all the persons on a big boat with ease, one by one, she is also fast and knows martial arts.
I mean killing a ship crew is more of a stamina feat than anything else. It doesn't necessitate strength, so if Ella calls on a bear or a deer, that knife ain't going to do much good, especially against a bear, and those things are bulky (especially the coastal ones).

Even then, Ella is physically stronger than Sirena. Ella's lifting strength should allow her to put Sirena's knife arm in a vicegrip should she catch it, and then use that opportunity to pin her down thereafter. That's what lifting strength is for: gripping and the ability to pin someone down. Bear in mind that martial arts isn't an end-all be-all (though I personally question that even existing as the profile and summary doesn't provide any examples); it just shows that you're skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Sirena could be a boxer and I'd say the same thing: it just shows that you're skilled in hand-to-hand combat.

Now, if Ella were to go into the water, then she'd be screwed since humans aren't very good at swimming in the grand scheme of things meaning Sirena would easily take this, but on land, Ella has the high ground.

Pretty much what I'm saying is who has the high ground depends on where they take the battle to.

Joaco0902 said:
Could Ella call like an army of bears to attack Sirena? I'm not really familiar with TD...
In terms of armies, she can call on birds (albeit nondescript ones), though in one confessional, it was shown she can reel in more than just birds in one group (said confessional featured a deer and a raccoon). She doesn't seem exactly limited from what was shown, as she never showed any effort taming even bears with her song. At most in-series, she managed to lure in eight animals in one go: https://totaldrama.fandom.com/wiki/File:Ella_Confessional.png

Apex PredatorX said:
La Sirena can summon a lot of marine animals at once, so she has an advantage.
Not really given the coastline setting I put the match in (hence why I believed it would be divided based on where they take the battle).

Apex PredatorX said:
Maybe La Sirena could draw TD girl on water?
That's a huge "it depends." Sugar did trick Ella into singing when Chris gave Ella a "shut up or get out" ultimatum, but that was primarily because Ella was persistently viewing Sugar as a friend despite Sugar's obvious animosity towards her. There's nothing on whether or not Ella could be manipulated without this kind of insistence from the source material.

Back