• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

L vs Light, but things are really strange (7-0-1)(Grace)

I agree that it's inconclusive because the characters are too close to each other in intelligence. Light had the death note but L had unlimited resources and lots of help in his investigation. Also this idea that L is straight up smarter is weird considering Light was the one that found out Yotsuba was behind the killings in the Yotsuba Arc while L didn't do anything AND Light is the one that came up with the idea of using one of them as a mole to catch the new kira, making L admit that Light thought of that before he could.

I forgot to mention an important detail about why I think L would win. I have yet to find the precise source, but I think it's from the 13ᵗʰ volume How to Read on a page that's difficult to find online. I saw evidence in the YouTube video "Could Light and L Survive Squid Game? - Death Note" that Near and L have the special ability to watch multiple screens at once. This should give L a significant advantage against Light in this matchup, since L could look at all the boards at once while Light would need to memorize them.
I agree that it's inconclusive because the characters are too close to each other in intelligence. Light had the death note but L had unlimited resources and lots of help in his investigation. Also this idea that L is straight up smarter is weird considering Light was the one that found out Yotsuba was behind the killings in the Yotsuba Arc while L didn't do anything AND Light is the one that came up with the idea of using one of them as a mole to catch the new kira, making L admit that Light thought of that before he could.
You're correct about Light, for even more reasons than you described as I wrote in post number 29, but understanding the intelligence of a character isn't so simple. You have to understand that this versus thread is only about a complicated matchup of chess between the two characters. There aren't any sly tactics either of the characters could do that the other couldn't see coming, so Light being smarter than L in terms of strategizing and creativity isn't as important here as it was during the story of Death Note. I think that L would win this matchup because, in the circumstances of the matchup, he would be cautious enough to know what Light would be trying to do, and his extraordinary endurance and efficiency would come in handy more than Light's skill.

I forgot to mention an important detail about why I think L would win. I have yet to find the precise source, but I think it's from the 13ᵗʰ volume How to Read on a page that's difficult to find online. I saw evidence in the YouTube video "Could Light and L Survive Squid Game? - Death Note" that Near and L have the special ability to watch multiple screens at once. This should give L a significant advantage against Light in this matchup, since L could look at all the boards at once while Light would need to memorize them.
I forgot about that ability, yeah that could help and actually make a difference in the match up I imagine. L would have an edge in that case. I can vote for him I suppose.

Fun fact: I helped work on that video in the editing process and some other Death Note videos from Seth.

Last edited:
bump, who would guess this battle would come out to be decided by a obscure as hell L hability(shouldn't this give him some enchanced senses?)

shouldn't this give him some enchanced senses?
I find that the profiles of Light, L and Near generalize their intelligence capabilities to "Genius Intelligence" even though they could have more abilities listed. L has some of his capabilities elaborated on though, but it's true that there is more that can be told of him. Technically the profiles are correct, but I feel like they could benefit from being notably more detailed than they currently are. I plan to eventually make a revision adding a bunch of abilities to the characters all at once. I have a lot of plans on the VS Battles Wiki though, so this isn't upcoming.

I find that the profiles of Light, L and Near generalize their intelligence capabilities to "Genius Intelligence" even though they could have more abilities listed. L has some of his capabilities elaborated on though, but it's true that there is more that can be told of him. Technically the profiles are correct, but I feel like they could benefit from being notably more detailed than they currently are. I plan to eventually make a revision adding a bunch of abilities to the characters all at once. I have a lot of plans on the VS Battles Wiki though, so this isn't upcoming.
Seens like a quick CRT

Back