• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kuzan (Aokiji) vs Hitsugaya Toshiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
This actually has me confused. How would Toshiro's flash freezing ( power nullification ) work with someone with Logia intang. Like would it simply phase through them or nullify their powers?

Hitsugaya said he can freeze any matter in front of him, and he goes for it in character. So, Aokiji probably gets his functions and abilities nullified.

If it has power nullification, unless it's strictly stated to affect reishi abilities (i forgot if it did, or not, or if it matters), it would be capable of disabling Aokiji's dispersion, but not killing him, as shown when he attempted it on Gerard. Aokiji could break out of it, for example.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Hitsugaya said he can freeze any matter in front of him, and he goes for it in character. So, Aokiji probably gets his functions and abilities nullified.

Your thinking of Shikai Hyōketsu that's the attack that freezes all matter. It doesn't nullify power's like his flash freezing.

Hmm, Aokiji might be able to break out of Shikai Hyōketsu, depending on who's stronger. I'm not sure simple flash freezing would cut it for any of them here. But since Hitsugaya's nullifies powers and abilities, maybe it would work?

Neither solely rely on simply flash-freezing their enemy. Both use the ice as a weapon quite masterfully. The only problem I could see is that, while Aokiji can disperse into ice (unless nullified), I don't think Toshiro has immunity to being frozen. It may just come down to "who is stronger?" or "who is the superior combatant/intellect?"

CinCameron20 said:
If it has power nullification, unless it's strictly stated to affect reishi abilities (i forgot if it did, or not, or if it matters), it would be capable of disabling Aokiji's dispersion, but not killing him, as shown when he attempted it on Gerard. Aokiji could break out of it, for example.
don't think its limited to reiatsu/reishi or any other sould based attacks

CinCameron20 said:
Gerard had the strength to break out of it and resisted it.

the same can't be said for kuzan easily

also im voting for toshiro via power nullification.

you can't assume the same thing that happened with gerard can happen here,even if kuzan can pull the same plan gerard can,it won't be as easy as gerard did and i dont think he can keep it up for the entire length of the fight.

Toshiro since he has the aerial advantage it will be easier for him to get the battfield ready using Tenso Jurin so he can end the fight with Hoten Hyakkaso

Giving this to Aokiji via better stamina, slightly higher AP ( 49 teratons vs 40 teratons) Toshiro could possibly nullify Kuzan's abilities however as an admiral Kuzan should have pretty good fighting skills. He doesn't exactly rely on his Devil Fruit ( Like Ace for example.)

And i have my doubts about Toshiro being able to freeze Kuzan ( Can't really freeze Ice.) Also @Zensum Tensō Jürin and Hyōten Hyakkasō are non factors here IIRC Toshiro rarely uses such abilities.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Giving this to Aokiji via better stamina, slightly higher AP ( 49 teratons vs 40 teratons) Toshiro could possibly nullify Kuzan's abilities however as an admiral Kuzan should have pretty good fighting skills. He doesn't exactly rely on his Devil Fruit ( Like Ace for example.)
And i have my doubts about Toshiro being able to freeze Kuzan ( Can't really freeze Ice.) Also @Zensum Tensō Jürin and Hyōten Hyakkasō are non factors here IIRC Toshiro rarely uses such abilities.
It was already stated that toshiro can freeze any matter in front of him,unless the manga said otherwise (or some other cases) he can just overwhelm aokiji's ice with his ice and cover him with it

his devil fruit is pretty much the only thing he can use here,fighting close quarters will flash freeze him if he gets too close or makes skin contact with toshiro.one skin contact and GG kuzan

just because he rarely uses it dosen't mean he won't.in fact toshiro would likely use it here and end it quickly since he has no knowledge of kuzan thus making him fight smart and calculated without making any doubts

@Yomi

That sounds a lot like an NLF and wouldn't Kuzan simply break out of his ice like Geard did? ( Might be confusing this for the Flash Freezing.)

And i never said he wouldn't use it. It's not in character for Toshiro to use said moves right off the bat in character, it's something he dislikes using ( Like Reinhard with his spear.) Also aren't these Shikai attacks?

@Yomi
That sounds a lot like an NLF and wouldn't Kuzan simply break out of his ice like Geard did? ( Might be confusing this for the Flash Freezing.)

And i never said he wouldn't use it. It's not in character for Toshiro to use said moves right off the bat in character, it's something he dislikes using ( Like Reinhard with his spear.) Also aren't these Shikai attacks?
NLF is when i exaggerate it,freezing the ice kuzan made via covering it with toshiro's ice dosen't sound too impossible eh?

he didn't show a sign of hesitation against gerard since he knows how much of a threat he is.the very mystery of what aokiji can do is enough to post a threat to toshiro and make him alert

also he can use it in this version

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Shikai_Hyoketsu.png

EDIT:I also stated why you simply can't assume kuzan can break out of his ice cause

Kuzan=/=Gerard

what gerard did can't be done by kuzan since its obvious gerard has the strength and resistance to break out of it but kuzan?........no

also even if he can,its already obvious how he cant do it as easily/quickly as gerard did.

@Knightofannihilation666 he uses them when his regular approach is ineffective like against Tier where his ice wasn't making a difference against her water based attacks it will happen eventually in this fight too if kuzans ice is anywhere near the level of his.

Where the 40 teratons feat of Toshiro came from?

From what I see he scale to 5 teratons from Kenpachi's feat,that far weaker than 48 feat of Kuzan.. i dont see why Kuzan not stomp here

Ryop said:
From what I see he scale to 5 teratons from Kenpachi's feat,that far weaker than 48 feat of Kuzan.. i dont see why Kuzan not stomp here
One reason.......HAX!!!

AP isn't everything,you know

Yomi Schwarz-From what i understand the hax of Toshiro is power nullification with his ice but if you remove the ice the power came back to you? and also isnt this power is NLF since it didnt work on Gerard?

Ryop said:

Kenpachi feat is scaled to base Gerard, Hitsugaya feats was scaled to Vollständig Gerard.

Ryop said:
From what i understand the hax of Toshiro is power nullification with his ice but if you remove the ice the power came back to you? and also isnt this power is MLF since it doesnt work on Gerard?
you need to understand it better cause your wrong

breaking out of the ice dosen't make the abilities you lost come back to you since it already worked it's effect

The reason it didn't work on gerard himself is because he was quick enough to break out of it and had resistance to the hax,how exactly is that even NLF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back