• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kurogane Ikki (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry/Eiyuutan) Stat Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
His AP and Durability looks fine at Room Level, considering he is a swordsman with no special power other than stat amp via Ittou Shura/Razetsu.

His Speed though is another story.

He is listed Hypersonic for reacting to and oneshotting someone running at supersonic speeds (Tomaru Renren).

Tomaru Renren's running speed is maxed at the speed of sound (trans/supersonic). She still has to build up momentum, which she did in their fight. The problem then is that Ikki has ridiculously high combat intelligence. He was reading her like a book, watching how she moves and interacts while she builds up speed.

He could possibly have around trans/supersonic reflexes at base (reacting to bullets quite easily, though he was pissed at the time), but given his ability to read his opponents and shut down some of his senses to improve others (e.g. shutting down color receptors in his eyes to raise his movement perception speed), he can catch her just fine.

This also puts the other RKC profiles into stat checks as well.

Kurogane Shizuku is put at hypersonic for being faster than Renren (who is at most, supersonic).

Stella Vermillion is put at hypersonic for being able to keep up with Ikki, though iirc, he never fought her seriously in a sword fight unless she was throwing around large aoe fire attacks.

Then there's Toudou Tohka and Razetsu-amped Ikki. Tohka was rated MHS for being faster than lightning with slashing, but the wiki says "An ultra-electromagnetic Battoujutsu where Tohka charges her blade with her lightning and drawing it out at an immense speed which easily transcends the speed of sound" (Tohka's Raikiri).

I don't know how the novel rates her as, as both profiles, VSB and the wiki don't show any quote or novel chapter source to look at, but transcending the speed of sound can be as low as supersonic+. Then there's Razetsu-amped Ikki who reacted and attacked just as fast (he matched her speed and broke her blade, so he may not be faster but more skilled).

I don't have much knowledge of the verse as I've only read the manga and watched the anime so if anyone knows the novels, maybe they can quote something to quantify for their speed.

I also don't know much about the series (read almost all translated chapters of the manga, planning to watch the anime soon and maybe read the novels), but it's weird than reacting to a supersonic character rates Ikki (and others through powerscaling) as hypersonic, especially since, as you said, she needs to build up speed and Ikki is very good at analyzing fighting styles, it also looks more like a reaction/reflexes feat than movement. In general, it also seems weird that the speedster with a speed based power is slower than all the other characters listed here, but maybe she's that weak in the verse.

About Tohka, the novel does say her Raikiri is a slash faster than lightning. Here's some speed quotes about Raikiri from Volume 3:

"There has been no one till now who has been able to breakthrough Toudou-san's cross range. Every single one who stepped into that territory was, without any exception, cut down by her faster than a lightning slash, and of course, Shizuku knows that, too."

The moment that Raikiri, who was clad in plasma, followed through, a blade that transcended the speed of sound blasted through the surrounding atmosphere. The same windstorm that burst open swept over Toudou, and blew apart Byakuya Kekkai's mist. That aftermath reached even the audience seats, and grated the cracked assembly hall. The force of the atmosphere was already to the point people couldn't even stay up.

"―Raikiri!"

Within that instant, everything was decided.

With the speed of a flash, a blade of plasma was unsheathed, and the hub was bisected with a single stroke.

Ikki had thrown out the fastest of his seven personal techniques. The seventh secret sword, Raikou. With a speed that showed no swordsmanship, it was an invisible sword. That speed, it was like lightning that drilled into earth within the blink of an eye.

But even so, the name of the technique meeting that Raikou was coincidentally Raikiri. An artful sword draw that splits even descending lightning.

The speeds of both parties were that of peerless superhumans. In that case, the decision of which one was superior was left to the weight of hope that each sword carried.

The two knights put their entire bodies into it, and followed through with their slashes! The flash of lightning from the attack released by steel. The mutual strike that crossed the shortest distance―Raikiri was just slightly faster!

Thouhg I don't know if there's any proof beyond the statements. Also, since Tohka appears to be an iajutsu user, taking the attack speed of her slash and giving it to her as normal combat/movement speed seems iffy, especially since the novel notes she needs to return her sword to her scabbard before using Raikiri again (so she shouldn't be able swing at the speeds of Raikiri normally). In normal speed she's likely comparable to other characters of the verse. A quote from the same volume that makes me question MHS movement speed Tohka:

Swiftly bending her knees, she leaned forward, and leaped.

Within an instant she reached top speed.

Their distance was twenty meters.

Touka could cover that distance within a blink of an eye.

But the 《Witch of the Deep Sea》 wasn't someone who would easily allow that!

It was obvious because she had been waiting.

For the moment when Touka would move with all of her strength!

"Freeze―Toudo Heigen!"

Along with those words, Shizuku's footing froze.

That ice froze the entirety of the ring and extended to the walls faster than Touka.

Sounds like flowery description to me. Let's try breaking it down.

faster than a lightning slash

Looks like this is something someone said. Do you know who said that? If its a low-tier character, he/she may be exaggerating as he/she can't percieve the speed of the attack.

transcended the speed of sound

Can go as low as supersonic.

That speed, it was like lightning that drilled into earth within the blink of an eye.

FTE atleast.

An artful sword draw that splits even descending lightning.

If this is legit, they're scaled to MHS combat speed. I don't think so.

This is actually useful. A blink of an eye is 0.033m/s. That makes her Mach 1.77, Supersonic movement, or at the very least, in bursts. Scales to everyone in her tier, Kurogane Ikki and Shizuku, Stella Vermillion, etc. That would also make Renren crappily slow as she has to build up that movement.

That ice froze the entirety of the ring and extended to the walls faster than Touka.

So this makes Shizuku's attack around Supersonic+, but with atleast hypersonic+ reflexes, methinks, for being able to read Tohka's movement before she goes MHS on their asses.

I still think they're Supersonic with Supersonic+ combat speed until Raikiri is proven MHS.

Any thoughts? What about the others?

The "faster than lightning" quote comes from Ikki talking to Stella as they watch Shizuku fight Tohka, and it does sound like an hyperbole for "very fast", like some of the other statement about it. I agree wih what you said, Tohka seems to be comparable to the other Rakudai charactes in actual movement/combat speed (Supersonic to Supersonic+). Her Raikiri is a special quick draw technique using electromagnetism, and should be counted as attack speed (she's just swinging her sword arm at that speed) and not movement speed (since she needs to resheath Narukami before using Raikiri again, it's obviously not a speed she can use to fight/move around normally). Probably the only way to judge Raikiri's actual speed is either the "split descending lightning" statement or the "slightly faster than a tired Ikki using Ittou Shura and Raikou" statement.

Well, Raikiri's still hella fast. Considering, base Ikki is roughly Supersonic, Ittou Shura amps that tenfold, Ittou Razetsu amps that hundredfold, and even then, Raikiri is still up to par. It could very well be that Ittou Razetsu and Raikiri are atleast Hypersonic just by that thought. Still not MHS imo but it's pretty fast for the verse.

So, for now, how should we rate them? Supersonic with Supersonic+ reflexes?

Then maybe make a note in the speed section regarding their one-shot moves like "Hypersonic via Raikiri / Hypersonic via Ittou Razetsu"?

What do you think?

Yeah, Raikiri/Ittou Rasetsu should definitely be above the normal speed of the verse so far. Supersonic with Supersonic+ reflexes sounds fine for them, with a note for Tohka and Ikki's special techniques being at least Hypersonic speed as you said.

LazyHunter said:
with a note for Tohka and Ikki's special techniques being at least Hypersonic speed as you said.
I checked how high Razetsu amps Ikki's Supersonic speed (100 times) and it gives Mach 177, MHS, though only for one move and he's hospitalized for a week. It likely scales to Raikiri, though idk since she can use it multiple times, though with sheathing her sword in between uses.

What do you think? Hypersonic or MHS via special tech?

On another note, apparently Ikki has a move even faster than Razetsu-amped Raikou. Oikage was said to be so fast that his own freaking shadow can't keep up. Though that's something for another day.

MHS Raikiri and Ittou Rasetsu? Guess the "faster than lightning" and "splitting descending lightning" isn't that far off afterall. I'm thinking that maybe it would be best to move the discussion to the Content Revision board and try to get more opinions, stressing the fact that those speeds are from special techniques by Ikki and Tohka and not their normal combat speeds. I don't know if Rasetsu's multiplier will be accepted, but it definitely helps that the result of the multiplier supports the statements about Raikiri.

Oikage sounds crazy, I need to get with the anime and LNs.

Yeah, it could be true.

Ok then. I'll move it there.

And yeah, Oikage is pretty freaking ridiculous for a low-powered verse like Rakudai.

I believe Ikki's hypersonic speed comes from when he reacted to Renren's Mach 2 punch.

"While creating a sonic boom, Tomaru aimed her fist at Ikki's back and let loose a supersonic strike.

In speed, it really surpassed Mach 2. It was truly a one shot kill strike that far surpassed the level where it could be seen with one's eyes. Forget about blocking, it was no longer possible to evade, or even react in time.

Tomaru had no doubt about her victory. However―

Eh?

Tomaru sensed something on her field of vision that couldn't possibly be there. A gaze. In the thin juncture of time, she felt something that stuck her gaze. It was the gaze of Ikki's eyes, which had caught her movements even though she was in supersonic speed!

N-No way!? He reacted!?

The next moment, Ikki's figure vanished from in front of the fist Tomaru struck out. The supersonic punch hit the air, and their figures intersected. With them passing by each other, Ikki grabbed the scuff of Tomaru's windbreaker and by using her supersonic propulsion, he rotated her with one full swing―

And with that momentum, he slammed Tomaru on the stone surface of the ring."

Then, in his fight against Ouma in Vol. 5 of the LN, where Ouma just stands there spamming supersonic wind blades and he dodges them all. Too bad it was aim dodging.

Also, @LazyHunter Don't watch the anime. Seriously. It's a waste of your time.

@Gemmysaur No problem. The speeds for most of the characters should be Supersonic+, since Renren is faster than Mach 2. Also, their profiles need some work, mainly on powers and abilities and Notable Attacks/Techniques. There's a LOT of stuff missing. Ikki's Secret Swords, Shizuku's Aoiro Rinne, Touka's Takemikazuchi. There's also some scaling that doesn't make much sense, like Ikki being stronger than Stella in raw strenght. The explanation for Trackless Step is downright wrong. Speaking about Trackless Step, Ikki and Stella can use it too.

Nice NotEvenHuman, so he can casually react to Mach 2.

What do you think of this one though?

A blink of an eye is 0.033m/s. That makes her Mach 1.77, Supersonic movement, or at the very least, in bursts. This makes Renren crappy as she has to build up speed to get to Mach 2, whereas Ikki and Tohka gets there quite easily.

Moving on, Toudou Tohka's Raikiri was stated to be faster than a lightning bolt, easily MHS in speed.

Ittou Razetsu amps Ikki's stats a hundredfold (according to the wiki), making Mach 1.77 to Mach 177, Massively Hypersonic, supporting Raikiri's MHS statement as Razetsu-amped Raikou and Raikiri were evenly matched in speed.

Yea, since we have pretty consistent in verse speed statements and definite, explicit stat modifiers to Ikki's abilities, it should be fair game to scale them this way. So I'm fine with top speed MHS Ikki.

Gemmysaur said:
Nice NotEvenHuman, so he can casually react to Mach 2.
What do you think of this one though?

A blink of an eye is 0.033m/s. That makes her Mach 1.77, Supersonic movement, or at the very least, in bursts. This makes Renren crappy as she has to build up speed to get to Mach 2, whereas Ikki and Tohka gets there quite easily.

Moving on, Toudou Tohka's Raikiri was stated to be faster than a lightning bolt, easily MHS in speed.

Ittou Razetsu amps Ikki's stats a hundredfold (according to the wiki), making Mach 1.77 to Mach 177, Massively Hypersonic, supporting Raikiri's MHS statement as Razetsu-amped Raikou and Raikiri were evenly matched in speed.
it seems raikiri is indeed mhs

@Gemmysaur Yeah, that's about right. So, it's Supersonic speed with Supersonic+ reactions and MHS with Rasetsu-amped Raikou and Raikiri? Btw, Rasetsu-amped Raikou is faster than Raikiri. It was mentioned in the novel that Raikiri is only slightly faster than Ikki with Ittou Shura and Raikou.

KaenDragneel123 said:
Wait, faster than Lightining isnt MHS+ (+440000 m/s)
I kind of lost here
We weren't talking about her being faster than lightning in attack speed anyway as that's just them giving description to Raikiri. The novel is filled with flowery words anyway.

KaenDragneel123 said:
And why they are room level?
We haven't checked that yet. We're still on speed.

I'm iffy on all of them being room level but they're glass cannons for the most part anyway, iirc.

Gemmysaur said:
KaenDragneel123 said:
And why they are room level?
We haven't checked that yet. We're still on speed.
I'm iffy on all of them being room level but they're glass cannons for the most part anyway, iirc.
I'll try to calculate some feat for their AP later

MHS Ikki is only in oneshot though so we (me and LazyHunter) suggest we make his and Tohka's speed like this.

This is factoring what NotEvenHuman said as well. Speed : Supersonic (Mach 1.77; roughly equal to Toudou Tohka) with Supersonic+ reactions (roughly equal to Toudou Tohka) || Hypersonic+ (Mach 17.7) with Ittou Shura amping his stats by a factor of 10; faster in conjunction with Raikou. || Massively Hypersonic (Mach 177) with Ittou Razetsu amping his stats by a factor of 100, but can only be used for a few seconds and only once a day; faster in conjunction with Raikou. Speed : Supersonic (Mach 1.77; crossed 20 meters in a blink of an eye which is 0.033m/s) with Supersonic+ reactions (reacted to Kurogane Shizuku's Byakuya Kekkai which is faster than her) || Massively Hypersonic (around Mach 177) with Raikiri but requires resheathing her weapon afterwards. Yeah, NotEvenHuman (gosh that's a handful), it was mentioned that Raikiri is only slightly faster than Ittou Shura and Raikou, but we don't know how fast Raikou is so I suggest we ignore it for now and simply mention that it further increases attack speed. What do you guys think?

I'm fine with their room level AP. At least when it comes to physical attacks. Building level is too high for most of the characters, but wall level just seems too low. Also, yeah, when you look at what some characters can do with magic, the verse might as well be entirely composed of glass cannons.

Gemmysaur said:
MHS Ikki is only in oneshot though so we (me and LazyHunter) suggest we make his and Tohka's speed like this.

This is factoring what NotEvenHuman said as well. Speed : Supersonic (Mach 1.77; roughly equal to Toudou Tohka) with Supersonic+ reactions (roughly equal to Toudou Tohka) || Hypersonic+ (Mach 17.7) with Ittou Shura amping his stats by a factor of 10; faster in conjunction with Raikou. || Massively Hypersonic (Mach 177) with Ittou Razetsu amping his stats by a factor of 100, but can only be used for a few seconds and only once a day; faster in conjunction with Raikou. Speed : Supersonic (Mach 1.77; crossed 20 meters in a blink of an eye which is 0.033m/s) with Supersonic+ reactions (reacted to Kurogane Shizuku's Byakuya Kekkai which is faster than her) || Massively Hypersonic (around Mach 177) with Raikiri but requires resheathing her weapon afterwards. Yeah, NotEvenHuman (gosh that's a handful), it was mentioned that Raikiri is only slightly faster than Ittou Shura and Raikou, but we don't know how fast Raikou is so I suggest we ignore it for now and simply mention that it further increases attack speed. What do you guys think?
I agree

NotEvenHuman said:
I'm fine with their room level AP. At least when it comes to physical attacks. Building level is too high for most of the characters, but wall level just seems too low. Also, yeah, when you look at what some characters can do with magic, the verse might as well be entirely composed of glass cannons.
I still with the idea of calculate some feats :/

Like Stella Fire Explosion and Tohka destroying the ice

Ikki could possibly stay Room Level in AP as that's all he has, atleast in base. His AP will increase as well with Shura and Razetsu.

Stella and Shizuku have large aoe and good magic AP for them. Physically though, being below Ikki, I think they're around Wall to Wall+.

Toudou Tohka is a special case as she has both enough strength to contend with Ikki and yet has enough magical output to destroy Shizuku's frozen arena. She could be Wall+ to Room Level at base, and higher with Raikiri, likely equal to Stella and Shizuku's AP.

Also, thanks KaenDragneel123.

I didn't watch past episode one of Rakudai but I could take a look to see if there is anything interesting to calc, if you like.

Alakabamm said:
I didn't watch past episode one of Rakudai but I could take a look to see if there is anything interesting to calc, if you like.
We're gonna have to use the novels, but thanks. I have none at the moment but we'll be checking their Room Level AP and Durability soon enough.

@Gemmysaur Ikki's stats are fine, we just need to add keys for his amps. Shizuku is fine where she is, as long as we're talking magic. She's ridiculously weaker than the rest of the cast when it comes to melee. Stella isn't weaker than Ikki, they're equals. With magic, i honestly could see Stella going up to City Block with Karthatherio Salamandra. Now before someone calls BS, let me explain. Ouma, Ikki's brother and an A-rank wind user, has a feat that is possibly City Block where he destroys most of Hagun Academy with his strongest attack, Kusanagi, and said feat can possibly be scaled to Stella.

Here's the quote:

"The moment that Kusanagi struck the ground, the blade of storm-wind cut and blew away everything there. While hugging Touka tightly, Stella beheld the destruction with her own eyes. The track that Kusanagi had carved in the ground, nothing remained there. The school buildings, the practice arenas, even the asphalt paving the roads… all had become rubble. Everything had been ripped apart, leaving only a concave track in the brown earth. That was surely like an enormous dragon had gouged the land. If a human had taken it directly, he would probably be leaving no trace."

Notice how Ouma destroyed even the training arenas. We know that there's at least 15 arenas because, in Vol. 1, it's mentioned that Shizuku is having her match in the fifteenth arena. That, coupled with the school buildings, should be enough for a City Block level.

Alakabamm said:
Is the anime not canon?
Non-canon as it did not include some key parts of the novel, making the coming of a second season rather iffy. One of which is the gay person's connection to the higher ups, iirc.

NotEvenHuman said:
@Gemmysaur Ikki's stats are fine, we just need to add keys for his amps. Shizuku is fine where she is, as long as we're talking magic. She's ridiculously weaker than the rest of the cast when it comes to melee. Stella isn't weaker than Ikki, they're equals. With magic, i honestly could see Stella going up to City Block with Karthatherio Salamandra. Now before someone calls BS, let me explain. Ouma, Ikki's brother and an A-rank wind user, has a feat that is possibly City Block where he destroys most of Hagun Academy with his strongest attack, Kusanagi, and said feat can possibly be scaled to Stella.
Here's the quote:

"The moment that Kusanagi struck the ground, the blade of storm-wind cut and blew away everything there. While hugging Touka tightly, Stella beheld the destruction with her own eyes. The track that Kusanagi had carved in the ground, nothing remained there. The school buildings, the practice arenas, even the asphalt paving the roads… all had become rubble. Everything had been ripped apart, leaving only a concave track in the brown earth. That was surely like an enormous dragon had gouged the land. If a human had taken it directly, he would probably be leaving no trace."

Notice how Ouma destroyed even the training arenas. We know that there's at least 15 arenas because, in Vol. 1, it's mentioned that Shizuku is having her match in the fifteenth arena. That, coupled with the school buildings, should be enough for a City Block level.
Sounds like a multi-city block feat to me

NotEvenHuman said:
Ok then. They're equals. What of Shizuku? She's weaker right? So Wall+ Shizuku then?

I'll leave you to the AP calcs pls as I can't do so to save my life. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back