• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos VS Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargoyle One said:
If the river itself is keeping all of the people under it's control at once then it doesn't matter.

You don't have to apply it all at once if you're still strong enough to effect them all.
That's...very untrue.

Also, going by that logic, every mind manipulator who spreads the AOE of their mind manip one by one and can maintain it for billions of people needs to be downgraded, which is clearly false, since Amon's quadrillions mind manip is this type and nobody ever talked about downgrading it, and literally dozens of mind manippers are this type.

Homura's mind manip is also this type. Never once suggested to be downgraded...

Difference is, they actually have to maintain it. Because they have to think. It's a river. It's not being maintained in the same way as again, the lava analogy.

Also, Homura mindscrewed a 2-A concept. Not the same.

The way it is being maintained is not relevant, as long as it can affect that many people it counts. I can provide many examples, such as Amon

Comparing real life things to a river that manipulates the mind of that many people is also a false equivalence.

Kepekley23 said:
The way it is being maintained is not relevant, as long as it can affect that many people it counts. I can provide many examples, such as Amon

Comparing real life things to a river that manipulates the mind of that many people is also a false equivalence.
Adding to the latter

The lava is an analogy of AP, not Hax.

Also, as I said above, using ability scaling to justify Mewtwo's transmutation range is flawed, unless you want to scale the Amulet of Uroborus to the Blade of Olympus, which gives Kratos this fight (every Titan on this gif is 400 to 500m tall, to give a notion of the scale)

If I took a gun and killed everyone one by one, does that make someone who tanks the shot have more power than everyone in humanity?

And not a false equivalency. You fall in the river, you lose your mind. You fall in lava, you die. And unless you can find something that says that people will regain their memories if they leave the river, then it's no different than me making the lava analogy, supernatural or otherwise.

If you don't want this river convo to continue, don't respond to it. I don' t mind dropping it for now, as I feel your pain after the Link thing.

Kepekley23 said:
Also, as I said above, using ability scaling to justify Mewtwo's transmutation range is flawed, unless you want to scale the Amulet of Uroborus to the Blade of Olympus, which gives Kratos this fight (every Titan on this gif is 400 to 500m tall, to give a notion of the scale)
Again, not really when one's a subset of his own psychic powers which have canonical proof of being able to target the opponent being enough, while the other is an item that wasn't originally its user's.

Once again, that's a false equivalence. Millions of people fell into the River Styx (a river that has powers comparable to the Lethe River. In fact, they share borders) on GoW III at the exact same time and died due to its death hax. So the river does have feats of affecting multiple people at the exact same time, as long as there's space left, it will mindhax. This validates my calc.

Hades himself implies it.

Hope that settles the debate.

Mewtwo's psychic powers vary wildly in range, there are powers he has only used within melee range, and others he can use from the other side of the world. That also doesn't justify it.

Should've led with the millions thing, and that still only justifies millions.

Mewtwo's power only varies in range if it's a projectile with Psycho Cut.

Dude still screws with matter from much farther away in Pokémon Conquest anyway.

Should've led with the millions thing, and that still only justifies millions.

Actually, it does justify billions because we're looking at an extremely limited view of the Underworld, this is literally only Hades's Palace, which at the very best covers a few kilometers. The true range is at least thousands of times greater than what we're seeing here, since the Underworld is bigger than the Earth in diameter.

To give more weight to this claim, artist Cecil Kim talks about the Underworld's magnitude in his concept arts and about "stuff flying and falling", this one from a different part of it.

The nature of the feat also invalidates the claim. The minimum limits of the mindhax we can get without driving into NLF territory would be the number I got in my blog.

Also, the guide that is used to get Kratos's deathhax resistance helps my point. It states that the River Styx can slay all beings who drink from it, but Kratos's thirst for vengeance drives him on.

Mewtwo's power only varies in range if it's a projectile with Psycho Cut.

That's already proof it varies in range. Also, you should get a scan for the feat when you have the time, I'm debating with the assumption it is a handwave kind of thing, but I'd need more context.

Dude still screws with matter from much farther away in Pokémon Conquest anyway.

I'll take a look.

By the way, Mewtwo's mind manip is already proof his psychic haxes don't cross-scale. He is able to mindwipe Team Rocket from far away and connect with other 'Mons, but he can only use Psychic at extended melee range (speaking based on the Genesect movie and the first movie)

A specialized type of TK that doesn't scale to the rest. Point still stands.

Also, you probably didn't receive a notification for the post before that one.

Heck, Mewtwo's used Psychic on a much farther distance in itself, on a group of Tauros.

I did see it. I just wanted to wait.

Mewtwo still just teleports someone to another dimension, be it Kratos or himself.

On the fight against Genesect, F-Mewtwo had to get pretty close to save Feraligatr with Psychic.

Wouldn't a Time-Travel to before the BFR counter that?

Nice avatar.

He is time-traveling his own body to another point in the past. I kinda don't see how it isn't a counter. This isn't Teleportation.

Because he gets teleported to a void devoid of timespace. He's not going to time travel out of that, not to mention he severely lacks the range to get out.

> Because he gets teleported to a void devoid of timespace.

That isn't in the profile. Any scans?

Anyway, guess that is one way Mewtwo can win.

That isn't what it is for, though. Void Manip is nonexistence/existence manipulation according to the page.

Also, can he do that while time is stopped around Kratos? Refer to the time-dome I mentioned above.

You a Justin Timberlake fan? Because it looks like you're a firm believer of what goes around comes back around ovo.

Aka to keep an eye on the debate so it won't get heated

Also to know when to make the Kratos vs. Revivemon thread

Kepekley23 said:
Aka to keep an eye on the debate so it won't get heated

Also to know when to make the Kratos vs. Revivemon thread
I actually think Kep's the only person I haven't gotten into a heated debate with yet. Post-revival anyway ovo.

>Can't tell when someone is joking around.

>Something that is allowed.

>Proceeds to derail himself.

Bayo Clapping
Good Job.....

Yeah, I'm not the one who you want to get snarky with okay? Especially over some harmless fun that is indeed allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back