• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (GoW) vs Cerberumon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Kratos has killed many Cerberus dogs in his day. But he has fought none like Cerberumon. Can he rip this Cerberus dog's head off as well? Or will he fail. He wants to get to Plutomo (A battle he will lose horribly), but he must get past the Guard Dog of the Dark Area.

-Speed Equalized obviously

-Kratos is 6-B

-Bloodlusted

-Win via Death

FIGHT!!!!

Kratos: 1

Cerberumo: 3

Draw: 0

Kratos-playstation-allstars-battle-royale
I am here for your master's head, out of my way!

Cerberumon crusader
I will not allow you to get to my master. Your life ends here!!!

Actually, how does his ability to steal powers work? Can he steal everything? Even those that require special equipment? Would he be able use his BFR when he's hundreds of meters to kilometers away from Kratos or steal abilities in that situation? Because according to Standard Battle Assumptions, they start as far away from each other as their highest range. If Cerberumon can't use his hax when he's hundreds of meters to kilometers away from Kratos, I vote for Kratos for much better versatility and hax. If Cerberumon can still use them, I might keep my vote on him but it depends on if he can steal abilities that require special equipment.

He steals powers with a howl. It isn't specified that he can't steal from items as well tho.

Grau Lärm: A howl that seals the opponent's abilities.

Inferno Gate: Opens the "gates of Hell" that are engraved in the earth, thrusting the opponent down into the jet-black Dark Area. I

As long as Kratos hears the howl, his abilities are sealed. Plus all he has to do is send Kratos to the Dark Area and it's game over.

Yes, that makes sense but would Kratos hear from that distance? And Kratos has ways to one-shot from distance with Time Manipulation + Petrification, Soul Manipulation and black holes/voids and he can blind and freeze Cerberumon, even if momentarily. It sounds like Cerberumon needs to be close to his opponent to use his BFR. It's also debatable if this will work, as Kratos can create a clone and replace himself with that. Since Kratos is bloodlusted, he will immediately slow down time and use his hax. I think he can rewind time too, but I'm not sure. Will go for Kratos in this scenario.

In the event that Kratos does get his powers sealed, does it apply to physical abilities or just his hax? If he can still fight normally, he should put up a good fight, but ultimately BFR is something he has no counter for. Cerberumon here.

How would he not here him howl? Has Kratos' Time stop worked on people meters away. Especially when they are the only two around.

"It sounds like Cerberumon needs to be close to his opponent to use his BFR."

Nothing implies that. He literally opens the gates wherever his opponent is.

"It's also debatable if this will work, as Kratos can create a clone and replace himself with that.

You realize it forcefully pulles Kratos' soul in right? Once he's in the Dark Area he will be erased to non-existence.

"Since Kratos is bloodlusted, he will immediately slow down time and use his hax."

And Cerberumon will use his abilities automatically anyway. Heck, I don't know if Time Stop will work since Cerberumon naturally lives in a world that has no time. Hence the infinite speed rating.

"In the event that Kratos does get his powers sealed, does it apply to physical abilities or just his hax?"

Hax. And then Cerberumon could either obliterate his soul or send him to the Dark Area where there will be no time to rewind.

They are several hundreds of meters to kilometers away from each other. It's debatable if Kratos would hear it. I don't think he would. I don't remember Kratos stopping time, he just slows it down and probably rewinds it, though I'm not sure. As for them being the only two there, isn't the fight taking place in New York or something? Regardless, Kratos can summon armies and the souls of people he has killed before.

Okay, but his range is severely lacking in this case.

Well of course I don't realize since I don't know Digimon, lol. Also, Kratos has resistance to Soul Manipulation and even if we say it's eventually going to pull his soul out, he could have replaced himself with a clone at that point. I agree with him getting erased if he enters the Dark Area, though.

I do know Cerberumon would use his powers immediately. But compared to Kratos, he's lacking in range, versatility and possible ways to deal with his hax.

Okay.

Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

So at most I see a few meters since that is Cerberumon's limit. Otherwise I doubt they'd be fighting anyway. This isn't a DBZ fight. So we can come up with a compromise.

"Regardless, Kratos can summon armies and the souls of people he has killed before."

Banish them to the Dark Area with Kratos.

"Also, Kratos has resistance to Soul Manipulation"

Has he ever survived getting his soul flat out destroyed?

Schwarz Strahl: Fires a black beam that penetrates the opponent's body, destroying their Digicore.

Yes well, Kratos' range is several hundreds of meters to kilometers which is why I've been mentioning something on it.

I only mentioned the armies and souls because you said 'Especially when they're the only two around'. They should be useful for distractions only.

No, I don't believe so. But Kratos can slow down time and dodge, counter with his energy attacks or reflect it with the Golden Fleece and also has the advantage of flight, I think.

-Let's just use Cerberumon's range.

-Would he even know to do that? They have no knowlege, so to Kratos Cerberumon is just a howling dog. Plus now that I think about it the howl may not need to be heard.

-Would Time Slow even work on a being who naturally lives in a timeless space? Flight is nothing new since he as a Dobermon hunts Virus' on a daily basis. Virus' include but are not limited to https://wikimon.net/Devimo

Honestly don't know about that since there's a chance time hax doesn't work on Cerberumon and Kratos would just get his powers immediately sealed off in that case.

If it was in character, if Kratos saw Cerberumon, he'd just want to beat the hell out of him with brute force since that's what he normally does to creatures like it, but in a situation like this, it's hax that's going to get thrown around.

About time hax not working on it, I don't know about that.

Honestly, I think Kratos has a few abilities missing on his profile. I could have sworn that this dude could access the past with some kind of weapon. But I barely remember God of War so I'm not going to do anything about it.

Ultimately, I'm voting for Kratos right now.

Also, when Kratos reflects Schwarz Strahl, wouldn't Cerberumon's DigiCore/soul be destroyed? Or is he resistant to something like that?

Assuming it hits Cerberumon. Plus if he howls beforehand, that wouldn't be a problem.

Why wouldn't it hit Cerberumon? Also, I know about the howling thing. We already discussed it. Plus if the battle starts, and Kratos slows time, Cerberumon would be opening his mouth really slowly and Kratos can hax him out or use Hermes' boots to amplify his speed and get close to him really fast.

"Why wouldn't it hit Cerberumon?"

Because Cerberumon can dodge?

"Plus if the battle starts, and Kratos slows time, Cerberumon would be opening his mouth really slowly and Kratos can hax him out"

There is also the chance that Cerberumon howls faster than Kratos stops time. Just has Kratos has to raise his hand to stop time, all Cerberumon has to do is howl. So tell me which one is faster? Plus I still not sure on whether time manipulation works on a being who naturally lives in a timeless space.

Yes, I know that. I only asked if he could survive the destruction of his DigiCore because Kratos can reflect his beam. It wouldn't have even come to my mind if you didn't ask if Kratos could survive the destruction of his soul.

Well, we could just continue arguing back and forth but the thing is we've already said everything that can be said for them (well, according to what I remember for Kratos). If they start from Kratos' range, I vote for Kratos. If they start from Cerberumon's range, I'm more likely to go for him. But only because of his howling.

So, since it's a fight that depends on certain circumstances, I vote for inconclusive.

Nah Cerberumon would get utterly destroyed by the attack.

Sometimes you only need one skill to beat someone with multiple. I mean Alphamon curbstomps Yhwach with one skill alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back