• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (2018) vs Alduin

Low Godly regen and Type 9 are not in this key and even then higher D Type 9 is restricted.

Kratos via superior AP and overall versatility

Oh snap i knew i read something wrong...but what about that soul manipulation, i don't think Kratos has any defence against that

Kratos does, but does Adluin's ability not to die from people who don't have dragonrend not count? (I notice afterwards it sounds like a no limits fallacy, but would Kratos be strong enough to where he ignores it or is it straight up not canon in the first place).

From what I can tell Alduin has no counter to getting time slowed spatial manipulated and a ton of things.

I don't think his NEW version resists soul manipulation plus Alduin has teleportation and reality warp

I want Kratos to win but with Alduin's hax i dont see it

Kratos's page isn't updated yet, he has all the resistance of his past self and in this game he fight people who try to steal his soul.

Gargoyle One said:
From what I can tell Alduin has no counter to getting time slowed spatial manipulated and a ton of things.
Adluin can slow time as well (but it's most likely not in character since in game he's a massive jobber), but yeah he has no answer to spatial manipulation

Alduin never even uses such abilities like time slow, reality warping, etc. in-game; he only uses his flight and Shouts (mainly Fire, Frost, and Meteor Summoning) when in battle.

@Kiryu2012

If he never had the hax or displayed them, it wouldnt be on his profile...or it would say doesnt apply to combat

@Keeweed

I've seen gameplay, and i havent seen one villain with soul manipulation or soul rip

DatBoyNorbit said:
@Kiryu2012
If he never had the hax or displayed them, it wouldnt be on his profile...or it would say doesnt apply to combat

@Keeweed

I've seen gameplay, and i havent seen one villain with soul manipulation or soul rip
He never said that he didn't have the powers, just that he doesn't use them.

The Wright Way said:
He never said that he didn't have the powers, just that he doesn't use them.
I know that, i was just pointing out the fact tht just because he doesnt use them doesnt mean he wont, and thats only for the PvMob fights he doesnt use them, in the story he clearly uses them

When does Alduin use soul manipulation offensively in the game?

The way I see it, Kratos can actually take this one. The way that Alduin prolonged his life in the game was through eating the souls of those traveling through Solstheim. So he would have to run and heal himself which would lose him the fight. Also, Dragonrend isn't needed to kill Alduin. The shout is just meant to keep him from flying, Paarthurnax explains this when asked about the shout.

And from what we see of Kratos I believe that the God of War wouldn't have too much of an issue avoiding the shouts that the dragon use and that he could dish a lot more damage than the dragon could take.

Also, Hades had soul rip which if Kratos does have all stats from his previous games counts in his favor.

Son Gandhi said:
Kratos can dish out more than Alduin can take and kratos has resistance to a lot of hax.
1. That doesn't make it a stomp.

2. Better reasoning is required. Saying 'A is stronger and more haxed then B' doesn't add to the debate. Does Kratos resist Alduin's hax? Does Alduin have any resistances to Kratos's hax? Who has more experience? Who is more likely to use hax in character? etc.

Nah you're right bro its not a stomp, I was just trying to keep it short but honestly I think kratos takes this mainly due to alduin not using all his hax in character and kratos will use many techniques in character which alduin doesn't have resistance to and also ap advantage will help kratos get the win as well.

In my humble opinion : Alduin wins via Soul Manipulation, Low Godly Regenerationn, Immortality Type 5 and other superior hax that Kratos cannot resist. Besides, I'm afraid Kratos can't do much against Alduin in return without Dragonrend.

Alduin is getting upgraded to continent level soon, but right now Kratos has resistance to soul manipulation (he's fought soul eaters and he should have his previous games resistances), Low Godly regen doesn't work in combat, and Alduin invulnerability is automatically restricted due to SBA. As much as I love the elder scrolls, Kratos wins through his ap advantage alone

Alduin should be upgraded as well (since it's the Greybeard call being what was used to upgrade Kratos) then we can get back to this.

Where do half Kratos's powers come from, and what is their extent?

Because all I'm seeing are "can be used passively" and "via talismans and enchaments". Nothing on what the abilities actually let him do.

Monarch Laciel said:
Where do half Kratos's powers come from, and what is their extent?
Because all I'm seeing are "can be used passively" and "via talismans and enchaments". Nothing on what the abilities actually let him do.
there will be revision in the future. I agree his abilities listed in profile is too brief.

Back