• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (2018) Innate Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does being amped by the world tree makes him immeasurable? AFAIK the real three is the one trascendent of everything and what we see in game is the physical manifestation of it but I might be incorrect

The World Tree/Yggdrasil transcends space and time, along with numerous other concepts within the Norse realm. Kratos gets amps from the World Tree from its dew drops(?) located throughout the map.

So he is getting a physical amp that originates from a object that transcends space and time. This is essentially what gave Persona Immeasurable speed, as Shadows are an Archetype, which physically transcend space and time.

How does being amped by the world tree makes him immeasurable? AFAIK the real three is the one trascendent of everything and what we see in game is the physical manifestation of it but I might be incorrect
I don't recall that ever being stated. Far as I'm aware, what we see is the actual World Tree. Freya makes no comment otherwise to my recollection.

I don't like using Yggdrasil to justify anything in relevance to any of the characters in the Norse pantheon, because we still know nothing about it really. No one would scale to the world tree, because they are all bound to it. Attempting to give kratos immeasurable speed from dew amps, from a tree that is capable of erasing him on the spot, when he doesn't even remotely have any feats near immeasurable, makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, if that alone was enough for Persona then I have my problems with that, said amp shouldn't give such an important and hard to fit in verse speed without actual feats

What are Kratos feats at that level ?

I will say that getting amped by an entity that transcends space and time is in no way an argument for Immeasurable speed. That's an issue Persona has to settle.

I'm neutral on Infinite though I can sorta see it happening with the Underworld stuff.

I will say that getting amped by an entity that transcends space and time is in no way an argument for Immeasurable speed. That's an issue Persona has to settle.

I'm neutral on Infinite though I can sorta see it happening with the Underworld stuff.
No no, I didn't mean as in Persona gets amps from another entity. I was just noting that Shadows physically transcending space and time was enough.

I don't like using Yggdrasil to justify anything in relevance to any of the characters in the Norse pantheon, because we still know nothing about it really. No one would scale to the world tree, because they are all bound to it. Attempting to give kratos immeasurable speed from dew amps, from a tree that is capable of erasing him on the spot, when he doesn't even remotely have any feats near immeasurable, makes no sense whatsoever.
They are only small amps, so it wouldn't mean Kratos is actually above the World Tree. Although I imagine he'll eventually scale above Thor, who will splinter it in his battle with Jor.

But if you don't feel like the drops aren't enough evidence, that's fine. Like I said, I was just looking for feedback on it and the Infinite speed scaling is what I'd try to ultimately argue for.

Infinite was "Possibly" before, and that miffed people beyond belief before. If that returned, we wouldn't hear the end of it, feats or not. I believe MFTL+ is far more consistent anyway, and infinite would AT BEST just be a "Possibly" again.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is complete. Giving kratos his innate resistances was agreed on by everyone taking part in the thread. @Theglassman12 Would you consider this thread concluded?

Isn’t there statements from the creator saying they can’t portray Kratos’ strength accurately because it wouldn’t make sense with the game?

There was a video that talked about Cory Barlog(?) speaking about how portraying Krato's more higher up strength/power feats would make him steamroll like 90% of the things he goes through each game, hence why they don't always portray it at all times else he'd just outright destroy everything he touches like the chests you open for HP and mana.

I forgot how he said it but it was along those lines iirc. But that's for another topic, I assume. The main purpose of this thread, unless someone brings up an opposing reason to disagree comes, is complete.

Last edited:
guys i suggest we should look any resistance he has in Norse myth before adding resistance from his greek counterpart

My concern is there are a lot magic and abilities from Norse game which 'not list in his 2018 profile.

And there are Unity Stone which give Kratos existence erasure resistance although it should be noted Unity stone isn't Kratos standard equipment

There is some Infinite speed scaling based on Interviews and in-game descriptions. Such as the Underworld and other areas being described as "Infinite" in the guides and Hermès' light being able to light up the Underworld. I'd have to dig it all up, since it has been a sec since I've touched GoW scaling.

Additionally, you could get him to Immeasurable since he does get physical amps from the World Tree that transcends everything space and time and among other things in each of its strands. This is essentially what gave Persona Immeasurable speed by scaling off of Archetypes.
Yeah i don't like this too. This one needs more legit feats...

I believe we should keep the original intention here, sure Kratos needs revisions, but this is just to add already accepted Resistances from the Greek games, after that we make one to add new ones from the Norse Game

I believe we should keep the original intention here, sure Kratos needs revisions, but this is just to add already accepted Resistances from the Greek games, after that we make one to add new ones from the Norse Game
well i am fine with this....

after that we add new ones from Norse series including :

• The game itself
  • God of War Card game
  • God of War 2018 Novel.
  • God of War Strategy guide book.
  • and possibly new God of War Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back